BREAKING: Kim Jong Un calls off missile attack on Guam - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Brooding
Exclamation

BREAKING: Kim Jong Un calls off missile attack on Guam

North Korea Backs Off Guam Missile-Attack Threat

Kim Jong Un warns he could change his mind if the U.S. persists in ‘extremely dangerous reckless actions’

https://www.wsj.com/articles/north-k...eat-1502751054

By Jonathan Cheng

Aug. 14, 2017 6:50 p.m. ET

SEOUL—North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has decided not to launch a threatened missile attack on Guam, Pyongyang’s state media reported on Tuesday, but warned that he could change his mind “if the Yankees persist in their extremely dangerous reckless actions.”

The report, published early Tuesday, could help dial back tensions that had spiraled last week following an exchange of threats between North Korea and U.S. President Donald Trump.

Mr. Trump warned Pyongyang last week that the U.S. military was “locked and loaded” and could engulf the North in “fire and fury,” while North Korea, through its state media, had threatened to fire four missiles in a bid to surround the U.S. territory of Guam in “enveloping fire.”

North Korean state media said in its report Tuesday that Mr. Kim had made his decision not to fire on Guam after visiting a military command post and examining a military plan presented to him by his senior officers.

While Mr. Kim said he had decided not to launch the attack on Guam yet, he advised the U.S. “to take into full account” whether the current standoff was to its benefit. He also said it was incumbent on the U.S. to “stop at once arrogant provocations against the DPRK and unilateral demands and not provoke it any longer,” using an abbreviation for the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, the formal name for North Korea.

“If the Yankees persist in their extremely dangerous reckless actions on the Korean Peninsula and in its vicinity, testing the self-restraint of the DPRK, the [North] will make an important decision as it already declared,” the report quoted Mr. Kim as saying.

Mr. Kim added that the planned launch could still be carried out at any moment, and said that such a strike would be a “most delightful historic moment” that would “wring the windpipes of the Yankees and point daggers at their necks.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 08:05 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
Uh oh. What's Trump going to use now to distract from the Russia investigation.

Beneficiary of 52 infractions and 5 warnings.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Brooding
All those whiny Liberals that were complaining Trump was talking "too tough" need to go out and treat themselves to a big helping of crow. Don't forget your dinner fork is on your Left.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 08:57 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis View Post
Don't forget your dinner fork is on your Left.
What are you a heathen. The dinner fork is on your right.

Beneficiary of 52 infractions and 5 warnings.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 09:19 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDamMan View Post
What are you a heathen. The dinner fork is on your right.
Would Emily Post's approval be the highlight of your life?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 09:25 PM
Geese

Location: The place where everything is trying to kill you (Australia)
My Mood: Relaxed
You mean the attack which was never going to happen isn't going to happen????

Your 100% in anything, even if you're not the best at it, is a success.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 09:32 PM
SAS Member

I don't care what caused it but it's good news. Things were getting a little uncertain there for a minute. Anyone remember the SAS user who went to school in Switzerland with Kim Jong Un? Come to think of it might have been his brother he knew from school mostly. If I remember most on here didn't seem to believe him since they didn't believe Un would have attended school outside of North Korea. But I guess it's pretty much now widely accepted that he did attend school in Switzerland.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 09:42 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis View Post
All those whiny Liberals that were complaining Trump was talking "too tough" need to go out and treat themselves to a big helping of crow. Don't forget your dinner fork is on your Left.
Huh? Kim Jong Un has been making threats that he failed to carry out forever. Nothing is new. Few believed he would actually launch missiles over Japan that would land near Guam.

Trump is just getting himself into a game of chicken with a mad man. Trump is a real estate guy of limited intelligence who is now way over is head. I just pray for my friends in South Korea that Trump doesn't get them killed.

“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.”

― Kurt Vonnegut
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 09:53 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelClare View Post
Huh? Kim Jong Un has been making threats that he failed to carry out forever. Nothing is new. Few believed he would actually launch missiles over Japan that would land near Guam.
If we are to believe our intelligence services and the media(who probably just takes what they say on face value) the thing that has changed is NK has missiles that actually work and nuclear warheads so it's not so much fun to joke about anymore. Don't know if it's really true but it's out there that he got really drunk and ordered the execution of his uncles... is there anyone there to stop him from getting really drunk and launching some missiles? I mean other than Dennis Rodman...
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 10:22 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
If we are to believe our intelligence services and the media(who probably just takes what they say on face value) the thing that has changed is NK has missiles that actually work and nuclear warheads so it's not so much fun to joke about anymore. Don't know if it's really true but it's out there that he got really drunk and ordered the execution of his uncles... is there anyone there to stop him from getting really drunk and launching some missiles? I mean other than Dennis Rodman...
Seoul, a city of 10 million, has been within range of North Korean artillery forever.

At some point the North Korean government will collapse. Hopefully, that happens before some nuclear catastrophe. It makes no sense to start a war to prevent a war that may never happen.

“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.”

― Kurt Vonnegut
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 10:44 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Seoul, a city of 10 million, has been within range of North Korean artillery forever.

At some point the North Korean government will collapse. Hopefully, that happens before some nuclear catastrophe. It makes no sense to start a war to prevent a war that may never happen.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no warmonger. Any preemptive attack would most likely lead to North Korea attacking the south and would be a catastrophe. I don't really see any end to the situation though, it's been this way for over 60 years.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 01:41 AM

Guam has delicious cookies
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 02:40 AM
MAGA

Trump said the right things. He had to say something in response to the media news about the new nuclear weapon capability of N.Korea, concerning national security. The left leaning media and those who still don't accept Trump as the legitimate president are going to attack him in any case and any outcome of the rhetoric anyways.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 04:50 AM
Doing my own thing

My Mood: Fine
Quote:

As long as China keeps it running (and it will because it doesn't want Americans getting any closer) they will be fine,
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 05:51 AM
SAS Member

I'm just posting a lot of pictures today, don't mind me.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 02:17 PM
SAS Member

Thanks Kim, seeya next year.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page