The Democratic party is an overflowing circus toilet of a party. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

The Democratic party is an overflowing circus toilet of a party.

Sure the GOP is worse but that's to be expected, they outright say they're beholden to corporations, but the Dem party's actions are always the opposite of their 'working class' rhetoric.

Anyway, a few days ago 186/233 Dems voted for the massive military budget increase, only 41 Dems voted against.

Let's put Dem capitulation in perspective:

1. The Afghanistan Papers were released over a week ago revealing massive fraud, mismanagement, lies, and that our war in Afghanistan is unwinnable and needs to end asap, it's basically our Vietnam (and btw only a handful of Dems have mentioned having a Hearing over it) Yet most Dems just decided to help fund that war along w/ all of our other illegal and endless wars (also Trump's Space Force was included in the budget )

2. They're trying to impeach him, yet they're helping him pass all the legislation he wants demanding little compromise, including fast-tracking all of his federal judge picks (I don't mean the Supreme Court, I mean all his judge picks around the country), they are all right-wing corporate judges who now have lifetime positions. Decades of Trump-picked right-wing control in our courts.

3. Every day it's Dems complaining about how Trump is such a danger to the world, how he's an illegitimate Commander in Chief, and also that he's a Russian asset, yet they just handed him a $738 Billion check to use as Commander in Chief and also apparently as a Russian asset. Nice!

We have one party in this country, not two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 04:48 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
I'm sorry but Bernie Sanders is not going to be able to do the things he says he will even if he gets elected. Even if he means what he says and tries to do what he promises, the establishment is not going to let him. They will fight tooth and nail and anything he tries to do will get twisted exactly the way Obamacare did. These people are not going to let go of the power they have.

/WYSD
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
I'm sorry but Bernie Sanders is not going to be able to do the things he says he will even if he gets elected. Even if he means what he says and tries to do what he promises, the establishment is not going to let him. They will fight tooth and nail and anything he tries to do will get twisted exactly the way Obamacare did. These people are not going to let go of the power they have.
Yeah I'm not expecting any of his major policies to get passed in any significant form, and I know the media and both parties would immediately try to demonize him from the start if he were elected.

2016 really lowered my expectations for our political process, especially regarding the Dem party, 2020 is probably the last time I'll be investing myself in all of this, especially presidential races, if I keep following electoral politics it's going to mostly be focused on local level stuff because local politics isn't usually a lost cause and it also affects a community in a much bigger way than a President can. Anyway he can still get some stuff done via executive order (for example from what I understand a potus can cancel all student debt thru an EO on the first day if he/she wanted) but more importantly imo he can also assist in things outside of the electoral process that can't be immediately reversed by the next president thru executive orders.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 03:58 AM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
A preemptive strike on why Bernie will fail in the White House. Not because of his pie in the sky promises but because of the media and 'the establishment'. I guess Bernie bros know Hillary won't be around to scapegoat her on Bernie's failures.

TRE45ON

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist.- America's heroine Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

All roads with you lead to Putin.- Pelosi to trump on his treason

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
A preemptive strike on why Bernie will fail in the White House. Not because of his pie in the sky promises but because of the media and 'the establishment'. I guess Bernie bros know Hillary won't be around to scapegoat her on Bernie's failures.
"Bernie Bros"? Is this 2016?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 02:02 PM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeclub View Post
"Bernie Bros"? Is this 2016?
The main problem with Bernie are his supporters. Even he has warned them twice. Like I said, not much difference between the trump and Bernie cults.

TRE45ON

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist.- America's heroine Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

All roads with you lead to Putin.- Pelosi to trump on his treason

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Russia-gate/Ukraine-gate didn't hurt Trump, and the impeachment is helping him in the polls, and this shouldn't be a surprise, we learned years ago that exposing Trump's criminality won't hurt his support at all.

Dems can hurt his support by exposing how he's hurting his supporters, poverty/homelessness are on the rise including in red states, they can reference the data and then expose the barbaric decision to kick hundreds of thousand of people off of food stamps at a time like this (that number doesn't include the children of those people) and that would be exposing a betrayal, but the Dem leadership can't do that, because they're complicit in that decision.

They can't oppose because they're complicit, it's symbolic opposition, and the impeachment was a symbolic "defeat" that won't actually help any struggling people, which means they aren't gaining any votes that the party desperately needs for 2020. Dem leadership is either incompetent or they're controlled opposition, neither are acceptable.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2019, 02:02 AM
Packing My Bags

Quote:
Dems can hurt his support by exposing how he's hurting his supporters, poverty/homelessness are on the rise including in red states, they can reference the data and then expose the barbaric decision to kick hundreds of thousand of people off of food stamps at a time like this (that number doesn't include the children of those people) and that would be exposing a betrayal, but the Dem leadership can't do that, because they're complicit in that decision.

If many of the red state conservative voters are capable of stopping and just look and read into facts they tells them everything they believed were false, Trump would've have been voted in as president in the first place. Most of them vote more to "stick it to their opposers" not in what they really think is right and good for themselves. They vote by supplementing their own ego. Exposing facts like this will not work with most of the conservative voter base.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

If I fail to adapt to the fault of others, it is my fault.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2019, 10:23 AM
SAS Member

I'm not too sure about Bernie (I think he's kind of old), but if a candidate is going to win and actually produce changes he/she must first make the public believe that undoing the establishment is not only possible but imminent.

The public is already defeated, lethargic, drugged, overworked, under-utilized, and brainwashed. So it's a really tough task to get anyone to believe. Bernie seems to have lots of support though. That voting public has to come through for him, and put him in office no matter what--even if they have to storm the bastille...er...white house.

"I might be great tomorrow, but hopeless yesterday"
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2019, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggers View Post
Even if he means what he says and tries to do what he promises, the establishment is not going to let him.
Yeah, I'm pretty much voting for a president based off of what they won't do, like off the top of my head among the candidates that have a chance Bernie is the least likely to facilitate the expansions of our wars including any new regime change wars, he's the least likely to quietly allow bad trade deals to happen including letting US corporations take over the UK's NHS, etc. things like that. He of course can't unilaterally keep these things from happening but he's the only candidate that is genuinely outraged by injustices and actually brings attention to them w/out worrying about what those in power think.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2020, 07:04 PM
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
The Democratic party is an overflowing circus toilet of a party.
Probably the only thing you've ever said that I agree with.

"We need a healthy economy and we shouldn't be embarrassed about our system. If you want to look at a system that is non-capitalistic, just take a look at what was perhaps the wealthiest country in the world and today people are starving to death. It's called Venezuela."

- Michael Bloomberg

--------------

“The media everywhere is mostly liberal.”

- Former CBS News Reporter Lara Logan
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2020, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis View Post
That's my opinion of the party specifically because it capitulates to the Republican party.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2020, 04:42 AM
Homicidal Furby 🔪

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Controlled opposition.

The wretched world we’re living in at present was not an unlucky war of fate; it was an economic and political decision made without consulting the enormous human population that it would most drastically affect. If we would have it otherwise, if we’d prefer a future that we can call home, then we must stop supporting — even passively — this ravenous, insatiable conservative agenda before it devours us with our kids as a dessert. - Alan Moore

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 09:52 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeclub View Post
That's my opinion of the party specifically because it capitulates to the Republican party.
The Republican Party is a plunger, ready to drain the nasty bowl.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page