3 Actionable Tips To Overcome Social Anxiety - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thumbs up

3 Actionable Tips To Overcome Social Anxiety

Good Evening Guys

I want to share with you today my working tips to overcome social anxiety and I've tested these two tips myself and they're really effective.

First one : Focus on everything that's is good with you

instead of focusing on what's wrong with you, it's simple but effective.
Ask yourself ...

What is your best physical feature ?
What is your finest character trait ?
What is your biggest dream ?

This works like magic when you really believe it, you have things to tell about and be proud of, it's not all about your flaws, because we'll have ones, even the most successful, intelligent, awesome people have some but you don't know about it, because they concentrate on what works for them, the concentrate about what makes them feel better not what makes them desperate and less confident.

Second one : Avoid Perfectionism ( it's not good )

Over the course of so many years I've arrived to a conclusion that perfectionism is a curse that many people are starving to have.

You don't have to be perfect, you just need to be human, we're living this life to learn and optimize, not to brag on instagram or Facebook.

It's ok to be better every single day and work on yourself but don't link your happiness to perfectionism, it's a myth that no one reach.

Third one : Notice When You’re At Your Most Confident

How do you know you’ve done something good? is it as a result of people’s feedback, the obvious achievement of result or do you just know by yourself!

Some of us are naturally wired in such a way that we rely mainly on other people gratitude to let us know whether we made something good or not.
That’s one of the main reasons of social anxiety disorder and also cause a lack of self-confidence if you don’t usually get people’s appreciation and applause after everything you do at your life.

So in order to be more self-confident you should work around this issue by making a daily habit noticing success or moments when you’ve felt at your highest confident and write it down day after the other .

That will trigger state of confidence in the moment and also begin to rewire your brain to notice more of these confidence moments as they happen even when you’re among other people .

Thanks for your time
have a great day.

I've been through social anxiety for years, Now I'm out to tell a story and share solutions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 06:21 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Relaxed
I like this

So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. Romans 12:5
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 04:09 PM
SAS Member

Thank you so much friend this is very good idea and important for the many people.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 07:17 PM
SAS Member

Bump
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 08:44 PM
Pandora’s Birthright

My Mood: Pensive
thumbs up.

Some people will always need help. That doesn’t mean they’re not worth helping
– Meera Reed

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and stars; you have a right to be here.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page