whats going on with me? - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
99x
SAS Member

whats going on with me?

For the past 2 weeks I've been getting a strange feeling. Normally I'd say I'm pretty stable and that I just have to deal with SA but sometimes I'll feel something different, which is what I'm feeling now. Its really been years since I've felt this. It feels like I'm panicing and that I have to do something. I don't know what I have to do but I just feel that theres something I need to do and do it right away. I've been trying to calm myself but it doesn't work for long. To make things even more odd I feel really disconnected from everything. Like in a semi dream state. This is probably the strangest part, feels like I'm dreaming. The only positive part of it is I feel really really creative, like I can come up with ideas really easily. I feel consumed by it. I think its been triggered by recent events that I've taken pretty hard, friends, family, love or lack there of..stress from school..Its like when alot of things go wrong my state of mind gets thrown out of whack. One second I can be overly confident, the next I can be feeling apart ready to cry..I was diagnosed years ago with bipolar disorder but I felt like I 'grew out of it' bbut now with everything going on I feel like those old feelings are coming back..what do you guys think, I need some feedback from the perspective of others. I think I;m going to have to talk to my doc about this next time i see him...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Super Beaver

Re: whats going on with me?

That sounds like me when I'm hypomanic. Def worth talking to a dr about.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 02:40 PM
She-Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mserychic
That sounds like me when I'm hypomanic. Def worth talking to a dr about.
yeah same here.

and you can't just 'grow out of' bipolar disorder, if you have it you should definitly be treating it, probably with medication.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 07:43 PM
kev
SAS Member

Sometimes these experiences are a blessing in disguise. Maybe you are on the verge of making a significant change in your life? You should see a doctor to sort things out but don't ignore the feelings entirely.

I think there is a difference between depression and sadness. Sadness can actually be very healthy though painful (bereavement for example). Depression on the other hand is meaningless, it makes you suffer for no good reason. It's hard to tell which you are experiencing.

Get some fresh air. It will do you good.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99x
For the past 2 weeks I've been getting a strange feeling. Normally I'd say I'm pretty stable and that I just have to deal with SA but sometimes I'll feel something different, which is what I'm feeling now. Its really been years since I've felt this. It feels like I'm panicing and that I have to do something. I don't know what I have to do but I just feel that theres something I need to do and do it right away. I've been trying to calm myself but it doesn't work for long. To make things even more odd I feel really disconnected from everything. Like in a semi dream state. This is probably the strangest part, feels like I'm dreaming. The only positive part of it is I feel really really creative, like I can come up with ideas really easily. I feel consumed by it. I think its been triggered by recent events that I've taken pretty hard, friends, family, love or lack there of..stress from school..Its like when alot of things go wrong my state of mind gets thrown out of whack. One second I can be overly confident, the next I can be feeling apart ready to cry..I was diagnosed years ago with bipolar disorder but I felt like I 'grew out of it' bbut now with everything going on I feel like those old feelings are coming back..what do you guys think, I need some feedback from the perspective of others. I think I;m going to have to talk to my doc about this next time i see him...
It sounds like you're having a hypomania/depression combination thing going on. Do you have bi-polar 1 or 2? You should talk to your doctor and let him know how your moods have been shifting. Maybe they need to change your meds or your dosage (if you're taking them). Hope you feel better! Keep us updated!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
99x
SAS Member

thanks for the responses

I'm not sure if I was diagnosed bipolar 1 or 2, I just remember my doctor telling me I had bipolar disorder but I didn't really agree with him and I still don't. My moods don't last for a long time but they shift from day to day. I talked to my new doctor about this and he says I might have cyclothymia which from what I've read seems more accurate. But really I'm not so interested on putting a name to whatever Im feeling because I'm more concerned with just controlling the moods that have interfered with family, friends and everything else for as long as I can remember. My doctor decided that since I've already tried almost 8 or 9 different antidepressants that we're going to try a mood stabilizer. I'm taking Lamictal now and I'm pretty opimistic about it since others have had alot of success. Its only my first week and on a low dosage so I can't tell you whether or not its working yet. I'll keep everyone updated

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page