I fear Trump will get another term due to Democratic Disunity - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:36 AM
Harvester of Sorrow

Language: English, Broken Cantonese, Spanish Curse words, few words of Mandarin
My Mood: Lonely
Andrew Yang 2020.

"There's a fine line between the peacefulness of solitude and the loneliness of isolation."
- Dr. Hill, Until Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:29 PM
Cooking Chicken

I would vote for Trump before voting for a left-wing version of something that is more chaotic and extreme and divisive. The future of politics and the country seems very perilous at this point. Where do we go from here?
post #43 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:03 PM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
(Putting on my aluminum foil hat) - IMO, Trump will only get another term if he is scheduled to get another term (if you KWIM).

He may or may not be so scheduled for that but whether or not he is, you're on a roller coaster and there's nothing you can do about it one way or another. Your commentary is welcomed by them but it is also extraneous to the big picture.

Ahem. Now, I will go back to pretending it actually matters who anyone votes for.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.

post #44 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:31 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
Joe Biden is the only one who would beat Trump, but not sure the Democrats would want an 'old white straight male.'

The world is quiet here.
post #45 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:38 PM
Flying Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmu'14 View Post
Joe Biden is the only one who would beat Trump, but not sure the Democrats would want an 'old white straight male.'
No. I don't think Joe Biden would beat anyone. If Joe Biden was running against a squirrel the squirrel would win because Joe Biden is just that not popular.

------------

post #46 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:39 PM
Flying Backwards

Then again, I didn't actually think Trundle would win so what do I know?

I guess things don't have to make sense anymore.

------------

post #47 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 03:08 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, Java
My Mood: Cheeky
Trump's approval rating with the general population may be low, but there's more to it than just that. His approval rating within his own party is higher than any presidents approval rating within their own party ever. By supersizing his base, giving his base what they want, he increases his turnout. So maybe his votes aren't representative of the entire country, but he will still get quite a few of them because of turnout. This is where the democrats falter. Instead of supersizing their base, the democratic establishment belittles their base and attacks the economic left with the same veracity that they do Donald Trump while chasing imaginary republicans who disapprove of Trump. Republicans who disapprove of Trump is a demographic which, as shown by polls, is so small as to be non-significant.

You can't do it on identity politics alone when the system is rigged in favor of screwing over regular people. It was rigged before Donald Trump ever got in to office and it's still rigged in part because Donnie Boy only is interested in policies that benefit him and his rich elitist buddies who've had everything handed to them their whole lives. But you know what he did right on the campaign trail? He told people that the system is rigged against them, that republicans and democrats both have sold them out. And it resonated. That's why establishment democrats like Joe Biden and Pete Buttigieg, candidates only interested in upholding the same rigged in favor of the elite economic policies that Americans are so sick of, won't stand a chance against him.
post #48 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 12:49 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmu'14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
No. I don't think Joe Biden would beat anyone. If Joe Biden was running against a squirrel the squirrel would win because Joe Biden is just that not popular.
They should be eating Biden alive.

To think that people believed a "hot mic" tape of Trump saying something, and the actually seeing the things that Biden did to girls and women - #MeToo.

"Sleepy Joe Biden" would have to fight Bernie and what's left ain't much.

Spartacus, Cruella, Pocahontas, Beta, etc., don't have a chance.

.....and the personal knowledge I have of South Bend and it's conditions - it disqualifies "elitist" Pete Buttigieg. It is like a combination of San Francisco (homeless) and Chicago (crime) all wrapped up into one city of 120,000. A shame, really.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #49 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 12:50 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunb0urn View Post
Trump's approval rating with the general population may be low, but there's more to it than just that. His approval rating within his own party is higher than any presidents approval rating within their own party ever. By supersizing his base, giving his base what they want, he increases his turnout. So maybe his votes aren't representative of the entire country, but he will still get quite a few of them because of turnout. This is where the democrats falter. Instead of supersizing their base, the democratic establishment belittles their base and attacks the economic left with the same veracity that they do Donald Trump while chasing imaginary republicans who disapprove of Trump. Republicans who disapprove of Trump is a demographic which, as shown by polls, is so small as to be non-significant.

You can't do it on identity politics alone when the system is rigged in favor of screwing over regular people. It was rigged before Donald Trump ever got in to office and it's still rigged in part because Donnie Boy only is interested in policies that benefit him and his rich elitist buddies who've had everything handed to them their whole lives. But you know what he did right on the campaign trail? He told people that the system is rigged against them, that republicans and democrats both have sold them out. And it resonated. That's why establishment democrats like Joe Biden and Pete Buttigieg, candidates only interested in upholding the same rigged in favor of the elite economic policies that Americans are so sick of, won't stand a chance against him.

Trump also has the growing #WalkAway movement.

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #50 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 10:03 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
Trump also has the growing #WalkAway movement.
WalkAway is an uninteresting AstroTurf campaign peddled by elites and troll bots. There is little to no evidence that it has had a significant impact on the electorate. If this were the case, 2018 elections would've gone a bit more favorably to the republican party.
post #51 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 11:30 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
WalkAway is an uninteresting AstroTurf campaign peddled by elites and troll bots. There is little to no evidence that it has had a significant impact on the electorate. If this were the case, 2018 elections would've gone a bit more favorably to the republican party.
#WalkAway was started by Brandon Straka, an openly gay New York City hairdresser, who was put off by what the Democratic Party started doing after Hillary lost. He didn't even vote for Trump in 2016 and he saw the divisiveness and utter bribery the Democrats pull to try and get the vote.

Open borders/sanctuary cities - a sick attempt at Democratic votes.
Ballot harvesting - only legal for family/caregivers was completely opened up in California - another attempt to delay elections to advantage Democrats.

And now...."Free this, free that" - who is going to pay for it? The "1%"? They already do! I paid more in taxes than many on here.

Convicted felons? Rapists? Predators? - yeah, Bernie, AOC, and Cruella want them to be able to vote! Felony convictions are supposed to DETER other people from committing crimes so they'd have their rights taken away, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Ballot harvesting is the collecting and submitting of absentee or mail in voter ballots by volunteers or workers.[1] It occurs in some areas of the U.S. where voting by mail is common, and is often[citation needed] outlawed but laws vary by state.
Arizona banned the practice except for family members and caregivers. The U.S. Supreme Court stayed a Ninth Circuit Court ruling overturning the ban in 2016[2] and a U.S. District Court judge upheld the ban in 2018.[3]
California changed its rules before the 2018 election to allow persons other than family members to collect and submit ballots. Large last minute submissions of votes in the election delayed results and altered the outcome of several elections from the outcome indicated by initial results, swinging several races in favor of Democratic Party candidates.[4][5][6]
Ballot harvesting was alleged in North Carolina's 9th congressional district election in 2018.[7]

There are multiple testimonies of people, from drag queens to truck drivers to even Democratic campaign workers, who realized the alienation and identity politics that were being pulled right in front of their eyes.

I can guarantee you, it's NOT a "Russian bot" - the movement started up after all that went down and it's launched from a single voter.

Yeah, it's okay to not vote Democratic if you don't agree with something.

You are watching the Democratic Party destroying itself right before your very eyes and so many are blind to it!

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #52 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 01:31 PM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
Quote:
#WalkAway was started by Brandon Straka, an openly gay New York City hairdresser, who was put off by what the Democratic Party started doing after Hillary lost. He didn't even vote for Trump in 2016 and he saw the divisiveness and utter bribery the Democrats pull to try and get the vote.

Ballot harvesting - only legal for family/caregivers was completely opened up in California - another attempt to delay elections to advantage Democrats.

And now...."Free this, free that" - who is going to pay for it? The "1%"? They already do! I paid more in taxes than many on here.

Convicted felons? Rapists? Predators? - yeah, Bernie, AOC, and Cruella want them to be able to vote! Felony convictions are supposed to DETER other people from committing crimes so they'd have their rights taken away, too.

There are multiple testimonies of people, from drag queens to truck drivers to even Democratic campaign workers, who realized the alienation and identity politics that were being pulled right in front of their eyes.

I can guarantee you, it's NOT a "Russian bot" - the movement started up after all that went down and it's launched from a single voter.

You are watching the Democratic Party destroying itself right before your very eyes and so many are blind to it!
A lot of the conspiracy theories you subscribe to aren't grounded in reality and are only found in conservative rags. Truth isn't truth, alternative facts.

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
post #53 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 04:16 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
A lot of the conspiracy theories you subscribe to aren't grounded in reality and are only found in conservative rags. Truth isn't truth, alternative facts.

....and the poo issue in San Francistern? Fake news?! HA!
San Francisco smells like waste and the Governor is in El Salvador preaching about poverty! I wish I could make this stuff up!

You wanna bet about #WalkAway? Check YouTube. People, in their own words!

Alternative facts?!

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #54 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 06:30 PM
SAS Member

Quote:

Brandon Straka is also an actor, which you conveniently left out. Nothing unusual about the republican party drafting directly from elitist actors and game show hosts though, eh? : P It's an indisputable fact that one of the most tweeted hashtags from accounts which have been determined to be Russian trollbots is #WalkAway. It is also an indisputable fact that democrats, even despite failing to offer a clear economic vision for the future of our country, shellacked republicans in the 2018 midterms. If #WalkAway is real, why are republicans losing so badly? Can't help but notice how your answer doesn't address the 2018 midterms, which occurred far after the beginning of the #WalkAway AstroTurf movement.

Guaranteed healthcare for all in America is the way forward. Canada, France, Germany, Japan, and the United Kingdom all rank above America in healthcare outcomes, according to the World Health Organization. What do each of these countries have in common? Even when taxes are considered, they pay less per person in healthcare and guarantee healthcare to all citizens as a right. Yet in America, ordinary working class people go bankrupt every day because they can't afford healthcare. This is an issue which has an effect on thousands of members on this very forum. Dealing with mental health issues is tough. Dealing with mental health issues is a helluva lot tougher when you can't even afford to see a therapist and psychiatrist. Tell me Mill, how does it benefit America to have people who could otherwise become productive members of society being left to rot because of our healthcare system's glaringly obvious gaps? What good does it do society if everyday people like the ones posting on this forum can't even access the resources necessary to resolve their issues all because insurance companies want to squeeze out some profit at the expense of the middle class?
post #55 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 08:26 PM
Malevolent Dictator

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Guaranteed healthcare for all in America is the way forward. Canada, France, Germany, Japan, and the United Kingdom all rank above America in healthcare outcomes, according to the World Health Organization. What do each of these countries have in common? Even when taxes are considered, they pay less per person in healthcare and guarantee healthcare to all citizens as a right. Yet in America, ordinary working class people go bankrupt every day because they can't afford healthcare. This is an issue which has an effect on thousands of members on this very forum. Dealing with mental health issues is tough. Dealing with mental health issues is a helluva lot tougher when you can't even afford to see a therapist and psychiatrist. Tell me Mill, how does it benefit America to have people who could otherwise become productive members of society being left to rot because of our healthcare system's glaringly obvious gaps? What good does it do society if everyday people like the ones posting on this forum can't even access the resources necessary to resolve their issues all because insurance companies want to squeeze out some profit at the expense of the middle class?
I can't afford therapy, eye care, dental, or prescription medication and I live in Canada. Canada only pays for hospital visits. It doesn't cover therapy/meds at all. You have to go through insurance for that. Which I can't afford. I can't afford medication for my health condition. And my glasses are older than some of the users on this forum. So ... do better than Canada if you can.

Are you sure you want to permanently delete this culture? [Yes] [No]
post #56 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:00 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
I can't afford therapy, eye care, dental, or prescription medication and I live in Canada. Canada only pays for hospital visits. It doesn't cover therapy/meds at all. You have to go through insurance for that. Which I can't afford. I can't afford medication for my health condition. And my glasses are older than some of the users on this forum. So ... do better than Canada if you can.
Which province? Don't forget that healthcare up here is provincial. It's not perfect by any means. I do think medication needs to be handled better. If my employer didn't have extended healthcare which covers prescriptions, that would be expensive for me. However, my $20/month premium for BC MSP (which my employer also pays for) has me covered. I don't pay for visits to my doctor, I didn't pay for the counselling I got that my doctor recommended me for and my hernia surgery a couple years ago cost me a big fat zero.
post #57 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:24 AM
Russian Modster

Honestly, as much as it doesn't make sense for him to win again, it didn't the first time either. I will not be surprised if that happens again. At this point it feels like ANYTHING is possible.

:: Anybody else want to run? Contorting, distorting, I am undone. One less propaganda nightmare fixture. Are you getting the picture? Separate. I've lost my only way. See the shape, Broken and thrown away. ::

Попроси у облаков
Подарить нам белых снов
Ночь плывет и мы за ней
В мир таинственных огней
post #58 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:36 AM
Malevolent Dictator

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGVan View Post
Which province? Don't forget that healthcare up here is provincial. It's not perfect by any means. I do think medication needs to be handled better. If my employer didn't have extended healthcare which covers prescriptions, that would be expensive for me. However, my $20/month premium for BC MSP (which my employer also pays for) has me covered. I don't pay for visits to my doctor, I didn't pay for the counselling I got that my doctor recommended me for and my hernia surgery a couple years ago cost me a big fat zero.
Ontario. I haven't been able to get a GP yet, because I can't get on the waiting list, but yeah, my clinic visits are free. As is the bloodwork. So there's that. But if they prescribe medication I can't afford to pay for it. All that stuff is done through insurance, which most people have either through work or through school. But I'm self-employed, which means I have to get private insurance. Which I can't afford.

I need more than a prescription for SSRIs, which I can't afford, and which I won't take. I need an actual therapist for my gender dysphoria and my other issues, which are not straightforward. $100-150 a session is my entire grocery budget for a month. It's a pipe dream. I've broken 2 teeth in the last year thanks to a corrupt dentist I had when I was younger. $600 out of pocket for 'temporary' fillings. A whole month closer to being homeless.

The 'safety net' in this country sucks. It certainly shouldn't be held up as a model for emulation. I know multiple people who have been 'helped' right into homelessness. Disability is impossible to get for MH issues unless you're legally insane. I was denied a student loan, so I couldn't go to university. They deducted a severance package I never even got from my employment insurance when I lost my job. Basically, if they can find a way not to give you something they will. And with evident pleasure.

Are you sure you want to permanently delete this culture? [Yes] [No]
post #59 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:12 AM
SAS Member

I do worry that little was done after 2016 to really reform the Democrats. You still have a lot of real life progressives saying they won't vote for a centrist/corporate Democrat. That they are just as bad, when that is far from the truth. And with 21 candidate now on the Democratic ballot, I worry it is overwhelming for people to have to try and choose based on a lot of criteria. And when the winner might get less than 30% of the Democratic vote, this can influence the outcome.

Quote:
....and the poo issue in San Francistern? Fake news?! HA!
San Francisco smells like waste and the Governor is in El Salvador preaching about poverty! I wish I could make this stuff up!

Alternative facts?!
Have you ever been to San Francisco? If you did you would know the truth and it isn't nearly as bad as the propaganda that you believe hook, line, and sinker makes it out to be. It is actually better run than many of the conservative places the people going there are fleeing from.
post #60 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:19 AM
The Groat King

Chomsky eloquently sums up the whole corrupt system in 10 minutes.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page