Political Edition: Type What You're Thinking - Page 91 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1801 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 11:11 AM
SAS Member
 
Micronian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Gender: Male
Age: 41
Posts: 4,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1988 View Post
Ah- living in the past. It's also why everyone else in the world laughs at modern "liberals" when they call themselves "progressives" when in fact it's regressive. Your post helps prove that point.

To be fair, I don't believe conservatism is the answer. I believe that we should revert to EXTREMELY limited fed gov, with states rights being the main form of government. We have 50 states that each have their own identity and are protected by our constitution. We have career politicians that plan to derail that. It's why communism can't work here.

Sure places like Cuba love communism (lol jk- it's killed them as a nation), but it cannot work here.
Reducing government is a great thing to do, just as long as it can assure participation by all its citizens in its economic and social (health, schooling, charity, religion, etc.) decisions. If that doesn't happen, then a state government is no better than a federal government.

Cuba got "killed" as a nation, but they never really had a fair chance to "live". It's disappointing to know how many people are unaware of how many other nations (in economic terms: other real estate and productive land) never got the opportunity to utilize their lands and resources to benefit their own societies. They get pillaged by other bigger nations, and the US is clearly guilty of this with Cuba and all of latin america.

The US wants every nation in the western hemisphere to fall in line with their governance, and the reason has never changed since day one: because they want no other "power" to do the same thing that the US is already doing in Latin America. It's like those nations in Latin America don't really count. They are either prey to the US, or prey to some other "power". The thought of those nations making their own decisions, or making use of their natural resources in their own way, does not even come into the radar. For going its own way, Cuba has paid the price that the US waged on them. I think they've done pretty well, given their setbacks. The US, back in the day, were afraid Cuba would become another Haiti. That was their logic for invasion. I'm glad they've done better than Haiti. I could only imagine how much better they'd do if the US didn't cripple them, and if the US didn't have its own plan for latin america.

"I might be great tomorrow, but hopeless yesterday"
Micronian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1802 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 11:15 AM
SAS Member
 
AV1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 161
My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micronian View Post
Reducing government is a great thing to do, just as long as it can assure participation by all its citizens in its economic and social (health, schooling, charity, religion, etc.) decisions. If that doesn't happen, then a state government is no better than a federal government.

Cuba got "killed" as a nation, but they never really had a fair chance to "live". It's disappointing to know how many people are unaware of how many other nations (in economic terms: other real estate and productive land) never got the opportunity to utilize their lands and resources to benefit their own societies. They get pillaged by other bigger nations, and the US is clearly guilty of this with Cuba and all of latin america.

The US wants every nation in the western hemisphere to fall in line with their governance, and the reason has never changed since day one: because they want no other "power" to do the same thing that the US is already doing in Latin America. It's like those nations in Latin America don't really count. They are either prey to the US, or prey to some other "power". The thought of those nations making their own decisions, or making use of their natural resources in their own way, does not even come into the radar. For going its own way, Cuba has paid the price that the US waged on them. I think they've done pretty well, given their setbacks. The US, back in the day, were afraid Cuba would become another Haiti. That was their logic for invasion. I'm glad they've done better than Haiti. I could only imagine how much better they'd do if the US didn't cripple them, and if it didn't have its own plan for latin america.
Cuba, and other communist nations kill themselves. The Re-Education system is a major reason many fled the communist/oppressive state.

When a nation forces you to only learn about their political ideals from child-adult...it's very sad. The Soviet Union collapsed because freedom trumps politics.

Cuba is not a "sad" example. It's a real example of failure.

Let's talk about Venezuela.

Anxiety is the worst
AV1988 is offline  
post #1803 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 11:18 AM
Poorly Educated
 
Lonelyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Posts: 4,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Bloomberg struggles to not say 'bought them' awkward.

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/sta...88107099873281
That's pure gold. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that he stacked the audience during the last debate to make himself look good considering the cheers he got. How can anyone support that slimy little weasel? I wouldn't give that man a squirt of my own piss if he was dying from thirst.
Lonelyguy is offline  
 
post #1804 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 11:34 AM
Not like the other ducks
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 8800 blue lick road
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 41,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonelyguy View Post
That's pure gold. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that he stacked the audience during the last debate to make himself look good considering the cheers he got. How can anyone support that slimy little weasel? I wouldn't give that man a squirt of my own piss if he was dying from thirst.
I dunno if this is true but supposedly he had paid volunteers who were telling voters to vote for other candidates LOL.

Quote:
At one point, another organizer texted his friends, "Sam Donaldson just nailed it: Mike Bloomberg is the president we need to unite our country!" using the exact wording suggested by the Bloomberg campaign. He promptly followed up with a text reading, "Please disregard, vote Bernie or Warren."

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #1805 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 12:13 PM
Viva La Raza!
 
nubly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Surviving the trumpocalypse
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,841
My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1988 View Post
So you support red states and agree that giving welfare is holding our nation back and putting us in debt?

I agree with you completely. I think no states should receive federal aid. Federal aid should be for our military structure, and anything that impacts our nation as a whole- which is not much. The Fed should be extremely limited.

Good to know you're a libertarian/conservative!
No, that's a regressive stance conservatives take. I'm fine with conservatives mooching off the system.
nubly is offline  
post #1806 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 12:20 PM
SAS Member
 
AV1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 161
My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
No, that's a regressive stance conservatives take. I'm fine with conservatives mooching off the system.
Why are you contradicting yourself? You support eliminating the Federal government giving useless cash to states that generate their own money.

You and I agree.

You're a Libertarian! Welcome to the club, brother!

Anxiety is the worst
AV1988 is offline  
post #1807 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 12:32 PM
SAS Member
 
Micronian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Gender: Male
Age: 41
Posts: 4,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1988 View Post
When a nation forces you to only learn about their political ideals from child-adult...it's very sad.
You should be sad about your own education then.

Because education systems follow that same exact pattern of nation-building.

"I might be great tomorrow, but hopeless yesterday"
Micronian is offline  
post #1808 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 01:16 PM
SAS Member
 
AV1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 161
My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micronian View Post
You should be sad about your own education then.

Because education systems follow that same exact pattern of nation-building.
That's a very communist response. I see you have no idea how the United States work. There isn't a federal curriculum for one sided education like Cuba, Soviet Union, and Canada.

Schools can actually order books that have all sides of history.

That's exactly why communism and especially socialism, is such a failure.

Anxiety is the worst
AV1988 is offline  
post #1809 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 01:38 PM
Chonker
 
Musicfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Bloomberg struggles to not say 'bought them' awkward.

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/sta...88107099873281

It was so fake when some people cheered bloomberg during the last debate on TV, he thinks he can buy his way into popularity. I hope he drops out soon and we won't have to deal with his commercials anymore.

Don't let people treat you like dirt.
Musicfan is offline  
post #1810 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 02:55 PM
Hufflepuff
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 682
My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1988 View Post
That's a very communist response. I see you have no idea how the United States work. There isn't a federal curriculum for one sided education like Cuba, Soviet Union, and Canada.

Schools can actually order books that have all sides of history.
Throw some examples of school books with different sides of history and maybe schools that use them. Do you know cases of banned school books from other countries?
On the other thread you mentioned getting the best talent from the professors, implying the need for good education, but if there is no federal curriculum, how can you measure the talent of the professors and education, if they make their own standards? I guess again you would choose having the FREEDOM for teachers to teach the creation theory as a fact and the Hitler as a guy who was right, letting the American PISA test results plummet etc, just for the sake of glorious freedom.

Kinda find this difficult to come out without sounding anti-freedom authoritarian, of course I like freedom too, but I put the happiness of the people before it. What's the use of absolute freedom, if all the people are miserable? I've seen it in the movies, wild-west was a miserable place... How could the said legislation, and ideal of the country possibly be more important than well being of it's people?

Embrace tradition, return to monke
Beatnik is offline  
post #1811 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 03:49 PM
SAS Member
 
Micronian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Gender: Male
Age: 41
Posts: 4,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1988 View Post
That's a very communist response. I see you have no idea how the United States work. There isn't a federal curriculum for one sided education like Cuba, Soviet Union, and Canada.

Schools can actually order books that have all sides of history.

That's exactly why communism and especially socialism, is such a failure.
No, there are actually strict mandates to be followed in teacher training, administration training, and certification guidelines for schools that are very uniform throughout the nation. This is how schools are put in line, at least for public schools and colleges. It's also why a high school diploma is valid across different jurisdictions.

Unless someone goes to boarding school, or a specialized private institute, it's likely that everyone who took "economics 101" learned only about market-driven principles...as an example. There are others, like Law, English, etc. Public school teaches us to be citizens of our nation, not citizens of some other nation...that's ridiculous!

I hope you didn't go to public school, or as economists call it: public sector non-profits. Education (and the military, I'd say) are probably the most "communist" things there are...even in the most capitalist of nations. And there's nothing wrong one way or another. The wrong thing is going to extremes. One is not better than the other. This is what critical education...made proudly in the west...should teach us.

"I might be great tomorrow, but hopeless yesterday"
Micronian is offline  
post #1812 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
crimeclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 10,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1988 View Post
That's a very communist response. I see you have no idea how the United States work. There isn't a federal curriculum for one sided education like Cuba, Soviet Union, and Canada.

Schools can actually order books that have all sides of history.

That's exactly why communism and especially socialism, is such a failure.
Why do you keep trying to call him a communist, has he ever even remotely advocated to abolish currency, the class system, and private property? That's communism, a federal government doing stuff isn't communism, there's such a thing as anarcho-communism.
crimeclub is offline  
post #1813 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 05:34 PM
Viva La Raza!
 
nubly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Surviving the trumpocalypse
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,841
My Mood: Tired
I'm never understand the conservative mind. They spend so much time and energy making up these conspiracy theories and coming up with fake stories and trying to disrupt democratic processes instead of working on policies and ideas that can help the country, benefit real people and move things forward. They know they have nothing to offer anyone, yet they pretend like they should be in charge of the country. And for what? To lead us to tyranny? I hope November is the reckoning conservatives deserve and we can start moving this country back into the 21st Century.
nubly is offline  
post #1814 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 07:37 PM
SAS Member
 
millenniumman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Gender: Male
Age: 45
Posts: 154,243
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1988 View Post
I choose freedom. Socialism and Communism aren't freedoms. It limits them. So yes- I absolutely go with the founding fathers.
Doctors making less than minimum wage in Cuba is not freedom.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1988 View Post
Speaking of limiting freedoms. How about Bernie Sanders?
"The top....one puh-cent make moah money than the bottom 100 puh-cent. Medikay-uh for all. When Castro 'came into office', he had 100 puh-cent literacy and health cay-uh for all. He was my hero".



Quote:
Originally Posted by AV1988 View Post
No question. Many nations influence other elections. This is nothing new. Another sad truth.
The Grand Poobah of Iran is a mess. Raul Castro is a mess. Nicolas Maduro is a mess. We would probably support their opponents.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is offline  
post #1815 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 07:49 PM
SAS Member
 
millenniumman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Gender: Male
Age: 45
Posts: 154,243
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
I'm never understand the conservative mind. They spend so much time and energy making up these conspiracy theories and coming up with fake stories and trying to disrupt democratic processes instead of working on policies and ideas that can help the country, benefit real people and move things forward. They know they have nothing to offer anyone, yet they pretend like they should be in charge of the country. And for what? To lead us to tyranny? I hope November is the reckoning conservatives deserve and we can start moving this country back into the 21st Century.
Sir, you need to flip the viewpoints.


Folks, if you want the truth - flip conservatives and liberals around in that post because that's exactly what happened. Liberals have blamed Conservatives for doing things that Liberals did themselves!


You and your friends now openly mocking our President and Vice President and the Centers for Disease Control, hoping people in the United States die, praising China for releasing a virus that have killed over 2,800 people and sickened over 88,000. You can't let the Russia crap go and now you're screaming "let Coronavirus save our country"?.


That's sick.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is offline  
post #1816 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 07:51 PM
SAS Member
 
millenniumman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Gender: Male
Age: 45
Posts: 154,243
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeclub View Post
Why do you keep trying to call him a communist, has he ever even remotely advocated to abolish currency, the class system, and private property? That's communism, a federal government doing stuff isn't communism, there's such a thing as anarcho-communism.

Because Bernie's viewpoint is a doorway to Communism; it just does it more slowly.


It would morph itself into Bernie becoming a czar-like leader. Hmmm....when did we last hear the word "czar" in leadership? Obama?

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is offline  
post #1817 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
crimeclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 10,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
Because Bernie's viewpoint is a doorway to Communism; it just does it more slowly.


It would morph itself into Bernie becoming a czar-like leader. Hmmm....when did we last hear the word "czar" in leadership? Obama?
Explain that slow transition to me, Bernie would take our mild Social Democracy that we have now and make it a regular Social Democracy that exists in dozens of our allied countries, how do you go from that to Communism, because transitioning from a Capitalist economy to Communism doesn't just slowly happen, it usually takes a massive violent revolution enacted by a large percentage of the population. How do you go from providing healthcare and education to the people to an uprising that overthrows Capitalism?

You know what would lead to a revolution? A population that's denied basic human needs like healthcare, education, and a livable wage.
crimeclub is offline  
post #1818 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 09:40 PM
SAS Member
 
millenniumman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Gender: Male
Age: 45
Posts: 154,243
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeclub View Post
Explain that slow transition to me, Bernie would take our mild Social Democracy that we have now and make it a regular Social Democracy that exists in dozens of our allied countries, how do you go from that to Communism, because transitioning from a Capitalist economy to Communism doesn't just slowly happen, it usually takes a massive violent revolution enacted by a large percentage of the population. How do you go from providing healthcare and education to an uprising of the population that violently overthrows Capitalism, especially when the Capitalists have the most powerful military on their side.

You know what would lead to a revolution? A population that's denied basic human needs like healthcare, education, and a livable wage.

Socialism will not be enough. Right now, Bernie is pushing full paid-for health care for McDonald's employees. For those of us who have degrees with decent jobs - not only are we going to be taxed more, we aren't going to get the same healthcare unless we pay for it. That is still an imbalance that would only be remedied by lowering my pay to the same "livable wage" as that McDonald's employee.


You do realize that anyone making $29,000 a year or more will see a 6% jump in Federal tax alone for the lowest tax bracket - that would be at least 30% of the salary and it only gets worse the more one makes.

And they have that now - it's called a JOB, not a handout!

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is offline  
post #1819 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
crimeclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 10,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
Socialism will not be enough. Right now, Bernie is pushing full paid-for health care for McDonald's employees. For those of us who have degrees with decent jobs - not only are we going to be taxed more, we aren't going to get the same healthcare unless we pay for it. That is still an imbalance that would only be remedied by lowering my pay to the same "livable wage" as that McDonald's employee.


You do realize that anyone making $29,000 a year or more will see a 6% jump in Federal tax alone for the lowest tax bracket - that would be at least 30% of the salary and it only gets worse the more one makes.

And they have that now - it's called a JOB, not a handout!
I was asking about how the transition from Social Democracy to Communism would logically happen, specifically in the US, where the Capitalists have the world's most powerful military backing them.
crimeclub is offline  
post #1820 of 2958 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 05:00 AM
Viva La Raza!
 
nubly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Surviving the trumpocalypse
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,841
My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
Socialism will not be enough. Right now, Bernie is pushing full paid-for health care for McDonald's employees. For those of us who have degrees with decent jobs - not only are we going to be taxed more, we aren't going to get the same healthcare unless we pay for it. That is still an imbalance that would only be remedied by lowering my pay to the same "livable wage" as that McDonald's employee.


You do realize that anyone making $29,000 a year or more will see a 6% jump in Federal tax alone for the lowest tax bracket - that would be at least 30% of the salary and it only gets worse the more one makes.

And they have that now - it's called a JOB, not a handout!
Where do you get this information from?
nubly is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you feel that thinking about political issues affects your personal life? Myosr General Discussion 9 02-16-2018 08:55 AM
Positive Thinking, the greatest Myth! hihoum Positive Thinking and Goal Setting 22 08-30-2009 06:55 AM
Enneagram Type & Addictive Personality Iron Butterfly Secondary Disorders 14 02-28-2009 05:58 AM
Why postive thinking is so important bsd3355 Positive Thinking and Goal Setting 10 04-30-2006 08:14 PM
Positive Thinking is Changing My Life ski-li Positive Thinking and Goal Setting 7 07-03-2005 01:48 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome