Political Edition: Type What You're Thinking - Page 106 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #2101 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

If you were upset about the government handling the 2008 recession by giving a massive bailout to corporations and crumbs to everyone else then here's some bad news (which our country yet again won't learn from) Here's an article explaining the under-reported aspects of the new stimulus bill.

https://prospect.org/coronavirus/uns...ike-any-other/

Same s*** different a**holes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 09:05 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by firelight View Post
I think it's it's such a crime against humanity to continue to impose sanctions during deadly pandemic. Hurts to think that no one is going to be held accountable for it either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeclub View Post
I agree, even without the pandemic they're a crime against humanity, would be great to get some non-sociopaths leading this country.
Economic sanctions, guys. NOT humanitarian!
Trump offed to help Iran with coronavirus issues. They declined and blamed the epidemic on him.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #2103 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
Economic sanctions, guys. NOT humanitarian!
Trump offed to help Iran with coronavirus issues. They declined and blamed the epidemic on him.
Educate yourself on the effects of economic sanctions.

post #2104 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 09:27 AM
Aspergian

Our government just gave corporations 4.25 trillion dollars. I couldn't be any more disgusted with both parties.

Even if our scars don’t match there’s no wrong you can’t make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure there’s things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then I’m really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. That’s what’s holding the bricks together.

- Listener
post #2105 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Licker View Post
Our government just gave corporations 4.25 trillion dollars. I couldn't be any more disgusted with both parties.

Not only an unnecessarily large amount of money for the people who need it the least but also the ability to further monopolize every industry. Unbelievable.
post #2106 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 10:54 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Educate yourself on the effects of economic sanctions.
Educate yourself on humanitarian aid being rejected by someone who had always wanted the country obliterated...even before the sanctions.

Shah of Iran.

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #2107 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Biden is clearly not fit to be the Dem nominee, as far as the Dem party's next preferable choice for their nominee which Dem politician out there is being highly praised by the liberal media the last week, can any US liberals take a guess?
post #2108 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 07:18 AM
Viva La Raza!

My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Biden is clearly not fit to be the Dem nominee, as far as the Dem party's next preferable choice for their nominee which Dem politician out there is being highly praised by the liberal media the last week, can any US liberals take a guess?
The coronavirus have been dominating the headlines. What new conspiracy theory are Bernie Bros pushing?
post #2109 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
The coronavirus have been dominating the headlines. What new conspiracy theory are Bernie Bros pushing?
My fault I forgot doing a little deductive reasoning is frowned upon as being a conspiracy theorist, I'll just stick to turning my brain off as apparently you do.
post #2110 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 12:41 PM
Viva La Raza!

My Mood: Tired
Quote:
My fault I forgot doing a little deductive reasoning is frowned upon as being a conspiracy theorist, I'll just stick to turning my brain off as apparently you do.
You can't be the custodian of the latest conspiracy theory and not disseminate it.
post #2111 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
You can't be the custodian of the latest conspiracy theory and not disseminate it.
It bothers you only because it's a negative assumption about your political team, we all make negative assumptions about Trump and the Republicans every single day, but as soon as someone to the left of you points out problems with your party that you choose to be blindly loyal to you shout "conspiracy theory" in the exact same way loyal Republicans shout "Fake News". Not everyone considers politics a team sport, but you do which is unfortunate because both parties are terrible and are a detriment to the country, and shielding either party from criticism is only enabling the growing pile of bulls**t that US politics has become.
post #2112 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

FOX News just fired (one of their many) overt propagandist Trish Regan, it's weird that there still seems to be some kinds of vague standards over at FOX.
post #2113 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

https://www.theonion.com/historians-...pen-1819572992

Quote:
WASHINGTON—With the United States facing a daunting array of problems at home and abroad, leading historians courteously reminded the nation Thursday that when making tough choices, it never hurts to stop a moment, take a look at similar situations from the past, and then think about whether the decisions people made back then were good or bad.

According to the historians, by looking at things that have already happened, Americans can learn a lot about which actions made things better versus which actions made things worse, and can then plan their own actions accordingly.

"In the coming weeks and months, people will have to make some really important decisions about some really important issues," Columbia University historian Douglas R. Collins said during a press conference, speaking very slowly and clearly so the nation could follow his words. "And one thing we can do, before making a choice that has permanent consequences for our entire civilization, is check real quick first to see if human beings have ever done anything like it previously, and see if turned out to be a good idea or not."

"It's actually pretty simple: We just have to ask ourselves if people doing the same thing in the past caused something bad to happen," Collins continued. "Did the thing we're thinking of doing make people upset? Did it start a war? If it did, then we might want to think about not doing it."

In addition, Collins carefully explained that if a past decision proved to be favorable—if, for example, it led to increased employment, caused fewer deaths, or made lots of people feel good inside— then the nation should consider following through with the same decision now.

While the new strategy, known as "Look Back Before You Act," has raised concerns among people worried they will have to remember lots of events from long ago, the historians have assured Americans they won't be required to read all the way through thick books or memorize anything.

Instead, citizens have been told they can just find a large-print, illustrated timeline of historical events, place their finger on an important moment, and then look to the right of that point to see what happened afterward, paying especially close attention to whether things got worse or better.

"You know how the economy is not doing so well right now?" Professor Elizabeth Schuller of the University of North Carolina said. "Well, in the 1930s, financial markets—no, wait, I'm sorry. Here: A long, long time ago, way far in the past, certain things happened that were a lot like things now, and they made people hungry and sad."

"How do you feel when you're hungry? Doesn't feel good, does it?" Schuller added. "So, maybe we should avoid doing those things that caused people to feel that way, don't you think?"

Concluding their address, the panel of scholars provided a number of guidelines to help implement the strategy, reminding the nation that the biggest decisions required the most looking back, and stressing the importance of checking the past before one makes a decision, not afterward, when the decision has already been made.

While many citizens have expressed skepticism of the historians' assertions, the majority of Americans have reportedly grasped the concept of noticing bad things from earlier times and trying not to repeat them.

"I get it. If we do something bad that happened before, then the same bad thing could happen again," said Barb Ennis, 48, of Pawtucket, RI. "We don't want history to happen again, unless the thing that happened was good."

"When you think about it, a lot of things have happened already," Ennis added. "That's what history is."

In Washington, several elected officials praised the looking-back-first strategy as a helpful, practical tool with the potential to revolutionize government.

"The things the historians were saying seemed complicated at first, but now it makes sense to me," said Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), who reversed his opposition to oil-drilling safety regulations after checking past events and finding a number of "very, very sad things [he] didn't like." "I just wished they'd told us about this trick before."
post #2114 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I don't expect our government to "learn" from this pandemic, it's never been our government's priority to help the average American, I just really hope that the average American will learn from this pandemic that when it comes to who's really holding the power in this country it's them and their labor, because after less than a week of their absence in the workplace our government and our corporations started s***ing their pants over what to do, their response has been too little and too late, hopefully the country will recognize that it's time for these ***holes to pay for it themselves for once.
post #2115 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 10:14 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Quote:
Soothing the savage leftibeasts.

I have been hearing the name Cuomo thrown around.....that is if Biden doesn't choose Hillary as his VP. She's not doing herself any favors with her bitter tweets about Trump during the pandemic and the number of cases surging (we have more tests counted!)

He did promise "America First." https://t.co/bzks3hqCUE
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) March 27, 2020
Not the first time you've laughed as Americans died
— Jack Posobiec (@JackPosobiec) March 27, 2020
This is why you aren't president and he is.
— Caleb Hull (@CalebJHull) March 27, 2020
A disgusting tweet, from the most disgusting person I ever worked with in the Secret Service. 👇🏻👇🏻 https://t.co/5HttcFPiR7
— Dan Bongino (@dbongino) March 27, 2020

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #2116 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 10:15 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
:Lol I doubt it

I would like to see an investigation on the four Senators cashing out before the pandemic!

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #2117 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-28-2020, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Teen Vogue is actually pretty legit.

post #2118 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

The State Department facilitated the transportation of 17.8 tons of US medical equipment donations "including masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials" to China back in February. The State Department's article doesn't specify whether these were our government's own stockpile or if they were donations from various organizations, but if they were our government's own stockpile then this is pretty damning for the Trump admin (as if the admin wasn't already an abomination).

From the State Department's website.
https://www.state.gov/the-united-sta...l-coronavirus/

Either way, Trump's "leadership" is astonishingly terrible and murderously negligent. If we knew it was this serious back in early February and if that 17.8 tons of equipment wasn't our gov's stockpile then why didn't Trump have our businesses create our own stockpile, actually I have a better question, why didn't we have a stockpile before the existence of a pandemic?
post #2119 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 12:26 PM
SAS Member

The narcissist is tweeting about his briefing ratings.

There's someone I can think of who deserves the virus.
post #2120 of 2278 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Colorado's Dem primary was almost 4 weeks ago and only 83% of the results have been reported lol this has been the dumbest election ever.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page