Mueller Report released, no collusion - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Is that what day it is?

My Mood: Dead

Mueller Report released, no collusion

Quick, let's cover up this by lying some more.

Quote:
Mueller report per Attorney General William Barr: Trump campaign did not conspire with Russia during 2016 election originally appeared on abcnews.go.com
Special counsel Robert Mueller's report into the Kremlin's interference in the 2016 presidential election did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia, according to a letter to Congress from Attorney General William Barr.
The letter describes "two main" Russian efforts to influence the election including “attempts by a Russian organization… to conduct disinformation and social media operations in the United States” and “the Russian government’s efforts to conduct computer hacking operations” targeting former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign and the Democratic Party.
In both circumstances, the “Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts.”
The special counsel’s office made no conclusion on the matter of possible obstruction of justice by President Donald Trump.
"The Special Counsel, therefore, did not draw a conclusion – one way or the other – as to whether the examined conduct constituted obstruction," the letter read. "Instead, for each of the relevant actions investigated, the report sets out 'difficult issues' of law and fact concerning whether the President's actions and intent could be viewed as obstruction."
https://news.yahoo.com/amid-mueller-...174000860.html

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 03:59 PM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
"While this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

Why the double talk? No one should be surprised that dotard donald's misadministration keeps protecting him. If Barr said there is obstruction of justice done on dotard donald's part, what are they going to do about it? Dotard donald said he's fine with releasing the report so why don't they release it and let someone else view it.

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
post #3 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Is that what day it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
"While this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

Why the double talk? No one should be surprised that dotard donald's misadministration keeps protecting him. If Barr said there is obstruction of justice done on dotard donald's part, what are they going to do about it? Dotard donald said he's fine with releasing the report so why don't they release it and let someone else view it.
Probably because the confidential information is potentially damaging to the security of our nation. They should release the report uncensored so people like you finally stop this none sense.

This is literally the equivalent of the conspiracy over Obama not being born in America. After Obama released his birth certificate people just said it was fake and continued believing Obama wasn't born in America.

post #4 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 11:24 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
There are still a lot of oddities about this whole topic. I'm not surprised that Trump or his campaign were not actively colluding with Russia in 2016. However, Trump's behaviour through the entire process is simply ridiculous and I don't understand why any American can be proud of having him as president. He behaved like he was guilty the whole time. Why? Trump spent the whole investigation attacking it as a witch hunt and attempting to destroy Mueller's credibility. For a investigation that was supposedly led by such a non-credible conflicted person, Trump is pretty damn confident that the result is complete and total exoneration (something Barr stated was not the case with obstruction). Witch hunts typically result in the witch being burned at the stake. Trump owes Mueller an apology. It's also eyebrow-raising that part of Trump's reaction today was to say that he hopes someone "looks at the other side". For what? The "illegal take down that failed" just concluded he didn't collude with Russia! The child-like behaviour from Trump is mind-boggling.

The full report should absolutely be released to the public, even with some redacted names to protect those not charged with a crime. The public is also owed a detailed explanation for what it means to have not found evidence of obstruction, but to not exonerate the president of it. Did they just not find enough evidence after some leads? Given that today, Trump said the news included that he did not obstruct justice (a lie), and that many Republican politicians are using the words "no obstruction" today, it needs to be clarified that what Barr actually told the world amounts to "Mueller didn't find it, but it's still possible Trump did or attempt to obstruct justice".

Regardless of Trump himself (and his campaign) not actually colluding with Russia, Putin and his cronies still meddled in the 2016 election. Trump still had Sergei Lavrov and Sergei Kislyak in the Oval Office. Trump still stood next to Putin in Helsinki and told the world he doesn't see why it would have been Russia who meddled in the 2016 election. Trump still nixed more sanctions on North Korea last week only because he likes Kim Jong Un. Trump still calls media who criticize him "fake news" and "enemy of the people". Trump still refuses to denounce the white supremacist ideology. I could go on. Not actively colluding with Russia in 2016 doesn't make any of that go away. Maybe now Trump's political opponents can focus on the dozens of reasons he is a horrible president so they can get him voted out next year.
post #5 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 11:44 PM
Wishing Time Will Freeze.

It's funny that all of the people involved in carrying out the investigation are the same political party as the president it is investigating against. Especially being a political party that has always been notorious of siding strictly along party lines nearly 100% of the time.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #6 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 04:41 AM
Geese

Location: The place where everything is trying to kill you (Australia)
My Mood: Relaxed
At this stage there democrats just need to concentrate on themselves, put forward some decent candidates and work on policies that rhey seem best for the nation moving forward. This war with the trump administration will not be won and they more energy they spend on it, they smaller then chance they'll have of winning the election. If they stick to a positive campaign thag concentrates on the people and not attacking the opposition then they might pursuade those too lazy to vote to actually get out and do so.

Your 100% in anything, even if you're not the best at it, is a success.
post #7 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 06:16 AM
SAS Member

the full Mueller report will be released to the public as timely as the 9/11 report release of its missing 28 pages.

What a waste of time! Oh, democrats...you disappoint me again... I would say it was a total waste of taxpayer money on this investigation but sadly, the overwhelming majority of tax revenue goes to the military anyway.

"I might be great tomorrow, but hopeless yesterday"
post #8 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 03:04 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Quick, let's cover up this by lying some more.
Mmmmmmmmmmm the Liberal tears taste sweet today!

That being said, the Republican's shouldn't be too excited: The Liberals will continue to lie, cheat, steal, slander, and smear. Their sheep will believe that Trump colluded with Russia till the end of time. It will be printed in public school books, and the Liberal candidates will bring it up in this year's debates and rallies.

Onto the next smear campaign! CNN is going to need something else to whine like a 1 year old about 24/7 Bring it on.

The world is quiet here.
post #9 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 03:27 PM
SAS Member

Language: too few
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
This is literally the equivalent of the conspiracy over Obama not being born in America. After Obama released his birth certificate people just said it was fake and continued believing Obama wasn't born in America.
I can’t help but point out that this is exactly what Trump did himself.
post #10 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 03:46 PM
SAS Member

that was a lot of money wasted to find out nothing. I feel like that money could have been better spent helping the poor or something
post #11 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 05:32 AM
Yoink

Trump hides his grades from school, Trump hides his taxes, Trump hides everything.

But the truth is in plain sight: he and his crime family are idiots.

The GOP has sided with Putin and Russia. I hope real Americans realize the treason the Republicans have committed for decades.

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
post #12 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 07:37 PM
Resist

Fantastic news. Congress is going to fight to have the Mueller report in their hands. Why would anyone believe Barr's 4 page summary on a 300+ page report? Politifcat compiled a timeline of when dotard donald's campaign colluded with Russia.

Quote:
Mid 2016: The Kremlin-linked Internet Research Agency established a strategy of supporting Donald Trump’s candidacy and disparaging Hillary Clinton.
June 3, 2016: Trump, Jr. receives an email from Rob Goldstone, a business associate. Goldstone tells the younger Trump that Moscow supports his father’s candidacy, and says he has a connection to a Russian government official with incriminating evidence against Hillary Clinton.
Goldstone tells Trump Jr.: "This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump."
The younger Trump replied that same day: "If it’s what you say I love it."
June 7, 2016: Trump announced he would soon make a "major speech" on Clinton.
June 8, 2016: Russian intelligence officers launch DC Leaks, a website used to release stolen emails.
June 9, 2016: Trump, Jr., Manafort and Kushner meet with a Russian national and several others at Trump Tower, based on Goldstone’s promise to Trump Jr. that a "Russian government attorney" would deliver damaging information about Clinton. Several shifting accounts of the meeting were later offered.
June 14, 2016: The DNC announced, through cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike, that it had been hacked by Russian government actors.

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

post #13 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 07:24 PM
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Brooding

"We need a healthy economy and we shouldn't be embarrassed about our system. If you want to look at a system that is non-capitalistic, just take a look at what was perhaps the wealthiest country in the world and today people are starving to death. It's called Venezuela."

- Michael Bloomberg

--------------

“The media everywhere is mostly liberal.”

- Former CBS News Reporter Lara Logan
post #14 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 10:32 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
^^^
We don't know that. Obviously not enough to prosecute, but zero? You can't say that. That's why the entire report, unredacted, needs to be given to Congress immediately. The public needs to have access to the entire report with certain details redacted. Bottom line, it's becoming more and more f***ed up that we've still only seen 4 pages written by a guy who is clearly biased towards Trump. If it's a big nothing, why make Congress subpoena the report? Just f***in' give it to them. Like Trump said, let everyone see it!

Cletis, can you at least admit that Trump lies when he says he was totally and completely exonerated when Barr himself wrote that his report does NOT exonerate Trump from obstructing justice?
post #15 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 11:15 PM
Changeless

My Mood: Worried
Unfortunately the Mueller investigation was made necessary by Trump's speech and actions and by Trump's bumbling support staff. There was no choice but to investigate. It might have been a bit of a waste (although there were a good number of convictions) but to pin that waste on anyone but Trump doesn't make much sense to me.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

“I'm very polite by nature, even the voices in my head let each other finish their sentences.”
― Graham Parke, Unspent Time
post #16 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Is that what day it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesker View Post
Unfortunately the Mueller investigation was made necessary by Trump's speech and actions and by Trump's bumbling support staff. There was no choice but to investigate. It might have been a bit of a waste (although there were a good number of convictions) but to pin that waste on anyone but Trump doesn't make much sense to me.

I laughed to myself the other day when I remembered Trump promised to drain the swamp and realized he did in a roundabout way. The investigation revealed corruption, tons of people were removed from politics, but none of it had any thing to do with Russia or Donald Trump's actions. The pure irony.

post #17 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 05:27 AM
Resist

Quote:
I laughed to myself the other day when I remembered Trump promised to drain the swamp and realized he did in a roundabout way. The investigation revealed corruption, tons of people were removed from politics, but none of it had any thing to do with Russia or Donald Trump's actions. The pure irony.
How did dotard donald drain the swamp? The only people being removed from office were dotard donald's people. He polluted the swamp.

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

post #18 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Is that what day it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
How did dotard donald drain the swamp? The only people being removed from office were dotard donald's people. He polluted the swamp.
I guess you don't have much of a sense humor. Why are you calling them Trump's people? All of those people were career politicians that have been around for decades. Acting like they were his minions in some tight knit group is crazy.

post #19 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 12:08 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Relaxed
Never seen more effort put into nothing.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #20 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:17 AM
Yoink

Of course the GOP will cover their assets (and Russia's too)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/speci...b082d775e038b4

Quote:
Robert Mueller’s Team Says Report Had More Troubling Details About Trump Than William Barr Revealed

Some Special Counsel investigators have expressed displeasure at the way the attorney general has portrayed their findings, reports say.

By Dominique Mosbergen

Investigators on Robert Mueller’s team are vexed at Attorney General William Barr’s characterization of the special counsel’s report. They say Barr “failed to adequately portray the findings of their inquiry,” The New York Times reported on Wednesday.

Hours later, The Washington Post corroborated this account, reporting that some members of Mueller’s team had expressed frustration at the attorney general’s March 24 summary to Congress in which he absolved President Donald Trump of any obstruction of justice.

A number of special counsel investigators told associates that the evidence they gathered on the question of obstruction was both “alarming and significant,” the Post reported. The paper also quoted a person familiar with the probe as saying the evidence was “much more acute than Barr suggested.”

Further details were not provided.

ASSOCIATED PRESS Investigators on Robert Mueller’s team were reportedly frustrated by the summary Attorney General William Barr issued to Congress on March 24.

Some investigators were particularly miffed that Barr had not released the official summaries of the report that their team had prepared, the Post reported. One official told the paper that the special counsel report was written in such a way that would have allowed “the front matter from each section ... [to be] released immediately — or very quickly” to the public.

“It was done in a way that minimum redactions, if any, would have been necessary, and the work would have spoken for itself,” the official said.

However, two unnamed government officials told the Times that the Justice Department had determined that these summaries contained sensitive information, including classified material.

Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.), speaking to MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell on Wednesday night, questioned why Barr had felt “the need to release his own summary” instead of releasing the summaries produced by Mueller’s team.

“Why didn’t he release a summary produced by Bob Mueller himself instead of trying to shape it through his own words?” Schiff, who chairs the House Intelligence Committee, said.
Trump said Mueller’s report should be released. House voted 420-0 to release it. But now Trump and his congressional allies are changing their tune.

They don’t want the public to see the full report, only parts of it.

That’s not going to fly. Barr must release the full report. https://t.co/xZwoq9AyY0
— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) April 3, 2019
On Wednesday, the House Judiciary Committee voted to authorize a subpoena for the full Mueller report. “The committee must see everything,” said committee chairman Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.).

Nadler also said that he’d give Barr some time to “change his mind” about providing an unredacted version of the report to Congress before issuing a subpoena.

Reacting to the reports of displeasure among some people in Mueller’s office, Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani blasted the special counsel’s team, calling it a group of “Angry Democrats”:
The NYT story about unspecified troubling findings in report is as accurate as the NYT saying Mueller’s staff didn’t leak. Who leaked this...Mueller’s unethical staff. This proves they are Angry Democrats who couldn’t find or create evidence to support collusion or obstruction
— Rudy Giuliani (@RudyGiuliani) April 4, 2019
As the Times noted, Mueller’s team included 19 lawyers and about 40 FBI agents and other staff members. It’s unclear, the paper said, “how widespread the vexation” was among them.

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page