Why Are the Middle Eastern Peace treaties being ignored in the News ? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Why Are the Middle Eastern Peace treaties being ignored in the News ?

I caught the Isreal Bahraini treaty on ABC only because it was live. And even then.....they didn't carry the full thing...I kid you not...half way through the speeches they just cut off and went into commentary.

The UAE peace treaty, I only heard about it by specifically searching for it online.

Now we all know that FOX news may be biased for Republicans ....but how can the other networks claim to not be equally Democrat biased when they so blatantly ignore news items which may be favourable to Trump.

It reminds me of a comedy sketch I saw on youtube where the guy said "everytime I catch someone being violent, I send that part of the clip to FOX, and when that same person is later to arrested, I send that other part of the clip to CNN."

https://youtu.be/xiYZ__Ww02c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 04:11 AM
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Doubtful
Because the liberal media hates Trump and will not give him credit for anything.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 04:55 AM
SAS Member

If the media hated Trump they wouldn't air his pathetic baby babbling all the time.

The reason this isn't being reported 24/7 is because the normalising of relations (not a peace treaty because they weren't at war) between piddling nations just isn't as important to US news media as the failures of governance on display in the US at the moment.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 04:56 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
Maybe it's the news oulets you follow. I've seen it covered in a lot of places!

<3
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 11:17 AM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy11200 View Post
The reason this isn't being reported 24/7 is because the normalising of relations (not a peace treaty because they weren't at war) between piddling nations just isn't as important to US news media as the failures of governance on display in the US at the moment.
Pretty much. In the US at least we have bigger (to us) things right now to be thinking about so we're being self-centered. Perhaps it's different in other countries' media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSxo View Post
Same, and I already said so to OP in another thread. Guess that wasn't enough.

Anyway, OP's own comments make it clear this news isn't being "ignored" whatsoever, so...

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 11:51 AM
SAS Member

A number of the outlets I usually go to have covered it. I don't know if the Dem/GOP bias of outlets play that big of a role in this particular thing, maybe it does, but generally if it's a large for-profit news outlet there are certain issues that won't get much coverage regardless of how important it is due to the fact that certain topics don't bring in enough views to financially justify giving it a lot of coverage, and for US audiences international news doesn't bring in the high ratings unless it's an active war we're involved in.

It's similar to how liberal outlets like CNN and MSNBC rarely cover the topic of climate change even though it's extremely important. Among other factors (like blatant corporate funding influence) a major one is the fact that people aren't interested in watching long segments about climate science, it's boring, the average person turns on the news after work partially to be entertained, and unfortunately things like climate change and international news is going to be put on the back-burner when there are other more sensational things constantly happening, ironically Trump himself is often the source of the sensational news coverage that inevitably buries any chance of international news like this from getting through.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 01:22 PM
SAS Member

I'm not sure if it is significant, honestly.

It's no secret that the "UAE-SA-Bahrain" are allied with Israel against Iran.

It's clearly something most Arab leaders want anyway, but are just afraid of backlash. (Though I think the people themselves care less too anyway).

---

I would've been more surprised honestly if Trump was able to mend the relations between Qatar and the UAE-SA, lol. Even though that would've been an even less eye-catching headline.

لا خيرَ في كثيرٍ من نجواهُم
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-20-2020, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
My local TV has OAN (which seems to be like FOX), CNN and ABC. So that's where I draw reference from.

When the Treaty happened it was live on all 3, but only OAN carried the whole thing, CNN and ABC cut it off when one of the Trump Aides started complimenting the president. Then for the rest of the day CNN and ABC only mentioned it in passing commentary or a bulletin at the bottom of the screen .....whereas OAN carried the full story live , and continued to play segments from it all day.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-20-2020, 02:59 AM
Pesky Pessimist

Mega news outlets are for profit. So they will only focus on news that draws interest and entertainment value for others. Peace treaties in general are boring news. Especially for that of foreign countries. People and audience generally are only more drawn to things that matters to themselves that they deem are more immediate. Inter-foreign peace treaties fulfills none of that.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-20-2020, 05:08 AM
Hufflepuff

My Mood: Lurking
>Peace
>Middle East

Embrace tradition, return to monke
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-24-2020, 03:42 PM
Is that what day it is?

My Mood: Dead
Quote:
you follow good places.

It doesn't suit a specific narrative some media corporations have crafted, plain and simple. That's why there's a blackout if you follow only surface level news orgs, foxnews, CNN, ect.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-24-2020, 03:43 PM
Is that what day it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
>Peace
>Middle East

Your opinion isn't appreciated and the lack of good will costs lives.

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 03:17 PM
Hufflepuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
you follow good places.

It doesn't suit a specific narrative some media corporations have crafted, plain and simple. That's why there's a blackout if you follow only surface level news orgs, foxnews, CNN, ect.
Again with the dog whistles, which "specific narrative"? Who's doing this, "them" or (((them)))?

Quote:
Your opinion isn't appreciated and the lack of good will costs lives.
That's just my opinion, man

Play stupid games (religion and conservatism) win stupid prices (death and suffering)

Pardon my lack of empathy on the subject. Where's the religion, there's the problem. Go ahead and sign peace treaties, the religion is still going to be there on the region and the suffering will continue, only this time it's "okay" among the eyes of the people, because "technically it's not war" and all the cultures beautiful etc.

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 03:21 PM
Is that what day it is?

Quote:
Again with the dog whistles, which "specific narrative"? Who's doing this, "them" or (((them)))?
What dog whistles? I named several state funded news organizations read twice I guess.

Quote:
That's just my opinion, man

Play stupid games (religion and conservatism) win stupid prices (death and suffering)

Pardon my lack of empathy on the subject. Where's the religion, there's the problem. Go ahead and sign peace treaties, the religion is still going to be there on the region and the suffering will continue, only this time it's "okay" among the eyes of the people, because "technically it's not war" and all the cultures beautiful etc.
Are you prejudiced against islam?

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 03:29 PM
⚰️👻

Talk of peace is not dramatic, people are drama junkies : /

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 04:08 PM
Hufflepuff

Quote:
What dog whistles? I named several state funded news organizations read twice I guess.
The word "state" is always a bit confusing to me when talking about the USA, so I googled the state funded news, we are specifically talking about public-sector media?;

Quote:
State media is not to be confused with public-sector media (state-funded), which is "funded directly or indirectly by the state or government but over which the state does not have tight editorial control."
So this "specific narrative" is designed by the USA government (these medias go beyond the States) and what the SPECIFIC NARRATIVE is then?

You might be on to something here, I literally couldn't find how or who funds CNN and FOX

Quote:
Are you prejudiced against islam?
Is Islam a religion or not?

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 07:57 PM
Is that what day it is?

Quote:
The word "state" is always a bit confusing to me when talking about the USA, so I googled the state funded news, we are specifically talking about public-sector media?;
After 911 there were news agencies that became funded federally, not by state. That is a turn of phrase. The purpose of it was propaganda and indoctrination, that's no secret by now. No more a secret than the patriot act if you care to read about it.

Quote:
So this "specific narrative" is designed by the USA government (these medias go beyond the States) and what the SPECIFIC NARRATIVE is then?

You might be on to something here, I literally couldn't find how or who funds CNN and FOX

Is Islam a religion or not?
I often ask myself why country X isn't minding it's own ****ing business and taking care ofitself rather than rallying around some thing happening in the united states. IE the BLM movement. That happened all over european nations regardless of rationality.

You would have to be prejudice specifically against islam to use the religion argument because every nation has religion. Why isn't finland in flames because they're protestant?

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 09:52 PM
Hufflepuff

Quote:
After 911 there were news agencies that became funded federally, not by state. That is a turn of phrase. The purpose of it was propaganda and indoctrination, that's no secret by now. No more a secret than the patriot act if you care to read about it.
Well the things that the patriot act enables and how it works in practice, IS a secret, isn't it? I'm just calling out your theory of this "specific narrative" which doesn't sound specific at all, just bunch of conspiracy theories and an assumption that these medias are definitely working on that same (specific) narrative implemented by the government in order to continue the government's (specific?) schemes.

Peace treaties didn't happen is what government wants you to think? I'm not getting this, why the government is doing peace treaties in the first place, if they just want the oil/sell weapons and make the public believe war is needed? This NONSPECIFIC THEORY would make more sense if it was the oil/weaponry corporations funding the media and not the government who is negotiating peace treaties.

Quote:
I often ask myself why country X isn't minding it's own ****ing business and taking care ofitself rather than rallying around some thing happening in the united states. IE the BLM movement. That happened all over european nations regardless of rationality.
USA is like the cultural flagship of the west, so of course what happens in the USA is seen and repeated all over the west. BLM is a huge trend celebrated on all parts of the popular culture (created and led by USA) and of course everyone wants to be part of it and be hip. (Unlike enlighten and redpilled you and me who don't care about that mainstream crap! Burn, loot and murder am I right??? We're SO above the sheeples)

This is not a cliche at all;

Quote:
Why isn't finland in flames because they're protestant?
It would totally be in flames if the importance of religion for people was higher and religion would have gained more political power originally

Even the amount of "Christianity" Finland ever had was forced upon us and "practiced" only by force and fear, hence not becoming anything natural for the whole society and culture. Many people adopted the Christianity "on paper", but actually kept secretly practicing paganism and other magic and mixing it with Christianity as much possible, like Yule (English speaking countries converted the name into "Christmas" to have at least some relation to christianity )

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-26-2020, 05:47 AM
Is that what day it is?

Quote:
Well the things that the patriot act enables and how it works in practice, IS a secret, isn't it? I'm just calling out your theory of this "specific narrative" which doesn't sound specific at all, just bunch of conspiracy theories and an assumption that these medias are definitely working on that same (specific) narrative implemented by the government in order to continue the government's (specific?) schemes.

Peace treaties didn't happen is what government wants you to think? I'm not getting this, why the government is doing peace treaties in the first place, if they just want the oil/sell weapons and make the public believe war is needed? This NONSPECIFIC THEORY would make more sense if it was the oil/weaponry corporations funding the media and not the government who is negotiating peace treaties.
It's highly specific, just because you can't be bothered to do your research isn't my problem. The manner in which the patriot act operates was exposed by Snowden and Jullian Assange. There's so much information to read about it you could spend a good few months reading on it's functions. The problem is no one listens and these people are branded as traitors to the nation in our national news outlets which are federally funded. The purpose of federally funding the people that give most Americans it's information is kind of obvious the more I talk isn't it?

Quote:
USA is like the cultural flagship of the west,
thanks for answering your own question
Quote:
so of course what happens in the USA is seen and repeated all over the west. BLM is a huge trend celebrated on all parts of the popular culture (created and led by USA) and of course everyone wants to be part of it and be hip. (Unlike enlighten and redpilled you and me who don't care about that mainstream crap! Burn, loot and murder am I right??? We're SO above the sheeples)
redpilled what? you're so indoctrinated you aren't even capable of a civil conversation without name calling or shutting down people by using nonsensical accusations.

Quote:
This is not a cliche at all;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM

It would totally be in flames if the importance of religion for people was higher and religion would have gained more political power originally

Even the amount of "Christianity" Finland ever had was forced upon us and "practiced" only by force and fear, hence not becoming anything natural for the whole society and culture. Many people adopted the Christianity "on paper", but actually kept secretly practicing paganism and other magic and mixing it with Christianity as much possible, like Yule (English speaking countries converted the name into "Christmas" to have at least some relation to christianity )
So looking at that map, you're telling me Paraguay, the Philippines, Western Sahara, Nepal and Morocco is in complete flames?

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-26-2020, 06:18 AM

My Mood: Relaxed
Thread warning. OK guys. Remember to debate the topic and not attack one another personally. I'm letting this thread go without deleting anything but I'm asking you to tone it down.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page