Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Goal(s) for tomorrow?

95K views 892 replies 323 participants last post by  gwm483 
#1 ·
What is your goal for tomorrow?

My goal is to go fishing somewhere frequented by people.

#3 ·
Congrats on meeting your goal!

My goal for tomorrow: Return item I accidently stole from Home Depot today (self-checkout issues). Should I bother explaining it to the returns employee or just put it back on the shelf? Probably just put it back. Which is less weird? I ended up not needing the part anyway.

#10 ·
slylikeafox said:
RubyLynn, what did you decide to do? It would be awkward, but I think it would be best to take it to a returns employee.
Ah, I just put it back on the shelf. No problem. But today I got the wrong ink for my printer and have to return that. I must have some kind of shopping disability. :eyes

How are the other goals going?

#11 ·
My goal for tomorrow is to get my hair cut and go to the grocery. No specific social goals.

#15 ·
Where will you go on this outing?

#17 ·
Just Lurking said:
ardrum said:
Where will you go on this outing?
Oh I took my two nieces to the city's Emergency Preparedness event where 911/military/electric/gas/etc. people show off all their equipment and so forth. Then we went downtown, to a park, and did the supper thing afterwards. By the time I got home, 13 hours had passed and I was exhausted. Good day though. :)
Wow, that does sound like a good day. How old are they?

EDIT: Didn't do the grocery/haircut thing. I'll do it today though.

#18 ·
ardrum said:
They are 8 and 11. I love hanging out with them; they are a pair of great kids. They also tend to reduce my anxiety to much lower levels, a side effect of being so pre-occupied with their well-being.

ardrum said:
Didn't do the grocery/haircut thing. I'll do it today though.
I put that sort of stuff off to the last possible minute. Down with haircuts!

So, Mother's Day visit and dinner today/tonight. This coming week I think I may check out the world of stocks, starting at the very beginning with a copy of "Stocks for Dummies". No sense having money collect dust with interest rates weaker than that of inflation.

#19 ·
Just Lurking said:
ardrum said:
They are 8 and 11. I love hanging out with them; they are a pair of great kids. They also tend to reduce my anxiety to much lower levels, a side effect of being so pre-occupied with their well-being.
I notice an identical phenomenon whenever I've hung out with my nephews. They're much younger, but my consciousness is just wrapped up "in the moment" instead of in my thoughts when I'm around them. Of course, then it gets to be physically tiring from being tackled all day. :lol It's worth it though, as I want to be the best uncle I can be.

Just Lurking said:
ardrum said:
Didn't do the grocery/haircut thing. I'll do it today though.
I put that sort of stuff off to the last possible minute. Down with haircuts!
Yeah, I hate haircuts, but I get one about every 4-5 weeks. I don't have anything fancy to deal with though, so it's quick at least.

Just Lurking said:
So, Mother's Day visit and dinner today/tonight. This coming week I think I may check out the world of stocks, starting at the very beginning with a copy of "Stocks for Dummies". No sense having money collect dust with interest rates weaker than that of inflation.
Ooh! This is something I took an interest in last year. Two books that really helped me out:

The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing
A Random Walk Down Wall Street

I now have a Roth IRA account at vanguard.com as a result.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.