Took A Shower Today - Page 56 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1101 of 1119 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 02:02 PM
🐾

I recently got Dr. Bronners hemp peppermint multipurpose soap. There's something about the sharp and tingy sense it gives my body areas that I feel fresh for a whole week! It's good actually to go 1 week without a shower, ahh I can get closer to myself this way, especially in bed. One of the bathtubs in the house is abandoned, it's a beautiful tub, I feel bad for it, those were the days when my little bros were using it.

There's showers for everything, there's teeth brushing, washing hands, *** cleaning, laundry, dishwasher, watering plants, raining, drinking water, water is life! The human body is 80% water? The moon pulls water, the sun reflects the light on the moon back to earth, and the moon pulls us too because we're water. Tides in our bodies, tide back and forth over 1000 moons and feels like bipolar. Oh there's a Perseid meteor shower tonight!

A bidet would save my ***, if only, I have to use paper towels with water, I am not a toilet paper person at all. I enjoy smelling my skin before the showers, there's a certain sweet fragrance coming out sometimes and other times there's a weird earth smell coming out when I stay in the sun too long. I'm getting baked without any marijuana!

I like to use just normal soap too. I'd think people who use body soap liquid maybe don't want to go through the hassle of cleaning hairs off. I don't mind, cleaning, or better yet, just leave hairs on the soap so people can stay away from your personal shower. I do like liquid, it's like shampoo, it's very romantic, if you have two available hands.

I have some schizophrenia thoughts that someone's watching me taking showers, they're watching me now, and when I eat, they're watching me all the time! Especially when I am alone, I feel like someone is watching me. There could be some kind of creatures out there that I can't see within my own 5 human senses and in a different frequency of light. I know I can't trust my senses, there's so much more out there, a different life, that I can't see. Maybe if I want to believe in those things then it's not schizophrenia, maybe it's like people who choose to believe in God and angels. It's clairvoyance, telepathy, medium, supernatural, paranormal stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1102 of 1119 (permalink) Old 08-18-2020, 08:15 PM
🐾

****! No shower for 2 weeks now. It just doesn't come naturally to me anymore, I feel like a hobo! I'm starting to smell and feel weird burning sensations on my skin, hot flashes maybe! I think this is good, perhaps I'm becoming schizophrenic. This is good to keep people away from me, especially if they want to hang out and I hate them.

I could save money by showering once or twice a month and brushing teeth once a week. Anyway, maybe I am depressed and psychotic plus schizophrenic if I gave up on my life since the Pandemic. Woo hoo! Who would have thought it could come down to this!? If you look at it now; withdrawing from life, social isolation, loss of interest in life is very common and useful. It's a Pandemic way of life!

There was one time in college in my Astronomy class around 2014 I think, I was in my Prozac withdrawal moments and I went to class without brushing my teeth so as to avoid talking to anyone. Now looking back I'm like, what the hell was I thinking!? I was very 100% mute and got away with an A grade, I can't believe it.

Oh I also had this weird dream where I was jacking off in my dream and then I woke up and my subconscious got to work in real life and I was like, what the hell is going on here?! So in a way, I wanted to achieve pleasure and was only able to achieve it by waking up.
post #1103 of 1119 (permalink) Old 08-19-2020, 07:35 PM
🐾

Oh I finally allowed myself to shower last night, I can only go about 2 weeks without it seems. If I lose my shower I'll have to use a neighbor's garden hose. I hope they don't catch me cheating on their hose and wasting their water, or else I'll have to use the rain. Never taking a shower for granted never ever again. When you avoid things that make you human like eating, sex, love, family, showers, cuddling... you really see how much it kills you inside and causes social isolation and loss, even annihilation.

I read that there's a similarity between autism and schizophrenia especially when they mentioned infantile schizophrenia in Temple Grandin. Oh god why! But she's really cool, I wish to be like her. It's interesting to see how social and awkward she is, she's not mute. Most of these autistic people give speeches and Ted talks! Too much for me, I can only write aka hypergraphia.

post #1104 of 1119 (permalink) Old 08-22-2020, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Many thanks for 3 great posts, SwtSurrender!

Your hypergraphia is greatly appreciated,both by myself, and I'm sure many other people reading this thread.

With my return to jogging, and the weather so hot, I am now showering twice a day, first time, before I venture out of the shack, my job, and other business where I have to be around other people, necessitating that shower.

Then, after jogging around sunset time, another shower.

Have got an awful lot of household repair chores to do, so I'm busy all of my waking hours.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #1105 of 1119 (permalink) Old 08-22-2020, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Hope that everyone will enjoy this Great Shower Scene with Mamie Van Doren.

https://youtu.be/_zfB1p27Mgo

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #1106 of 1119 (permalink) Old 08-27-2020, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I am continuing to shower every day, although I have not jogged in the late afternoon so far this week.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #1107 of 1119 (permalink) Old 08-27-2020, 10:37 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Dead
yes i had a shower today nice and hot , am now dressed with pjs and t shirt ...
post #1108 of 1119 (permalink) Old 08-30-2020, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

That was good that you showered, ~UnDead~.

So far, I have not showered today.

I am extremely "paranoid"* about any outsiders coming into my dungeon, because it is in such disarray.

I work at a job, where the work is physical and tiring, and someone was scheduled to come into the dungeon Friday morning, so I got all of my work at my job completed by Wednesday after noon, and spent Thursday getting the shack/dungeon ready for the visit from the Outsider.

Probably the main problem is that I have, or had, a lot of my stuff scattered on the floor, limiting the floor space that I have to walk in, and that any outsiders coming in have to walk in.

Some paper stuff, such as junk mail, is on very slick paper, and a person, outsider, or myself, could slip and fall. So I got all of the junk mail put into plastic bags, and put onto shelves, and into closets, so the carpet covered floor was clear for me, or an outsider, to safely walk on (also, I had some tools that I use for automobile and household repair on the floor, and once, barefooted, I stepped on a claw hammer, resulting in a blood blister on the sole of my left foot. I got all of those tools gathered together and put into a container.

Next, the floor had to be vacuumed, the shower stall/bath-tub cleaned, as well as the bathroom sink, and the kitchen stove top.

All of this work on Thursday wore me out, but with the exception of some stains on the carpet that I hope to clean, and should have cleaned years ago, things looked OK.

I did have some persperation odor, but did not shower until later in the day. If the Outsider did notice the PO on myself, that is just too bad. While I do acknowledge that being around other people, I have to deodorize myself, and wear clean clothes, I feel that I do have the right to have perspiration odor in my own living space.

As long as intrusions into my shack/dungeon are scheduled ahead of time, no anxiety on my part, since I can, as a Boy Scout, "Be Prepared" for.

It is the unscheduled visits that really upset me, since, living in an apartment building, the managers do have a pass key which they give to the bug spray man, and, in one case, some electric clothes dryer inspectors, who I had not been alerted ahead of time were coming.

I got back from work one day, and walking up the stairs, was startled to see two men coming out of my apartment.

They had, of course used the pass key given them by the manager, to inspect the electric dryer lint exhaust ducts, in all of the apartment units. But, I had not been given any advance notice of this inspection, so it was quite a shock to me, as paranoid as I am.

And, I had to pay a fee for that inspection.

*The word, paranoid, is used rather loosely, simply meaning having a fear about something, and not a pathological condition requiring professional treatment. But, once I used that term before a doctor, saying I was paranoid about some disease, and she took my use of that word, very seriously, and asked, "are you getting treatment for your paranoia?"

Just goes to show that we all have to be careful what we say to other people.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #1109 of 1119 (permalink) Old 08-30-2020, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Sunday of last week, a week ago today, there was an unexpected visit from a census taker, but I had seen her arriving in her car, at the same time I also arrived in my car, and with her following me up the stairs, she told me it was my unit she needed to enumerate.

So, no ringing of the door bell. I, of course did not invite her into the dungeon, just told her to wait on the second staircase landing, while I got my Virus Protection mask, and at the top landing, there was the required 6, probably 8 feet of social distancing between us, and I answered the questions, and that was that.

While this is the "shower" thread, the general social anxiety situation of a filthy, disorderly person, socially isolated (and, even more so, with the Virus Scare, or Panic), who has had occasionally been told that people have complained about his perspiration odor, having people coming into his private living space, is, of course, quite relevant, since if you smell bad around other people away from your private living space, you will obviously smell bad in your living space, and being a filthy, disorderly person, people intruding into your private living space, can also see how you live, which is obviously something that you do not want them to see.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #1110 of 1119 (permalink) Old 09-01-2020, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I resumed my jogging today, after my last jog of August 21, 10 days of no joggiing.

I did shower after jogging, and did a load of laundry, some shirts in it having perspiration odor, and the laundry is now drying.

So, I'll have fresh smelling clothes tomorrow to go to work in.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #1111 of 1119 (permalink) Old 09-03-2020, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Did not jog yesterday afternoon, but was glad to have clean, fresh smelling clothes to wear to work.

Did shower today although not work, but will resume work tomorrow.

And, being free of perspiration odor does make being around other people without any worries, a good thing.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #1112 of 1119 (permalink) Old 09-07-2020, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I did not shower yesterday for the first time in a long time. I probably had a very slight bit of perspiration odor, but it wasn't too strong.

I left the Dungeon only one time.

I thought that Labor Day was Monday of last week.

But it is apparently today.

So, it is not the last Monday in August, but the first Monday in September?

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #1113 of 1119 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 10:41 PM
Permanently Banned

I hate showering. I just canít go that long without showering because the itchiness is unbearable. Iíve been showering every day because I keep scratching. Iíve been moisturizing and it doesnít help.
post #1114 of 1119 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

ThoughtsLeaveMeAlone, thanks for the post. I shower almost every day and it does not help with the constant itchiness I suffer from.

Sometimes I wonder if the laundry detergents I am using are cuasing the itch.

I am stocking up on athlete's foot cream for the itch.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #1115 of 1119 (permalink) Old 09-23-2020, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

After skipping showering for a day or two, today, I showered, and shampooed, something I have not done in a long time and should do more often. Still have plenty ofclean clothes, and none of my clothes have any perspiration odor on them.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #1116 of 1119 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I did shower today and yesterday.

I was planning to go about 30 miles to another town but it was too late in the day to do so, but I did the right thing by showering.

The bathtub/shower drain has got a lot of debris on it that needs to be cleaned off of it, although I have cleaned the shower stall walls a good bit lately.

One mistake that I made on moving into my condo is that the bath tub had a probably rubber mat on it, and at the time, I thought that I did not need it, and that it was causing more problems than doing me any good safety wise.

The glue that held it in place left a residue that looks very unsightly.

I think now that I would be safer and less prone to slipping, so I do plan to get a new mat, although it is possible that if I had left the one I pulled up in place all these years, it might be worn out by now and need replacing anyway.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #1117 of 1119 (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I showered yesterday before going to work, and also shampooed, and will shower again today before work, but plan not to shampo today.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #1118 of 1119 (permalink) Old 10-05-2020, 08:16 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Paranoid
I have to shower once a day, otherwise I get oily skin especially on my head and on my back which feels disgusting.
post #1119 of 1119 (permalink) Old 10-05-2020, 08:32 PM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
i don't want to shower today. i don't really need to

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. ― Mother Teresa

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page