Does Hitler Scare you ? How could one man cause such a disaster ? - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 03:16 AM
In Liquidation
 
Blue Dino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 6,102
Quote:
His popularity obviously came from the results he was achieving, which I guess was good enough for the German population. He (i.e. his party) managed to turn around the economy in record time, and so his methods could only be logically approved by the beneficiaries. Especially within a culture that strongly believes in efficiency and order.
I think this is kind of the answer of the thread.

Quote:
In conclusion I think you're all wrong it's not fear or stupidity that allows these sort of crimes. It's the belief of moral superiority that allows people to excuse themselves from vile acts that in their mind is justifiable.
Yeah I think many people often hold the belief of moral superiority to positively reinforce themselves, but lack the motivation to carry forth it themselves unless they have a that someone to help push them and inspire them to carry forward. In Hitler's case, he is the charismatic motivation and inspirational leader in doing so.
Also kind of a similar thing with North Korea regime now, but instead of a charismatic leader, it is mostly a regime that thrives on fear and punishment if they don't conform.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

If I fail to adapt to the fault of others, it is my fault.
Blue Dino is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 11:33 AM
SAS Member
 
Ohhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 2,228
My Mood: Tired
I highly recommend reading some left wing literature of the time, they very much warned of everything that was coming to pass, and gave pretty insightful views on it.
You can find a lot of good stuff here dating back to the 1920s; https://www.marxists.org/subject/fascism/index.htm

Clare Zetkin showed a good understanding of the rise of fascism in 1923;
"Fascism is a characteristic symptom of decay in this period, an expression of the ongoing dissolution of the capitalist economy and the decomposition of the bourgeois state. Fascism is rooted above all in the impact of the imperialist war and the heightened and accelerated dislocation of the capitalist economy that it caused among broad layers of the small and middle bourgeoisie, the small peasantry, and the “intelligentsia.” This process dashed the hopes of these layers by demolishing their previous conditions of life and the degree of security they had previously enjoyed. Many in these social layers are also disillusioned regarding their vague expectations of a profound improvement in society through reformist socialism."

"have I not reason to hate and to despise myself? Indeed I do; and chiefly for not having hated and despised the world enough."
~William Hazlitt

"There have been times when only a hair's-breadth has intervened betwixt myself and the seething devil-ridden world of madness; for the hideous knowledge, the horror- blackened memories which I have carried so long, were never meant to be borne by the human intellect."
~Clark Ashton Smith
Ohhai is offline  
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 07:13 AM
Is that what day it is?
 
Nonsensical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nowhereville
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 7,925
My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhai View Post
I highly recommend reading some left wing literature of the time, they very much warned of everything that was coming to pass, and gave pretty insightful views on it.
You can find a lot of good stuff here dating back to the 1920s; https://www.marxists.org/subject/fascism/index.htm

Clare Zetkin showed a good understanding of the rise of fascism in 1923;
"Fascism is a characteristic symptom of decay in this period, an expression of the ongoing dissolution of the capitalist economy and the decomposition of the bourgeois state. Fascism is rooted above all in the impact of the imperialist war and the heightened and accelerated dislocation of the capitalist economy that it caused among broad layers of the small and middle bourgeoisie, the small peasantry, and the “intelligentsia.” This process dashed the hopes of these layers by demolishing their previous conditions of life and the degree of security they had previously enjoyed. Many in these social layers are also disillusioned regarding their vague expectations of a profound improvement in society through reformist socialism."


Quote:
In the Marxist view, the problem is not the attitude of the outside world, but rather in the essence of Judaism, which is according to Marx, "Huckstering and its preconditions" and which is is an intrinsic part of Judaism, found in the "Penateuch and the Talmud." We can recognize that all of the above are vulgar racism of the worst sort. It suited Marx, whose grandfather was a rabbi, to believe that his conversion and assimilation had eliminated these obnoxious traits from his own character. The communist revolution would magically solve the Jewish problem, just as it would magically solve everything else.
The left was certainly not the sole source of Jew-hate in Europe. Rather, hatred of the Jews colored every aspect of European culture. If there was an enlightenment movement, it had to be tinged with Jew-Hate, since the people who made it up, especially Voltaire, hated Jews. If there was a nationalist movement, it had to be anti-Semitic too. On the left, Marx was certainly not the sole source of anti-Semitism, nor the most virulent. In a foretaste of Nazi ideology, the leading French socialist, Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, wrote in 1847:
This race poisons everything by meddling everywhere without ever joining itself to another people. Demand their expulsion from France, with the exception of individuals married to Frenchwomen. Abolish the synagogues; do not admit them to any kind of employment, pursue finally the abolition of this cult... The Jew is the enemy of the human race. One must send this race back to Asia or exterminate it... By fire or fusion or by expulsion, the Jew must disappear... What the peoples of the middle ages hated by instinct I hate upon reflection and irrevocably.
Mikhail Bakhunin, the anarchist, wrote:
When I insist on speaking frankly in expressing my ultimate opinion on the Jews, I know that I am thereby exposing myself to terrible danger. Many people share my viewpoint regarding the Jews, although very few are found to be willing to express that viewpoint in public, due to the fact that the Jewish sect constitutes a mighty force in Europe today. The Jewish sect reigns despotically in commerce, in banking, it has seized control of three-quarters of German journalism, and it has grabbed a huge portion of the journalistic trade in other countries as well. Woe, then, to that man who has the clumsiness to rub Jewry the wrong way! (Study of the German Jews, 1869)
The notion that it is necessary to placate the supposedly all-powerful Jews, and that those who criticize Jews or Israel are subject to terrible imaginary persecutions, permeates anti-Semitic and anti-Zionist propaganda, where it is always, paradoxically, embedded in the most demoniacal accusations against Jews or Zionists. Of course, Bakhunin did not heed his own advice, and was singularly unafraid to "rub Jewry the wrong way." Bakhunin criticized Marx because Marx was Jewish.
http://www.zionism-israel.com/his/Ma...tisemitism.htm

Quote:
The Great Purge or the Great Terror (Russian: Большой террор) was a campaign of political repression in the Soviet Union which occurred from 1936 to 1938.[6] It involved a large-scale purge of the Communist Party and government officials, repression of kulaks (affluent peasants) and the Red Army leadership, widespread police surveillance, suspicion of saboteurs, counter-revolutionaries, imprisonment, and arbitrary executions.[7][8] Historians estimate the total number of deaths due to Stalinist repression in 1937–38 to be between 680,000 and 1,200,000[1][2] In the Western world, Robert Conquest's 1968 book The Great Terror popularized that phrase. Conquest's title was in turn an allusion to the period called the Reign of Terror during the French Revolution (French: la Terreur, and, from June to July 1794, la Grande Terreur, the Great Terror).[9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge

of course there's also holdomor https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Nonsensical is offline  
 
post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 10:39 PM
SAS Member
 
crimeclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 9,964
I'm looking through the sections regarding the Soviet Union, anti-semitism, and anti-zionism and I'm seeing a lot of stuff that's been debunked by Jewish writers and historians over the last 100 years, not all of it but a decent amount of it. Btw a website called zionist-israel probably isn't going to be your best source for info on the history of Jews and Marxism. If you're actually interested in this I can recommend dozens of sources of info provided by Jewish people from back then in the 1920s to today.
crimeclub is offline  
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 12:34 PM
Is that what day it is?
 
Nonsensical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nowhereville
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 7,925
My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeclub View Post
I'm looking through the sections regarding the Soviet Union, anti-semitism, and anti-zionism and I'm seeing a lot of stuff that's been debunked by Jewish writers and historians over the last 100 years, not all of it but a decent amount of it. Btw a website called zionist-israel probably isn't going to be your best source for info on the history of Jews and Marxism. If you're actually interested in this I can recommend dozens of sources of info provided by Jewish people from back then in the 1920s to today.
In the perfect collective there is only one god, and jewish peoples are not culturally suitable to worship that god.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Nonsensical is offline  
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 12:39 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 37
Not all Jewish people are religious are even if they were, don't necessarily practice it.
The-Hidden-Truth is offline  
post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 01:00 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhai View Post
I highly recommend reading some left wing literature of the time, they very much warned of everything that was coming to pass, and gave pretty insightful views on it.
You can find a lot of good stuff here dating back to the 1920s; https://www.marxists.org/subject/fascism/index.htm

Clare Zetkin showed a good understanding of the rise of fascism in 1923;
"Fascism is a characteristic symptom of decay in this period, an expression of the ongoing dissolution of the capitalist economy and the decomposition of the bourgeois state. Fascism is rooted above all in the impact of the imperialist war and the heightened and accelerated dislocation of the capitalist economy that it caused among broad layers of the small and middle bourgeoisie, the small peasantry, and the “intelligentsia.” This process dashed the hopes of these layers by demolishing their previous conditions of life and the degree of security they had previously enjoyed. Many in these social layers are also disillusioned regarding their vague expectations of a profound improvement in society through reformist socialism."


Quote:
In the Marxist view, the problem is not the attitude of the outside world, but rather in the essence of Judaism, which is according to Marx, "Huckstering and its preconditions" and which is is an intrinsic part of Judaism, found in the "Penateuch and the Talmud." We can recognize that all of the above are vulgar racism of the worst sort. It suited Marx, whose grandfather was a rabbi, to believe that his conversion and assimilation had eliminated these obnoxious traits from his own character. The communist revolution would magically solve the Jewish problem, just as it would magically solve everything else.
The left was certainly not the sole source of Jew-hate in Europe. Rather, hatred of the Jews colored every aspect of European culture. If there was an enlightenment movement, it had to be tinged with Jew-Hate, since the people who made it up, especially Voltaire, hated Jews. If there was a nationalist movement, it had to be anti-Semitic too. On the left, Marx was certainly not the sole source of anti-Semitism, nor the most virulent. In a foretaste of Nazi ideology, the leading French socialist, Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, wrote in 1847:
This race poisons everything by meddling everywhere without ever joining itself to another people. Demand their expulsion from France, with the exception of individuals married to Frenchwomen. Abolish the synagogues; do not admit them to any kind of employment, pursue finally the abolition of this cult... The Jew is the enemy of the human race. One must send this race back to Asia or exterminate it... By fire or fusion or by expulsion, the Jew must disappear... What the peoples of the middle ages hated by instinct I hate upon reflection and irrevocably.
Mikhail Bakhunin, the anarchist, wrote:
When I insist on speaking frankly in expressing my ultimate opinion on the Jews, I know that I am thereby exposing myself to terrible danger. Many people share my viewpoint regarding the Jews, although very few are found to be willing to express that viewpoint in public, due to the fact that the Jewish sect constitutes a mighty force in Europe today. The Jewish sect reigns despotically in commerce, in banking, it has seized control of three-quarters of German journalism, and it has grabbed a huge portion of the journalistic trade in other countries as well. Woe, then, to that man who has the clumsiness to rub Jewry the wrong way! (Study of the German Jews, 1869)
The notion that it is necessary to placate the supposedly all-powerful Jews, and that those who criticize Jews or Israel are subject to terrible imaginary persecutions, permeates anti-Semitic and anti-Zionist propaganda, where it is always, paradoxically, embedded in the most demoniacal accusations against Jews or Zionists. Of course, Bakhunin did not heed his own advice, and was singularly unafraid to "rub Jewry the wrong way." Bakhunin criticized Marx because Marx was Jewish.
http://www.zionism-israel.com/his/Ma...tisemitism.htm

Quote:
The Great Purge or the Great Terror (Russian: Большой террор) was a campaign of political repression in the Soviet Union which occurred from 1936 to 1938.[6] It involved a large-scale purge of the Communist Party and government officials, repression of kulaks (affluent peasants) and the Red Army leadership, widespread police surveillance, suspicion of saboteurs, counter-revolutionaries, imprisonment, and arbitrary executions.[7][8] Historians estimate the total number of deaths due to Stalinist repression in 1937–38 to be between 680,000 and 1,200,000[1][2] In the Western world, Robert Conquest's 1968 book The Great Terror popularized that phrase. Conquest's title was in turn an allusion to the period called the Reign of Terror during the French Revolution (French: la Terreur, and, from June to July 1794, la Grande Terreur, the Great Terror).[9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge

of course there's also holdomor https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor
Is your issue that the Jews were quite rich.
The-Hidden-Truth is offline  
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 01:37 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Fernando View Post
Propoganda (look at posters, etc). He made them out that culture to be nasty, big nosed, corrupt. Which for some familes of that culture is true. Basically by that culture doing those corruptu acts it just reinforced his propoganda.

Just listen to these soldiers to see what I mean about how they were affected by the propoganda and how they viewed Stalin, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQdDnbXXn20

Not hard to understand how it got so big. They thought they were removing the world of evil that would hurt people of their own country. Probably not far from the truth, but wrong way théy did it.

Allies used reverse propoganda stating they were that, evil.

Both sides think are doing right in their own way.

Allies just had more men, resources is to why they won.

Same propoganda being used in the US elections, etc. Just some might not notice it.
Oh boy.
. Totally, the mentality
The-Hidden-Truth is offline  
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 02:59 PM
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 17,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Hidden-Truth View Post
. Totally, the mentality
Just look at what Stalins troops did in retaliation for invading Russia to German citizens and it's not hard to understand that it just reinforced what they were told and wasn't far from the truth.

Two wrongs don't make a right as they say.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 04:03 PM
loser
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Gender: Male
Age: 36
Posts: 323
Hitler wasn't the first to inspire thousands of people to do horrible things and he won't be the last. In fact the exact same thing is happening as we speak with ISIS. They have thousands of die hard followers who would massacre anyone on the spot who isn't living by their rules and believes.
conantheworthless is offline  
post #51 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 02:31 PM
Is that what day it is?
 
Nonsensical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nowhereville
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 7,925
My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Hidden-Truth View Post
Is your issue that the Jews were quite rich.
No? Anti-semitism was rampant among marxist as well and they also committed genocide. That was my only point.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Nonsensical is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome