September 11 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic

September 11

Nine minute and eleven minute video......

Think about New York City today!
Think about the Pentagon!
Think about Shanksville, Pennsylvania!
Think about the White House!

.....and then how it all began and our enduring resolve!

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 03:36 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
Also, think about Santiago, Chile; 1973.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 03:46 AM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Also think about how the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest ended, which was the Romans (empire) greatest defeat.

And My Chemical Romance because they formed because of that incident. This song is about it:

Also think about Twilight because a twitter comment I was reading recently suggested that Stephanie Meyer wouldn't have written it if not for MCR. We could have avoided Twilight and 50 shades of Grey. Tragic events.

Just imagine the fanfiction that could have turned into a book if not for these events.

I'm hoping My Immortal by Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way. Oh wait Way. Like Gerard Way. So maybe not that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Immortal_(fan_fiction)

(edit: never mind Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way is the character the author is XXXbloodyrists666XXX of course.)

The Room part 2(?) Probably not that film was a work of art. Nothing can be that accidentally genius.

Quote:
The author's identity has never been confirmed and has been deemed by many as "unsolvable". The author published the story under the username "XXXbloodyrists666XXX" and self-identified as Tara Gilesbie.
Was it Stephanie Meyer? Was it Tommy Wiseau? I bet it was him

Quote:
The protagonist of the story is Ebony[note 1] Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way, a seventeen-year-old vampire who attends Hogwarts (located in England instead of the original books' Scotland)
So we know they're American.

I've honestly never read this wikipedia article before, though obviously I've heard this referenced a bunch of times. spoilers

It should also be noted that Ebony herself attempts suicide by slitting her wrists several times throughout the story, but it seems to have no negative effects on her. After rescuing Draco from Voldemort, Ebony and her friends attend a My Chemical Romance concert in Hogsmeade. After some songs have been played, the concert ends abruptly when the members of My Chemical Romance reveal themselves to be Voldemort and his Death Eaters. Voldemort, who had been disguised as lead vocalist Gerard Way (the inspiration for Ebony's last name), proclaims his intent to kill Ebony and Draco for the former's failure to kill Vampire, but they are saved by Albus Dumbledore, who has just given himself a gothic makeover. The next day, Dumbledore gives a gothic makeover to the Hogwarts Great Hall as well, but Ebony feels that he is a poseur and dislikes him greatly, a sentiment shared by her friends.

Look what has come from this. Think the American government (among others,) needs to sit in the corner and think long and hard about what they've done.

"A third plot point sees Professor McGonagall (often referred to as "McGoogle" or "McGoggles")"

****ing dead.

(this is accidentally basically like a parody because it's shoved so many fanfic tropes into it. Like the gay rape thing.)

Yet another plot point follows Remus Lupin and Snape being bisexuals who spy on Ebony, at one point resulting in a moment shortly after Draco's "death" where they are sitting on their broomsticks with "Loopin masticating [sic]" to Ebony bathing, to which she responds with shooting them "a gazillion times". In addition, Hagrid is inexplicably a teenaged Hogwarts student who has a crush on Ebony, and who is also a Satanist.

Ebony begins having mysterious visions, to which she confronts Professor Sinister. After gazing into a black crystal ball, she is told she must travel back in time (using a pensieve) to stop Tom Riddle (referred to as "Tom Bombodil") from becoming Voldemort by seducing him, and to retrieve a cure for Sinister/Trevolry's addiction to "Volxemortserum". Arriving in the past, she meets the young Riddle, who calls himself "Satan", and who has been mistakenly referred to as "Tom Anderson", "Tom Bombadil", and "Stan". "Satan" is in a band with James Potter, Severus Snape, Sirius Black, and Lucius Malfoy. He is uncanonically depicted attending Hogwarts at the same time as the Marauders in what is further uncanonically portrayed as the 1980s. The author points out a few anachronisms in these scenes, telling readers to ignore them. There is also an unexplained cameo by a gothic Marty McFly, who gives Ebony a black DeLorean time machine able to transform into an iPod, allowing her to travel forward in time.

Eventually, Ebony brings "Satan" forward in time, where he morphs into the present-day Voldemort. This leads to a confrontation between the forces of good and evil in the Great Hall, in which professor Snape threatens to rape Draco if Ebony does not stab Harry/Vampire. The story ends ambiguously with a shootout between Snape and Draco, Snape summoning Voldemort, and Ebony firing off an Avada Kedavra curse, which is misrepresented as "abra kedabra".

She shoots them with a gun even though she has magic? :') The last paragraph reminds me of this tbh. (Also some video where Snape shoots Voldemort.)

Might be better than most Hollywood films these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 05:59 AM
Hufflepuff

My Mood: Lurking

C-c-c-combobreaker!!!

"The accurate story" "The real story" The truth about"

-Said the religious nut job

Yeah whatever Let me guess, nine minutes of utter nonsense?

The guy on the video talks about men and women who died defending the nation, yet USA does not even have defense forces, they have an army and only fighting they do is when they attack other countries around the world (for money).

I'm by no means anti-American, but this American "patriotism" is one of the most outrageous conspiracies requiring years and years of brainwashing, that there is, along with... wait a second, who was this Dudley again? Oh right... SICKENING!

Imagine if there was an organization telling YOU to

-Give them unconditional respect and honor
-Shame those who ask questions
-Donate money for them
-Vote them into government
-Fly to other side of the planet to kill people
-Sacrifice your life for their cause
-Tell other people to do the same thing

@millenniumman75

Could you explain to me how these concepts work in real life;

-Defending ones freedoms
-Serving ones country
-Tyrannical government

Is this a result of tyrannical government;

Hey Dudley doo, when are YOU going to defend your freedoms and serve your country? Oh you were busy? A renovation going on in your mansion? He looks kinda a guy who actually laughs on the way to bank

I wish I could believe that hell exists

Embrace tradition, return to monke
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 06:22 AM
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Pensive
I remember it well.

There was about a six week period after when everyone got along.

Look at us now.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 07:19 AM
SAS Member

It's crazy to think that the attacks are still killing people due to cancers and respiratory illnesses from exposure to the aftermath. A neighbor of mine growing up who was a NYC firefighter and helped out with the cleanup just died a few years ago because of it. The cancer death toll is expected to exceed that of the attack eventually.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 04:03 PM

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis View Post
I remember it well.

There was about a six week period after when everyone got along.

Look at us now.
To be honest with you, I never thought I'd miss GWB. And I really didn't like him. I still really don't like him. That says it all. I would still rather have him now than Trump.

As bad as the bickering was during the Bush years it was nowhere near this bad.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 04:04 PM
SAS Member

I can't say I like Dick Cheney more than Trump tbh.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqwsderf View Post
I can't say I like Dick Cheney more than Trump tbh.
Oh I didn't like him but I think we'd be better off with Bush. But I didn't like Obama either and I'd still rather have him.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 04:09 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Oh I didn't like him but I think we'd be better off with Bush. But I didn't like Obama either and I'd still rather have him.
He started the endless "war on terror" so I wouldn't go back to that
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 04:11 PM

And yeah. I remember 9/11 like it was yesterday. For some reason, I just vividly remember sitting in front of my computer at midnight thinking about how everything was probably gonna suck more after that no matter what. I wish I had been wrong.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqwsderf View Post
He started the endless "war on terror" so I wouldn't go back to that
Oh I'm feeling you on that. Believe me. I spent an unreasonable chunk of my life arguing with people about that (8 years is a long time to be poking keys at people who don't want to hear what you have to say). And then I spent 8 more years doing the same thing with Obama. I ruined my health with 16 years of screaming into the void on things that I couldn't change. And then when there finally was a chance to have something different, we got Trump. That was the wrong kind of something different, if you ask me.

I'm just saying if I had a choice between things staying messed up the way they were or getting messed up the way they are now, I guess I'd have to say that was preferable.....to this.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 04:33 PM
SAS Member

I was thinking about that the other day - absolutely awful. My son was still young and I went to Uni. My lecturer wasn't even remotely surprised it had happened, which struck me as slightly odd.

I just remember seeing people jumping out of the buildings to escape the fire and how horrifying that was.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 05:12 PM
SAS Member

Anyone who believes the 'official' version of events needs to question their own conditioning.

Then again very few question anything they've heard about coronavirus over MSM so I guess not a great deal has changed in 20 years.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 05:23 PM
drifting in mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post_Punk_Proclivity View Post
Anyone who believes the 'official' version of events needs to question their own conditioning.

Then again very few question anything they've heard about coronavirus over MSM so I guess not a great deal has changed in 20 years.
Oh god this makes me think what kind of bull**** would've been produced if Trump were president during 9/11. But who knows maybe it wouldn't be as bad as mass surveillance state and endless "war on terror".
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 07:22 AM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
^ Well I think the 'war on terror' as an external source is sort of on the backburner for now in the US, they've decided to scapegoat internal actors instead so we'll see where that goes presently. (Civil war I assume.) Depends on a bunch of factors though, will take a little while and won't happen before the election imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 10:53 AM
drifting in mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
^ Well I think the 'war on terror' as an external source is sort of on the backburner for now in the US, they've decided to scapegoat internal actors instead so we'll see where that goes presently. (Civil war I assume.) Depends on a bunch of factors though, will take a little while and won't happen before the election imo.
Maybe it's poetic justice that we take a break from invading and destroying other countries to implode our own for a little while.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 10:59 AM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
it was the shadow government. the illuminati. the reptilians.

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. ― Mother Teresa
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 01:50 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
To be honest with you, I never thought I'd miss GWB. And I really didn't like him. I still really don't like him. That says it all. I would still rather have him now than Trump.

As bad as the bickering was during the Bush years it was nowhere near this bad.
Bush and Trump (and even obama) are just points on the same downward slope. You can interchange them and they'd still create their own brand of damage relative to the depth of that slope. That said, Donald Trump, If I remember correctly, didn't go along with the official 9/11 narrative. He was pretty critical about what occurred.

"I might be great tomorrow, but hopeless yesterday"
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micronian View Post
Bush and Trump (and even obama) are just points on the same downward slope. You can interchange them and they'd still create their own brand of damage. That said, Donald Trump, If I remember correctly, didn't go along with the official 9/11 narrative. He was pretty critical about what occurred.
It took me a while but I eventually came to think that Trump really doesn't believe in anything and that he's just a narcissistic buffoon who gets off on hearing himself talk. Bush was kind of the same but not nearly as bad. And at least Bush's dad had half a clue and W would probably usually listen to him if he told him something.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page