Unsatisfied - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Unsatisfied

Lately I've just been unsatisfied with everything, I don't even find joy in my favorite hobbies anymore. I keep trying to do drastic things to make me feel alive (like change my hair, clothes, makeup), but it's all fleeting. I am in a long-term relationship with someone I love, but it's no longer romantic, it's just a care and affection type of love. I feel lonely even when I'm with him and he's not so obsequious like he used to be when he was courting me.
I don't even want to hang out with my friends anymore, I'll find any excuse to say I can't make it. I feel misunderstood half the time whenever I open my mouth and I have no support. I've been off anxiety medication for about a year and a half now. It felt so liberating to be able to go out in public again and talk to people without panicking, but I feel like a slow regression is occurring now. I get depressed rather easily now, way faster then when my social anxiety was prominent. Is this a relapse? What's going on and what can I do to stop it? Is this perhaps something else?
I'm turning 21 in February, I know it's a long way off but I'm kinda scared I might become an alcoholic (I know that's such a weird thing to think about.lol) even though I don't have an addictive personality, hate the taste of alcoholic beverages, and the idea of drinking to ease pain in general. I might become something I'm disgusted by out of desperation. Any advice is welcome, I seem to gain clarity from differing opinions. Thanks in advance.

(>___>) --> o(TT^TT)0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014, 05:39 PM
SAS Member

You described almost exactly how I feel. I'm completely dissatisfied with life. I feel like I'm just existing. I ignore my friends to the point of alienation despite the fact that I once relied on them so much. I'm very depressed. Much more so than when my SA was very bad. Sorry I don't have any advice. I guess I just appreciate the fact that someone else knows what this feels like.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 11:07 AM
SAS Member

That's pretty much similar to mine story.Iam not happy with my life and dont find joy in anything.I am losing my focus and dont find anything interesting.I'm so depressed.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page