Why Are the Middle Eastern Peace treaties being ignored in the News ? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Why Are the Middle Eastern Peace treaties being ignored in the News ?

I caught the Isreal Bahraini treaty on ABC only because it was live. And even then.....they didn't carry the full thing...I kid you not...half way through the speeches they just cut off and went into commentary.

The UAE peace treaty, I only heard about it by specifically searching for it online.

Now we all know that FOX news may be biased for Republicans ....but how can the other networks claim to not be equally Democrat biased when they so blatantly ignore news items which may be favourable to Trump.

It reminds me of a comedy sketch I saw on youtube where the guy said "everytime I catch someone being violent, I send that part of the clip to FOX, and when that same person is later to arrested, I send that other part of the clip to CNN."

https://youtu.be/xiYZ__Ww02c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 04:11 AM
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Crappy
Because the liberal media hates Trump and will not give him credit for anything.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 04:55 AM
SAS Member

If the media hated Trump they wouldn't air his pathetic baby babbling all the time.

The reason this isn't being reported 24/7 is because the normalising of relations (not a peace treaty because they weren't at war) between piddling nations just isn't as important to US news media as the failures of governance on display in the US at the moment.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 04:56 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
Maybe it's the news oulets you follow. I've seen it covered in a lot of places!

<3
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 11:17 AM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy11200 View Post
The reason this isn't being reported 24/7 is because the normalising of relations (not a peace treaty because they weren't at war) between piddling nations just isn't as important to US news media as the failures of governance on display in the US at the moment.
Pretty much. In the US at least we have bigger (to us) things right now to be thinking about so we're being self-centered. Perhaps it's different in other countries' media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSxo View Post
Same, and I already said so to OP in another thread. Guess that wasn't enough.

Anyway, OP's own comments make it clear this news isn't being "ignored" whatsoever, so...

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 11:51 AM
SAS Member

A number of the outlets I usually go to have covered it. I don't know if the Dem/GOP bias of outlets play that big of a role in this particular thing, maybe it does, but generally if it's a large for-profit news outlet there are certain issues that won't get much coverage regardless of how important it is due to the fact that certain topics don't bring in enough views to financially justify giving it a lot of coverage, and for US audiences international news doesn't bring in the high ratings unless it's an active war we're involved in.

It's similar to how liberal outlets like CNN and MSNBC rarely cover the topic of climate change even though it's extremely important. Among other factors (like blatant corporate funding influence) a major one is the fact that people aren't interested in watching long segments about climate science, it's boring, the average person turns on the news after work partially to be entertained, and unfortunately things like climate change and international news is going to be put on the back-burner when there are other more sensational things constantly happening, ironically Trump himself is often the source of the sensational news coverage that inevitably buries any chance of international news like this from getting through.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 01:22 PM
SAS Member

I'm not sure if it is significant, honestly.

It's no secret that the "UAE-SA-Bahrain" are allied with Israel against Iran.

It's clearly something most Arab leaders want anyway, but are just afraid of backlash. (Though I think the people themselves care less too anyway).

---

I would've been more surprised honestly if Trump was able to mend the relations between Qatar and the UAE-SA, lol. Even though that would've been an even less eye-catching headline.

Ma 'alena
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2020, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSxo View Post
My local TV has OAN (which seems to be like FOX), CNN and ABC. So that's where I draw reference from.

When the Treaty happened it was live on all 3, but only OAN carried the whole thing, CNN and ABC cut it off when one of the Trump Aides started complimenting the president. Then for the rest of the day CNN and ABC only mentioned it in passing commentary or a bulletin at the bottom of the screen .....whereas OAN carried the full story live , and continued to play segments from it all day.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2020, 02:59 AM
Pesky Pessimist

Mega news outlets are for profit. So they will only focus on news that draws interest and entertainment value for others. Peace treaties in general are boring news. Especially for that of foreign countries. People and audience generally are only more drawn to things that matters to themselves that they deem are more immediate. Inter-foreign peace treaties fulfills none of that.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2020, 05:08 AM
Hufflepuff

My Mood: Lurking
>Peace
>Middle East

Reject modernity, embrace monke

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page