Took A Shower Today - Page 7 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #121 of 1119 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 06:19 PM
UnDeRrAtED

Language: SPanish and English fluently
I cant go without showering in this scorchering heat. no way.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence and than success is sure," Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 1119 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Permanently Banned

IVE EBEN slack on the showeirng...i mean i started doing it everyday,but its so hot within 30 minutes ismell like **** again
post #123 of 1119 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpless View Post
Not much news to report, except I am still showering about every day, including today.

I have been using under arm deoderants, but they cause a very severe itch, so I've had to give them up.

Well, at least one brand, Right Guard. I just started a stick of it, and the horrible itching started. I don't think I had it with another brand I had run out of. I use those sticks to where they are just about 1/2 inch or so long, and they keep falling off of their stem, & I finally can't get that last 1/2 inch or so applied.

I think have another brand of de-oderant, I'l try, and if it doesn't work, I'll go back to that brand I've worn down to about 1/2 inch. I have 2 of those sticks.

I also use Brut cologne, which I'd always thot of as a high priced cologne, but actually, it's one of the lower priced ones.

Also, I'm planning to get some repairs made to my shower and bathroom floor, so some of my worries about that problem will be solved (well, let's hope the repairs won't be too expensive. I have a fear they might be).

Once those problems with my bathroom are solved, I'll feel more at ease keeping clean.

The diverter that directs the water from the bathtub spout to the shower occasionally becomes very hard to lift, but I've found that putting on plumbing grease (about the consistency of vaseline, but a little thicker, and more white in color), solves the problem.

After applying it to the inside of the bathtub spout and the shaft of the shower diverter, it is amazing how well the shower diverter works.

I had wondered if a spray lube would be better & easier to apply, & asked a friend, but he said no, that a spray might be water based, & would cause more corrosion problems, and the plumbing grease I'm using is water resistant, and just putting it into the bathtub spout and shower diverter shaft with my fingers was adequate.

I hope this rather long post will be helpful to other folks out there.

I think just doing a post every time I shower, is wasting space on the board, and by mentioning some of these other matters, I can keep the thread intersting.
glad to see you arent homeless

post #124 of 1119 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I'm finally making an effort to find out what kind of repairs my bathroom floor needs, (I did shower today).

I greatly fear that the repairs will be extremely expensive, & I can't afford them.

Also, the flooboards in the entrance hall of my condo seem a little soft in one or 2 places, & when I see the floor repair man, I'll have him check them too.

I just hope that somehow it won't be too expensive.

Got a circular in the mail about some comany repairing bathrooms that says they can do so without having to demolish your bathroom.

Anyone here have any experience with bathroom floors, and other room floors of their house needing repairs?

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #125 of 1119 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 06:49 PM
SAS Member

I hear that alot of shampoos and anti-dandruff shampoos actually help promote the chances of getting greasier hair quicker and dandruff again. (Just on a side-note)
I shower everyday or every second day. I usually keep a 24-36hour limit on my showers, like if I showered the night before I won't have to shower till the night or morning/afternoon. If this pattern is broken for some reason.. I'll FREAK. I'll become really unsettled in my skin, I will hate myself and the thought of anyone seeing me with greasy hair would make me cry. I will be depressed and upset until I get a shower.
Sooo... hearing someone go even a week without a shower makes me want to throw-up! It's sick though. I can't see how anyone can respect/love themselves without basic hygiene.
post #126 of 1119 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Now that the weather has cooloed off, and I'm not sweating off, I am going for days at a tme without showering.

Just wanted to keep this thread alive, & let all you other SASers out there know I'm alive & well.

Any of you others showering less, now that the summer is slowly ending?

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #127 of 1119 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 07:19 PM
UnDeRrAtED

Language: SPanish and English fluently
yep. i would shower at least three times a day with the extreme heat during the summer time. now i shower once a day.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence and than success is sure," Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------
post #128 of 1119 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 07:19 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeedHelp911 View Post
I haven't showered in over 6 weeks.
So I guess you're more of a bath man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichick View Post
I don't like scales. If you can imagine what a model looks like, then that's me.

And not some cheap ***** amateur "model" at 5'6 with average feautures just using their youth and body to make their worth seem inflated.

Like, an actual model.
post #129 of 1119 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I did shower today. Have been turning on my hot water heater intermittently to save electric expenses.

Turnnign it on 1/2 hour usually gives enoough hot water to last 2 days, but it's been 3 days since I last turned it on, but the watere wasn't really too cold, but not warm.

Anyone here sit down, or lie down in a bath tub?

I had thot about doing that in 2007, and scrubbed the bath tub up real good, but never found the time to use the bath tub.

Just am in too much of a hurry for it.

On the old Tom Snyder Tomorrow TV show (1 Am), the late Mr. Snyder said peopole who watched his show were shower people who didn't have time for tub baths, and he certainly was right at about me, at least.

One of my cousins said a bathtub without a tub is useless.

But, since this thread is concerned with bodily cleanliness, those who do take tub baths should feel free to add any input they might have.

To me, you need to shower, after a tub bath, to get the dirty water from the bathtub off of you fro head to feet.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #130 of 1119 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 03:41 PM
SAS Member

I am a shower person, and I never used to skip showers. Lately I have though, and I am disgusted with myself when I do. I don't like people to see me this way. It's been over 48 hours since my last shower, (or facewash/teeth brushing - ew). I do plan to take one in the next hour. I'm all about hygiene, really - I feel more myself when I'm clean. It's more laziness with me, or wanting to do other things. Sometimes it just seems like a waste of time to get a shower, but I wouldn't go out like this, other than to the corner gas station or whatever. I live at home, and it's embarrassing for my family to see me this way.

If I take baths, it's usually because I'm in a HURRY, not the other way around. That way, I can skip washing my hair if I need to/can get away with it, but still get my body halfway clean. I feel just as clean physically when I take a bath, but mentally I am aware of the fact that I just rinsed myself in semi dirty water.

On another note, I hate when people try to cover body odor with perfume/cologne. Not only do most scents smell like piss, covering a bad smell with a sickly sweet one tends to make it worse... just saying.
post #131 of 1119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 09:25 AM
ANxiouS ANXIOUS anxious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptunus View Post
Little by little...
yep

"Eckhart saw Hell too. He said: The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life, your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you, he said. They're freeing your soul. So, if you're frightened of dying and... and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth."
post #132 of 1119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Temporarily Banned

My Mood: Angelic
I shower once a day - even with my constant running.

Now, brushing my teeth is something I need to work on - as I type this, I am still novocained from having a filling replaced, and an additional filling on the same tooth! It's bonded now, so I should not have any more problems. That tool that glows in the dark is awesome .
post #133 of 1119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Confused

I never seem to emit any noticeable body odor... no one has ever told me that I smell. Hell, I've gone 2 weeks without washing before and no one has mentioned anything about it whatsoever or even seemed to notice, and I go to college every week day, no one steers clear of me or acts weirdly around me.

I must do my hair every other day though.

- The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes. But don't be afraid, you hold the most powerful weapon of all. -
post #134 of 1119 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Lost

When I am extremely depressed, I do nothing.

Laugh your heart out
Dance in the rain
Cherish the memories
Ignore the pain
Love and learn
Forget and forgive
Because remember you
Have only one life
To live
post #135 of 1119 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Glad to see milleniumman75 posting, & also some newcomers I am not familiar with.

I did shower today. I still haven't shampooed or done any laundry in I don't know how long.

Just wanted to let any of you who care, that I am still alive and well, & functioing as well as some SAs can function.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #136 of 1119 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 04:07 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpless View Post
I did shower today. I still haven't shampooed or done any laundry in I don't know how long.

Just wanted to let any of you who care, that I am still alive and well, & functioing as well as some SAs can function.
Glad that you are still functioning as well as you can and that you are still alive and well.
post #137 of 1119 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 01:07 AM
SAS Member

I can get into the black hole of not wanting to shower daily. I just think to myself that I'll have to do it all over again tomorrow so what's the point today? Same deal with haircuts ... I've been trimming my own hair lately because I just don't want to go out and talk to a hairdresser.

Good for you though, lets try to keep it up! One day at a time.
post #138 of 1119 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 02:14 AM
She-Wolf

At my worse (in terms of depression), showering was too much effort and seemed pointless if I wasn't going to be doing anything or be around people. There were at least a couple weeks where I definitely didn't shower but also didn't wash my face, change my clothes and didn't brush my teeth enough. I think I've gone much longer without showering. I was too depressed at the time to do any of that.

Now when I don't shower often enough it's more out of laziness than anything. Most people would probably find it pretty bad that I don't shower as often as everyone claims to but I keep body parts that need it clean daily and my hygiene is pretty much fine. I find it sort of amusing that I live with someone (sharing a bed and all) yet I shower less often than I ever have (not counting depressive episodes of course).

Anyway hope all is going well helpless

(I'm surprised I haven't posted in this thread before)
post #139 of 1119 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Well, I suppose my last shower was on October 27, altho it might be possible I have showered again since then, but doubt it.

Here it is, November 7, so that's well into 2 weeks since my last shower.

I have not shampooed in I dont know how long, and the darndruff is getting horrible, head and beard, which is getting longer and longer, & I really do not like long beards.

Have procrastinated on cleaning out bathroom sink J Trap or P Trap, dont' know whch it is, but hope to do so before too much longer.

Just wondering, do many of you other SAS board members know how to clean out a P or J trap under a sink, or do any of you hae to call a plumber when a dran is very slow to drain, or stopped up completely?

Right now my bathroom drain is in the very slow draining sage, but is not stopped up completely.

I did brush my teeth first time today, probly first time in a week or so.

Am going to try to brush more regularly. I have hypersensitive teeth.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #140 of 1119 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I'm hoping to shower & shampoo before too much longer, but last week, I did trim down my hermit like beard, which was the longest I've ever gown it.

I also have brushed my teeth twice a day (since I have class 4 perio disease, isolated to only 2 third molasrs I'm glad to say).

Sad to say, for the first time ever, I've recently had gingivitis.

I would say it has most likely been broguht on by my recent excessive use of soda pop, which I didn't drink for many years, and only occasionally, but recently excessively.

I do plan to keep up my flossing & brushing my teeth once a day, plus brushing them a second time without flossing, as is reccommended for those with perio disease.

Dental hygeniest told me brushing my gums would help with the gingivitis, but I don't think I mentioned the soda pop to her.

Any input on gingivitis & perio disease from you other members, would be appreciated.

Once An SA, Always an SA

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page