What the Rats is wrong with You guys and your obsesssion with warfare ? Why instigate ? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 04:26 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Aggressive

What the Rats is wrong with You guys and your obsesssion with warfare ? Why instigate ?

You know ...I'm very conservative in my thinking but somethings about the USA's brand of conservatism that I have never understood is their love for warfare !

Liberal perspective

FOX NEWS

At least Tucker, even if he is a conservative reporter, recognizes how dangerous and irresponsible this is...

Why do politicians like putting people in danger for their p1**ing contests and bruised egos !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 04:36 AM
'functioning' psycho

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
For some reason starting a war helps with getting reelected in the US.

Also the warmongering isn't exactly a conservative thing so much as an ongoing feature of establishment politics in the US.

Lucy's bitten
Neck is bleeding bad
The teeth have long departed
Yet the desire burns strong
On in desire for destruction
One on which she'll depend
One that ceases to deepen
Too near bitter end

Black through the mountains
She turns her loosening ring
Guardian angel sings
"I think you've lost your wings, but you're still yours
You're still yours, you're still yours"

post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 04:48 AM
Packing My Bags

I think a lot of the more traditional and conservative culture of the U.S holds great pride in dominance and power. Probably due to many of the baby boomers and older generation having gone through more wars. And many of these generations are more swayed towards a conservative politically. For Trump where he is aiming for these voter-based, he has to dwell on showing more warfare and military dominance. Something where it be less and less appreciated with the upcoming younger generations.

Probably a good reason we see on TV channels that cater more to the older demography. Where many of their shows are with law enforcement and seeking justice and striking back against the bad guys and criminals. Those channels have like dozens spinoffs of shows like Law and Order, CSI, or what not. Why the channels that cater to retirees are mostly shows that involves law enforcement as well like Walker Texas Ranger and stuff.

^^^ Gibberish ^^^

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 05:08 AM
'functioning' psycho

'isn't it pathetic'

yes Trump, you are incredibly pathetic.

Lucy's bitten
Neck is bleeding bad
Too near bitter end

Guardian angel sings

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Aggressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QdBPP7nMfI

'isn't it pathetic'

yes Trump, you are incredibly pathetic.
Ah Jeez ! The thing is...even if Trump himself didn't want it...I am sure that are many military advisors and war profiteers who pushed him towards this...

I just don't understand how people can be so cruel, and thoughtless...it's been just over 100 years since the first World War ....most World War II veterans are aged now...we are supposed to be moving towards better things. But there seems to be some people who cannot sleep well at night unless there is war.

If the military is so bored why don't they go do more humanitarian work !!!??

Why don't they send more troops to the Mexican border, if they dunno what to do with the,

Why doesn't the military go re-enforce the local police if..they feel like they out of "field practice"

And stop instigating international conflict !!
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 09:38 AM
Permanently Banned

Republicans can start wars. But don't fight in them. They look like tough guys. But they are cowards. They appeal to scared hillbilleys that need direction life.

Imposter tough guys leading the desperate minds.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 09:56 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I am not American... But I think a big reason is because you can keep it far from home. The U.S. (and North America, really) are geographically advantaged and squashed between two oceans. We do not share borders with many countries and it is relatively harder to reach us.

9/11 was a big thing but airstrikes and civilian deaths happen all the time in the middle east, committed or fueled by western forces, and no one is outraged about that. Clearly, the destruction that happens on the other side of the globe does not matter here, and does not affect the majority (if any) of the populace.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 10:22 AM
Permanently Banned

Conservatives don't want you to see this.

Quote:
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 10:23 AM
SAS Member

Todays US conservatism is a b***ardized version of a b***rdized version of a form of conservatism that existed back in the 60s but not today.

Imagine thinking that Trump, Bush, and Reagan are seamless lines leading back to William F Buckley.

post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 10:36 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIncymon View Post
You know ...I'm very conservative in my thinking but somethings about the USA's brand of conservatism that I have never understood is their love for warfare !

At least Tucker, even if he is a conservative reporter, recognizes how dangerous and irresponsible this is...

Why do politicians like putting people in danger for their p1**ing contests and bruised egos !!
I think from a conservative point of view, war is a business. It's an economy upon itself that keeps themselves and US citizens employed. From a conservative-politics point of view war is a deterrent that they believe is necessary for peace...or necessary for balance in the world. It's their answer to the perpetual oxymoron of life: war leads to peacetime, just like peacetime leads to war.

I think everything else (the oil money, the greed, the land grab, the regime change) is just the tendencies of corruption and power, and I don't think they stick to any political ideology.

"I might be great tomorrow, but hopeless yesterday"
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 01:33 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIncymon View Post

I praise Carlson any time he puts out an anti-war opinion since he's one of the very few on tv that does, but I can't give him too much credit, his career has been centered around xenophobic rhetoric and fearmongering about non-Americans, specifically non-white non-Americans, so to the average Republican this decision of Trump's was warranted because FOX News has spent the last 20 years talking about how dangerous foreign people are and how an attack is always around the corner, but here Carlson gets to look like the sane person on tv despite the fact that he's contributed to this plenty over the years.
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 04:17 PM
Permanently Banned

This is what tough guys gets. Who likes a nuclear war?

Quote:
Breaking News: Iran says it is ending all its commitments to the 2015 nuclear deal and will no longer limit uranium enrichment

Iran’s nuclear program ‘will have no limitations in production.’
Iran’s government said it was no longer abiding by a commitment it made under the 2015 nuclear deal and it would not limit its enrichment of uranium.

The decision to lift all restrictions on the production of nuclear fuel meant the effective end of the nuclear deal, experts said, though Iran left open the possibility that it will return to the limits if sanctions are lifted.

“It’s finished. If there’s no limitation on production, then there is no deal,” said David Albright, president of the Institute for Science and International Security, a nonprofit in Washington.

The announcement came after Iran’s National Security Council held an emergency meeting on Sunday to discuss the country’s nuclear policy in the aftermath of Maj. Gen. Qassim Soleimani’s assassination.

The statement said: “The Islamic Republic of Iran will end its final limitations in the nuclear deal, meaning the limitation in the number of centrifuges. Therefore Iran’s nuclear program will have no limitations in production including enrichment capacity and percentage and number of enriched uranium and research and expansion.”

But the government said Iran would continue its cooperation with International Atomic Agency.

The announcement followed several steps by Iran to move away from the terms of the agreement, nearly two years after President Trump withdrew the United States from the deal. Since that renunciation, the Trump administration has imposed severe sanctions aimed at crippling Iran’s economy.

The nuclear agreement had ended many economic sanctions on Iran in return for its verifiable pledge to use nuclear power peacefully. The European parties to the deal, including Britain, France and Germany, had struggled to preserve the agreement amid rising tensions between Washington and Tehran.

Iran’s statement Sunday did not include details about its enrichment ambitions. And the country did not say it was expelling the inspectors who monitor its nuclear program. Iran’s foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, tweeted:

Mark Fitzpatrick, a nuclear expert on Iran and associate fellow at the International Institute for Strategic Studies, wrote on Twitter that the announcement was “ambiguous,” with room for “both negotiation and escalation.”

Iraq’s Parliament votes to oust U.S. coalition troops.
Iraqi lawmakers voted 170-0 on Sunday in favor of expelling American troops from their country, just days after a United States drone strike killed the leader of Iran’s elite Quds Force on Iraqi soil.

The vote was not final and many lawmakers did not attend the session. But Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi drafted the language and submitted the bill to Parliament, leaving little doubt about his support.

The drone strike that killed the leader of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps Quds Force, Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, at the Baghdad airport on Friday also killed Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the deputy head of the Iraqi Popular Mobilization Forces, a coalition of Iranian-backed militias.

The attack was viewed in Iraq as a violation of the nation’s sovereignty, and the country’s Foreign Ministry said on Sunday that it had summoned the American ambassador in Baghdad.

Iraq’s Parliament was divided over demands from angry citizens to expel American troops. Many of its 328 members, primarily Kurds and Sunnis, did not attend Sunday’s session and did not vote. In his speech to lawmakers, Mr. Mahdi laid out two possibilities: to either quickly end the presence of foreign forces in Iraq, or to set a timeline for that expulsion.

The measure approved by the Parliament did not include a timeline, and only instructed the government to end the presence of foreign forces in Iraq. Officials said no decision had been made about whether any American troops would be able to stay, or under what conditions.

Iranian officials reacted to the vote with congratulatory messages and said General Soleimani’s death had delivered a huge victory over the United States.

Hesameddin Ashena, a top adviser to President Hassan Rouhani, in a Twitter post, said: “Expanding friendship with our neighbors and domestic unity are the best gifts for protecting our national security. America and Israel are the only winners of a rift between neighbors.”

Asked about the vote on Sunday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that the United States would continue to battle the Islamic State. “It is the United States that is prepared to help the Iraqi people get what it is they deserve and continue our mission there to take down terrorism from ISIS and others in the region,” he said in an interview on the CBS program “Face the Nation.”

If American forces leave the country, European Union and coalition forces will likely have to follow, because they rely on the American logistics and intelligence resources to protect their forces and the civilians that work with them. NATO has already announced the suspension of its training mission for Iraqi forces.

American allies fear an assassination’s consequences.
From Israel to Saudi Arabia, the United States’ allies in the Middle East have long warned Washington about Iran’s campaigns in the region — many of them masterminded by General Suleimani.

But with scant exception, their response to his killing has been silence.

Iran has built close ties with the government of Syria and armed groups in Gaza, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Yemen. That puts many Iranian partners within firing range of American allies like Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

For many of them, the wisest course of action over the weekend seemed to be to say nothing.

“Saudi Arabia and all the gulf countries are just quiet,” said Khalid al-Dakhil, a political sociologist in Saudi Arabia. “They don’t want to antagonize the Iranians, because the situation in the region is so delicate, so divided, so sensitive, that you don’t want to stir it up further.”

The spread of Iran’s network means that it could rely on allied forces to strike — for instance at Saudi oil facilities, just across the Persian Gulf — while giving Tehran a way to deny responsibility.

And many officials in the Middle East are concerned about the degree of support they can expect from Mr. Trump should they become targets of Iranian retaliation, cyberattack or sabotage. Prince Khalid bin Salman, the Saudi deputy defense minister, flew to Washington this weekend to meet with American officials.

In Iraq, pro-Iranian militias pose a powerful threat to groups that prefer the United States.

In Lebanon, American allies kept quiet to avoid Hezbollah, a major political party and the country’s strongest military force.

And even in Israel, celebrations were muted, with officials wanting to avoid any suggestion of involvement in the killing.

“The entire region is on edge, as we are in unchartered territory,” said Taufiq Rahim, a senior fellow at the foundation New America who works in the Persian Gulf. “There is no way to be ready for what comes next, because anything could be a target.”

U.S.-led coalition suspends its fight against ISIS.
The American-led coalition in Iraq and Syria said on Sunday that it was pausing its yearslong mission of attacking the Islamic State and training local forces in both countries as United States forces braced for retaliation from Iran over the killing of its top military commander.

A statement from the American command pointed to recent attacks on Iraqi and American bases, one of which killed an American contractor last month. “We have therefore paused these activities, subject to continuous review,” it said of the fight against ISIS.

After the killing last week of the commander, Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani — who was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of troops over the years — the approximately 5,200 troops in Iraq and several hundred in Syria are focused on fortifying their outposts.

The assassination of General Suleimani removed the leader of one of the Islamic State’s most effective opponents. He had been responsible for building up the alliance of Iran-backed militias that played a significant role in driving the militants out of their strongholds in Syria and Iraq.

Also on Sunday, Islamic State militants attacked Iraqi security forces near the northern city of Kirkuk, killing two Iraqi soldiers and injuring another, the Iraqi Joint Command said.

Trump and Pompeo say U.S. could attack Iran directly.
Echoing President Trump’s remarks the day before, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo warned on Sunday that the United States could attack Iran itself if leaders there took hostile actions against American interests in the aftermath of the drone strike that killed a top general.

“I’ve been part of the discussion and planning process — everything I’ve seen about how we will respond with great force and great vigor if the Iranian leadership makes a bad decision,” Mr. Pompeo said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “We hope that they won’t, but when they do, America will respond.”

In appearances on five television news shows on Sunday morning, Mr. Pompeo underscored Mr. Trump’s message the previous day that the United States had chosen sites to attack within Iran if Tehran ordered assaults on American assets or citizens in retaliation for a drone strike that killed General Suleimani in Baghdad.

post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 08:56 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Has everybody calmed down yet?

Trump nailed him because he had the opportunity - what in the world was the guy doing in Iraq when he wasn't supposed to be there?!?!?!?! Apparently, it's coming out now that this was planned as early as last summer after the Saudi oil area was targeted. It was going to be one attack after another from Soleimani.

Now Iran is on watch from us and they know it.

It's interesting how people are favoring Iran when they don't even know what is going on over there. Has anybody seen the anti-IRG protests going on now?! Soleimani wasn't as well liked as the media portrayed him and they won't even cover these protests - that Obama ignored!

President Trump's tweet in Farsi expressing support for Iranians protesting Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has already earned over 200,000 likes, making it the "most liked Persian tweet" in the social media giant's history, according to a leading think tank adviser.

On Saturday, protesters in the country called upon Khamenei to step down after Iran admitted to shooting down a commercial airliner on which dozens of Iranian citizens were traveling. That evening, the president sent out a tweet in Farsi, saying that he stands with their efforts.
“To the brave and suffering Iranian people: I have stood with you since the beginning of my presidency and my government will continue to stand with you. We are following your protests closely. Your courage is inspiring,” Trump wrote.
به مردم شجاع و رنج کشیده ایران: من از ابتدای دوره ریاست جمهوریم با شما ایستاده*ام و دولت من همچنان با شما خواهد ایستاد. ما اعتراضات شما را از نزدیک دنبال می کنیم. شجاعت شما الهام بخش است.
— Donald J. Trump @Realdonaldtrump ) January 11, 2020

After just one hour, the tweet had received over 100,000 likes and has since more than doubled that number.
"This tweet by @Realdonaldtrump with more than 100k likes is already the most liked Persian tweet in the history of Twitter," Saeed Ghasseminejad, senior adviser and financial economist at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, claimed. "A strong show of support by Iranians for Trump's Iran policy, something the MSM does not and will not report."
This tweet by [COLOR=#007bff @Realdonaldtrump [/COLOR] with more than 100k likes is already the most liked Persian tweet in the history of Twitter. A strong show of support by Iranians for Trump's Iran policy, something the MSM does not and will not report. https://t.co/4tZ0IgDZmx
— Saeed Ghasseminejad (@SGhasseminejad) January 11, 2020

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 09:09 AM
'functioning' psycho

As I implied in another recent post I made with quotes the US and UK have been ****ing around in Iran when it's none of their business using dumbass scapegoats like 'communism' trying to exert power to make themselves look big and secure access to resources/oil for way too long.

They need to stop furthering their own selfish interests, and Saudi Arabia's interests, and Israel's interests and **** off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
Has everybody calmed down yet?
Lol have the US stopped pulling this ****? Then nope.

lol.. Also Realdonaldtrump is an account name on this forum?

https://www.socialanxietysupport.com...dtrump-689050/

of course.....

Lucy's bitten
Neck is bleeding bad
Too near bitter end

Guardian angel sings

post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 10:50 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
As I implied in another recent post I made with quotes the US and UK have been ****ing around in Iran when it's none of their business using dumbass scapegoats like 'communism' trying to exert power to make themselves look big and secure access to resources/oil for way too long.

They need to stop furthering their own selfish interests, and Saudi Arabia's interests, and Israel's interests and **** off.

Lol have the US stopped pulling this ****? Then nope.

lol.. Also Realdonaldtrump is an account name on this forum?

https://www.socialanxietysupport.com...dtrump-689050/

of course.....
It became our business the moment he went after Americans. The Baghdad embassy was only the latest in a string of attacks against Americans. Action was taken. Our President has repeatedly said he does not want war. Everything else is media hysteria.

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 11:00 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
They spend $600 billion on a war machine, they need to kill something to justify it : /

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 11:29 AM
'functioning' psycho

Quote:
It became our business the moment he went after Americans. The Baghdad embassy was only the latest in a string of attacks against Americans. Action was taken. Our President has repeatedly said he does not want war. Everything else is media hysteria.
Your president is a puppet.

https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/statu...35857885327360

Quote:
It is also long-overdue justice for our Israeli allies who have suffered decades of terrorism at the hands of Hezbollah terrorists commanded by his IRGC Quds Force.
https://twitter.com/SecPompeo/status...20252417748992

Quote:
We discussed how #Iran is leveraging its foothold in Syria to threaten Israel and its neighbors. The Prime Minister
@netanyahu noted that Israel would strike IRGC targets threatening Israel, wherever they are located.
https://twitter.com/SecPompeo/status...02923034079232

Quote:
Iran uses its terrorist proxy Palestinian Islamic Jihad to strike our great ally Israel. Iran does not want peace in the region. It does not want the Palestinian people to prosper. It wants more conflict. Until we address Iran’s threats, the cycle of violence will continue.

Lucy's bitten
Neck is bleeding bad
Too near bitter end

Guardian angel sings

post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 11:33 AM
'functioning' psycho

Let's post this again

"I'm more militant and militaristic than the president [Obama], I believe in strength."

Lucy's bitten
Neck is bleeding bad
Too near bitter end

Guardian angel sings

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 11:48 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Let's post this again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QdBPP7nMfI

"I'm more militant and militaristic than the president [Obama], I believe in strength."
He's not a puppet like Obama was. The fruit of Obama's labor is in The Squad. That was what he was after the whole time.

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 11:51 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
He's not a puppet like Obama was. The fruit of Obama's labor is in The Squad. That was what he was after the whole time.
How does that make any sense at all? Try to make sense of that nonsensical statement.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page