For Anyone Who Wants A More Positive Way of Thinking - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
Red face

For Anyone Who Wants A More Positive Way of Thinking

I'm writing this for anyone who feels lost and sacred in life because I myself have been struggling lately. I have felt lost and scared in life. I'm 20 years old and I don't really know what I want to do with my life. All of the scared negative feelings were starting to take a toll on me. Flash back to about four months ago. I read a book called You are a Badass by Jen Sincero. This book helped me view life in a completely different way. But over the past four months, I just sort of went back to my old ways of thinking and acting. I just sat there feeling sorry for myself. I was using my anxiety and fears as an excuse to why I wasn't doing anything. Luckily my boyfriend called me out on it and at the moment I was hurt that he would think that about me.
The next day though I knew he was completely right. So I dove head first into research. I realized I can't figure anything out because I don't love myself. That is the base of everything. Until I love myself I won't know what my purpose is. Basically what I'm getting at is. You do have the power to not let anxiety control you. You choose how you feel. It's not easy by any means, but it is so worth it when you can figure this out and how to control it. You have the power to view life how you want. The book I recommended above explains all of this way better than I can. But if you are struggling with finding your true self, read it! I want to use my knowledge to help others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 07:02 PM
SAS Member

Thanks for sharing! I've never heard of that book before, but it sounds like something I should look into.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page