"In a Harris administration" oops I mean Harris-Biden, oops I mean Biden-Harris - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

"In a Harris administration" oops I mean Harris-Biden, oops I mean Biden-Harris

https://youtu.be/2CIFUNmVnKQ

This is the politics section. So I assume its Ok to post something like this.

I thought Trump supporters were exaggerating when they said Joe Biden isn't the real Democrat candidate.

But it looks like they may be onto something...

I'm disappointed. This is one of the most underhanded techniques to gain power I have ever seen. She did not win the nomination fair and square.

So instead they choose a man of questionable health to run, who can then choose a VP that the people didn't vote for....who then gets the position of potus through a technicality (if he wins).

That's not how I imagine democracy works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 03:35 AM
Hufflepuff

My Mood: Lurking
USA is a republic, not a democracy anyway (Hillary didn't win despite getting more votes).

Quote:
the most underhanded techniques to gain power I have ever seen
Is this how this sinister plan of Harris goes;

-Purposely lose the presidential nomination
-Make the man of questionable health to win
-Place yourself as his VP
-Wait his health to go down and eventually die
-Become the POTUS yourself
-Profit!

Just a thought for you Harris, why go thru all of this and why not just make yourself to win immediately and make Joe to be your VP instead? Then you would absolutely gain power, instead of hoping the old man get sicker? I'm not saying we should definitely question every single conspiracy theory Trump comes up with, but... no that's exactly what I'm saying

Also, I just noticed that Kamala Harris looks kinda hot actually She has really mesmerizing exotic looks that I just now realized

Reject modernity, embrace monke
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 03:45 AM
Sas user

Its a pretty big slip up. it shows she doesnt think Biden will last as president. I guess then its whether democrats in America would prefer Harris to Trump. I think many might even prefer Harris to Biden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

believe in urself

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 06:51 AM
Temporarily Banned

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Lol someone here recently thought I was a Biden supporter despite being from the UK and openly supporting Bernie Sander's campaign and Corbyn. That was hilarious.

Anyway I largely lost interest in this when Sander's dropped out and it became clear that the same old same old would happen.

I'm hoping we can get the conservative UK party out one day and not with another Blairite government.

off topic:

I hate how transparently classist the UK is Keir Starmer is only popular because he's a middle aged lawyer with a title. Corbyn doesn't condemn terrorists to death and likes gardening, related lol and older, oh no terrifying. (and no most people aren't paying attention to policy.)
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 08:07 AM
SAS Member

I heard a prognostication that Biden is set up to get the coronavirus, and thus Kamala will have the unelected presidency.

anyway, this situation kinda reminds me of the fall of the Chinese empire (or, the THUD, as it hit rock bottom). After the Emperor died, his wife (or mistress, I can't quite remember) ended up taking over and led with an iron fist. I can't remember the details on what exactly she did, or if she associated herself with the British forces, but she was the last leader with any actual clout. When she died, the Chinese empire system officially became a zombie.

"I might be great tomorrow, but hopeless yesterday"
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 08:23 AM
Temporarily Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micronian View Post
I heard a prognostication that Biden is set up to get the coronavirus, and thus Kamala will have the unelected presidency.

anyway, this situation kinda reminds me of the fall of the Chinese empire (or, the THUD, as it hit rock bottom). After the Emperor died, his wife (or mistress, I can't quite remember) ended up taking over and led with an iron fist. I can't remember the details on what exactly she did, or if she associated herself with the British forces, but she was the last leader with any actual clout. When she died, the Chinese empire system officially became a zombie.
Have you heard about this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_cliff

I don't think it's usually through the back door though, they're elected openly usually, during periods of crisis when there's a high chance of failure.

https://hbr.org/2011/01/how-women-en...he-glass-cliff

Quote:
By now everyone is familiar with the glass ceiling—the informal barrier that keeps women out of upper management. In the past few years, researchers have found that women have a better chance of breaking through that ceiling when an organization is facing a crisis—thus finding themselves on what Michelle Ryan and Alex Haslam, of the University of Exeter, have termed the “glass cliff.” But the question remains why.

To explore possible answers, we conducted two experiments. In the first we asked 119 college students to read two newspaper articles about an organic food company. The first article discussed the upcoming retirement of the CEO. We created two versions of the piece; in one the company was currently and historically headed by men, and in the other it was headed by women. We also created two versions of the second article, which dealt with the company’s financial status, so that some students read about a company that was growing, others about one that was closing stores and laying people off. We then asked the students to choose between two equally qualified candidates for CEO, one male and one female.

When the company had been led by men and was doing well, 62% of the students who read that scenario chose the male candidate. But when the male-led company was in crisis, 69% chose the female candidate. And when the company had been led by women, there was no difference: The glass cliff disappeared.

One thing these results reveal, we believe, is a status quo bias. As long as a company headed by men performs well, there’s no perceived need to change its pattern of male leadership. Only if male leaders have maneuvered an organization into trouble is a switch to a female leader preferred.
Quote:
It appears, then, that a company’s leadership history and common assumptions about gender and leadership contribute to the glass cliff. We were especially struck by the finding that the phenomenon does not seem to apply to organizations with a history of female leaders. This suggests that as people become more used to seeing women at the highest levels of management, female leaders won’t be selected primarily for risky turnarounds—and will get more chances to run organizations that have good odds of continued success.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 09:19 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Have you heard about this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_cliff

I don't think it's usually through the back door though, they're elected openly usually, during periods of crisis when there's a high chance of failure.

https://hbr.org/2011/01/how-women-en...he-glass-cliff
Interesting.

I didn't know it was such a repeatable phenomenon, but maybe it does make sense: I sure remember the example of Kim Campbell. She was prime minister of Canada only for a handful of months before her party crashed and burned.

Also, just a week ago, the Williams Formula One Team--a family-owned team with a long storied history of success--got bought and sold to a corporation. The president, Claire Williams, was the daughter of the founder, Frank Williams. She came in because Frank was too old, and the team was already struggling really badly. She was the one to pull the trigger.

As for the study, I kinda question its validity. Every situation, crisis or not, has its own distinct evolution. If the problem is with the unconscious attitudes, then study those attitudes, not mix your coclusions with the evolution of a business.

"I might be great tomorrow, but hopeless yesterday"
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 09:29 AM
Self isolating from self

There is some concern over whether Joe Biden is mentally sound (dementia, alzheimer's, or whatever). Not to create a conspiracy theory, but I imagine if that's true he'd end up being more of a puppet for the DNC, and the vice president.

Setup progress now at 100% capacity.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 01:53 PM
banana enthusiast

My Mood: Bored
I've been saying this ever since Biden became the nominee (not here, but in my head). The corporations who own Biden are just using him as a warm body to ride to the presidency, at which point whoever the vice president is would become the real president because Biden is clearly having mental problems. I even speculated that he might drop out before the election and unilaterally declare the VP (Harris) as the new nominee, which could still happen, but not as likely after seeing how much the media is covering up for his obvious mental decline and treating him with kid gloves. The corporations don't care who is the president as long as it's someone who will do their bidding, which Kamala will definitely do. It sickens me to see how many people are not aware of how disgustingly corrupt the entire political system is, and that they're still viewing Biden positively as if he'll be some kind of anti-Trump. There are not two sides in US politics. There is one side, the corporations, who own both parties through corruption. Everything else is performative theatre.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 03:08 PM
bipolar

I just think it's lucky they've got someone younger and with a bit of sense for when old Joe gets too tired to go to work. She looks like a strong woman - good for her.

Anyway - they've got to actually get through the election first. Trump will do anything he can to find a way to win.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 03:57 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
She is just biden her time.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 04:01 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
She is just biden her time.
Nice one.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 04:09 PM
SAS Member

It's slightly possible that I could have been persuaded to vote for him if he had chosen (or if someone had been chosen for him) who was reasonable and moderate. Him bringing this person on his ticket has guaranteed I won't vote for it. In fact, I'd be voting against it more than for Trump or whatever write-in or third party candidate is available (although I'm leaning towards Trump despite never having cast a vote for him).
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

If they don't believe he can make it as president, they should have been honest and picked a healthier candidate.

The presidential ticket is supposed to be the person you expect to lead, not a contingency plan.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 05:04 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedOver View Post
It's slightly possible that I could have been persuaded to vote for him if he had chosen (or if someone had been chosen for him) who was reasonable and moderate. Him bringing this person on his ticket has guaranteed I won't vote for it. In fact, I'd be voting against it more than for Trump or whatever write-in or third party candidate is available (although I'm leaning towards Trump despite never having cast a vote for him).
Honestly though, after the four years we have just had, I cannot see anyone in their right mind voting for Trump even if they have a good reason.

I feel like the political right in this country (and/or anyone who doesn't really like the Democrats) really did itself a severe disservice by just giving 100% of their support to Trump (and/or refusing to criticize him or blame him for all the terrible things he has been responsible for). Just because he is (ostensibly) "on their side" (with friends like him, who needs enemies?) doesn't mean they can't demand better (more responsible, intelligent and reasonable) representation for their values. They had more than enough opportunity to say no to Trump and demanding a better candidate for 2020. The Trump years have been the embodiment of some kind of steep spiral into complete insanity for pretty much everyone. How can anyone have a reasonable debate with people who support Donald Trump? There is nothing reasonable or sane about him.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 05:36 PM
Self isolating from self

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Honestly though, after the four years we have just had, I cannot see anyone in their right mind voting for Trump even if they have a good reason
I have no faith in right mindedness of the human species.

Setup progress now at 100% capacity.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 07:48 PM
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Crappy
She will be in control and they will just put some papers in front of Sleepy Joe to sign and he'll do it. Kamala, Nancy, Chuck and Bernie will be in charge.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 08:10 PM
banana enthusiast

My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis View Post
She will be in control and they will just put some papers in front of Sleepy Joe to sign and he'll do it. Kamala, Nancy, Chuck and Bernie will be in charge.
Lol what?? If there's one person the Democrats hate more than Trump, it's Bernie. The whole reason Joe Biden is the nominee is because after he won South Carolina, all the other establishment candidates coordinated to get behind Biden and flood the airwaves with positive coverage about Biden to try to steal the race from Bernie. Which is exactly what happened. Bernie was the biggest threat to them and their corporate masters and they're STILL hostile towards him and his ideas. And Bernie, like the pathetic cuck he is, has been licking the boots of Biden and the Democratic establishment, completely folding to their agenda, instead of trying to demand anything in exchange for his support. Bernie will have no power under a Democratic administration, except possibly in a token role with no real influence, and that's if he's lucky. Kamala, Nancy and Chuck will be in charge, but not Bernie. Or more accurately, the corporate masters who bribe both the Democrats and Republicans will be in charge, as they always have been.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 09:18 PM
Temporarily Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis View Post
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 12:07 AM
SAS Member

I don't like either Biden or Trump, but I will hold my nose and voter for Biden to get Trump, his family, and the other idiots out of there. I can't take another 4 years of this crap.

troll: man, we got a lot of snow
yooper: eh?
troll: three feet, man!
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page