Took A Shower Today - Page 55 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1081 of 1089 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 02:56 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpless View Post
Lily, I'm glad you showered, but sorry you didn't feel motivated due to the meds you are taking.

I know a lot of people here on the board are looking for drug solutions, although I think that, in my case at least, drugs are not going to do much to help me.

I do use a bit of diazepam, 5 mg tablets which I usually break in half, taking a half, then another half an hour or more later.

Often times the diazepam makes me feel motivated and I work on many chores and projects which I would otherwise feel too depressed to do.

Other times the diazepam puts me to sleep, but I wake up feeling very motivated and energized to get to work.

But, occasionally, I do wake up after going to sleep from diazepam, and don't feel very good.

I've found that with all kinds of drugs, that the effects can often be contradictory.

From your post, I have no idea what kind of meds you are taking, and how or why they might make you feel unmotivated to do things.

Most of the meds I take are for my blood pressure and cholesterol, and more recently, a potassium supplement because of a deficiency of that chemical in my bloodstream, due to the blood pressure drugs.

I'm probably on 7 or 8 drugs now, only one being a minor tranquuilizer, and the rest related to my blood pressure and other accompanying conditions.

I think it's better not to take any drugs of any kind, but when you have certain diseases, it is a must to extend your life span and hopefully accomplish something with your life.

I'm wishing you well and hope that you can find some motivation to accomplish some good things in your own life.
Thank you so much! EFA's from Omega fish oil helps with cholesterol. it gives you/increases the good cholesterol and lowers the bad cholesterol. You can get it from a Health store. One of my uncles took it and his cholesterol went "down"! Then his wife which is my Aunt who didn't believe in it and didn't take them who was put on cholesterol medication then believed and started taking the Omega fish oil and now I don't know what happened bc they're in another country. If you buy it, get one in a small, dark container as it's hard to finish just one by the due date and so it stays fresh and EFA's are heat and light-sensitive so it must be put in the refrigerator too. Also always look at the ingredients label to choose the best one/brand. Good luck with your health!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1089 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 03:08 PM
SAS Member

Amazing
post #1083 of 1089 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I'm still showering every day, whether i have perspiration odor or not.

I've got a bad itching, and reading up on the thiozide dieuretic I am taking for my blood pressure, itiching is one side effect.

I have not smelled any perspiration odor on my clothes in some time now, and while I'm not using an antiperspirant, the deoderant I'm using is burning my underarms.

I am constantly afraid that other people will think I smell bad.

And, I'm wondering if the laundry detergents and scent fresheners I am using for my laundry might be adding to my itching problem.

I have dropped to thiozide dieuretic starting yesterday, to see if the itching will lessen, but that could take weeks, or even longer to accomplish. That drug is to counteract the amlodopine I am taking, which was causing my ankles to swell. Since the doctor lowered the dosage of that drug in half, the swelling has gone down, so maybe I don't need as much of the dieuretic, either. However, when I don't take the dieuretic, my pulse rate sometimes becomes elevated, even tho my blood pressure stays low.

It's just very bad having to live with hypertension and taking so many drugs.

Plus the social factor of trying to avoid having perspiratiaon odor.

Once An SA, Always an SA

post #1084 of 1089 (permalink) Old 03-05-2020, 10:46 AM

I've taken two baths in 3 days, which is great considering that I've been slacking on my self care for weeks. I'm more than a little ashamed that I became that way again after I was getting so better and motivated.
post #1085 of 1089 (permalink) Old 03-15-2020, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Kaneda, glad to read your post. Right now, I am not jogging, although I have taken two showers a day when I was jogging, one in the morning before starting out the day, and another later in the day, after jogging.

I stayed off of the underarm deoderant, and only had some perspiration on my undershirt one time, so I put that undershirt away from the odor free clothes I wear.

I have put the deoderant back on when I was going to be "close" around people, and after being off of it, no burning.

Also, the itching has been greatly reduced since stopping the thiazide dieuretic.

For awhile, just walking was tiring me out a lot, but today, it wasn't tiring, and I'm hoping to get back to jogging.

Now that the weather is starting to warm up, I am once again starting to worry about snakes.

I try to watch where I am walking or jogging to. Obviously, when jogging, you can't notice snakes as easily as you can when you are walking.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #1086 of 1089 (permalink) Old 03-15-2020, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

With all of this talk about "social distancing" to avoid the coronavirus, you'd think that people like us would be safe from the disease, but unless we are total hermits, we cannot help being around other people, so even tho some of us might not have much social life, when we do go places we can still be exposed to other people carrying germs and viruses and diseases.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #1087 of 1089 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 12:51 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
I took a shower today and washed my hair
post #1088 of 1089 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Well, I did not take a shower today.

Or yesterday, or the day before yesterday, or the day before I don't know exactly how many days it has been.

Because of the shutdown of everything due to the virus, I am now out of work, so I don't have to worry about being around other people, and it has probably been going into a week since I have taken a shower.

And, I am satisfied this way, although I would prefer to be working and earning a paycheck, where I would have to shower and use deoderants, and wear clean clothes.

I'd obviously prefer that, although I do enjoy being filthy after keeping up the being free of perspiration odor for so long.

Once An SA, Always an SA
post #1089 of 1089 (permalink) Old Today, 01:09 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpless View Post
Well, I did not take a shower today.

Or yesterday, or the day before yesterday, or the day before I don't know exactly how many days it has been.

Because of the shutdown of everything due to the virus, I am now out of work, so I don't have to worry about being around other people, and it has probably been going into a week since I have taken a shower.

And, I am satisfied this way, although I would prefer to be working and earning a paycheck, where I would have to shower and use deoderants, and wear clean clothes.

I'd obviously prefer that, although I do enjoy being filthy after keeping up the being free of perspiration odor for so long.
I don't know about other people but when my pits start to stink I have to shower. I can't stand the smell of it.

/WYSD