#Metoo movement could spell the end of Nevada's brothel business - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Brooding
Arrow

#Metoo movement could spell the end of Nevada's brothel business

End of the road for Nevada’s prostitution business?

Two rural counties home to half of the state’s legal brothels put the matter up to vote on November ballots

By Jim Carlton

Published: June 18, 2018 7:18 a.m. ET

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/en...ess-2018-06-16

MOUND HOUSE, Nev. — Nevada’s legal brothels have a new adversary: the #MeToo movement.

A coalition of women’s advocacy groups in Nevada has undertaken referendum initiatives against legal prostitution in Lyon and Nye counties, opposite corners of the state that are home to about half of the state’s brothels.

Lyon County commissioners voted on June 7 to place a nonbinding question on the November ballot on whether to ban prostitution at legal brothels and agreed to abide by whatever the public decides — effectively preempting the referendum initiative there.

With names like Love Ranch and Chicken Ranch, brothels have been legal or tolerated in much of Nevada for over a century and are as much a part of the Silver State’s image of sin and debauchery as gaming and bachelor parties.

The referendum measures, if passed, would outlaw nine bordellos in the two rural counties located a short drive away from Reno and Las Vegas, where prostitution is illegal. Observers say the measures would serve notice to the state’s remaining 11 or so legal brothels that their days could be numbered, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 04:36 PM
Almighty

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Kneel before me worms. I am God.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 04:58 PM
SAS Member

Sad news

We've all got a little bit of royal blood in our veins, we're all in line for the succession, and if nineteen million, four hundred thousand, two hundred and eight people die, I'll be king tomorrow. It's not very likely but its a nice thought and helps keep me going.

P.COOK

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 05:06 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
It's good to see feminists doing good work by telling other women what they are supposed to be doing.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 05:20 PM
Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by In a Lonely Place View Post
Sad news
Much more than sad. Tragic.

THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!

Kneel before me worms. I am God.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 10:34 AM
SAS Member

SWERFs and TERFs (feminists who are anti sex worker/anti trans) are distorted versions of feminism, they also tend to be a**holes.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 12:28 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
If forced that one pimp to run for office

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 03:08 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeclub View Post
SWERFs and TERFs (anti sex worker and anti trans) are distorted versions of feminism, they also tend to be a**holes.
Feminists seem to be on both sides of the prostitution issue. One the one hand, they don't want the prostitutes being punished because well, women shouldn't be punished. Women can only be victims etc. But at the same time they don't want men satisfying their sexual needs with a real woman.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 03:57 PM
Permanently Banned

You idiots, this has nothing to do with feminists or metoo at all... This was put on the ballot by a conservative Christian group called Awaken.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 04:06 PM
SAS Member

1st post lol

We've all got a little bit of royal blood in our veins, we're all in line for the succession, and if nineteen million, four hundred thousand, two hundred and eight people die, I'll be king tomorrow. It's not very likely but its a nice thought and helps keep me going.

P.COOK

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 04:08 PM
Searching...

My Mood: Bored
https://youtu.be/gLPf9roLZVc

"All greatness of character is dependent on individuality. The man who has no other existence than that which he partakes in common with all around him, will never have any other than an existence of mediocrity. "
-James F. Cooper

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... Wondering, fearing, doubting..." -Edgar Allan Poe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3bMZ5dNsl4

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page