Too Ugly to Live - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Every second of every day my ugly appearance is bothering me its making me think its the only reason why im alone and miserable i have ugly severely damaged acne prone skin on my face fat under my chin thick black hair stubble under my chin im 192 pounds fat thanks to meds i feel so worthless and unlikable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 08:23 PM
SAS Member

Language: Fluent in English, Sarcasm and Backchat. Very bad at Spanish.
The naked mole rat doesn't believe it's too ugly to live.

Wilfred Mott: Oh, Doctor... what about you now? Who've you got? I mean... all those friends of yours...

The Doctor: They've all got someone else. Still, that's fine. I'm fine.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 08:24 PM
Permanently Banned

Language: Can complain in all languages
My Mood: Lonely
I feel the same way a lot of the time and it bothers me a lot. If I remember right you had an avatar and you really didn't seem to be too ugly to live at all

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 06:11 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Dead
I understand exactly how you feel. I am in a similar predicament. However, not everyone is created equal. Some people are born with a bigger challenge ahead of them from birth until adult life. Define yourself as a stronger person by overcoming obstacles and proving anyone who doubts you, including the dark side of yourself, wrong. I know it's hard to motivate yourself sometimes but try and work towards accomplishing small feats at a time, stepping stones towards your greater goal. Don't like your weight? Do your best to slim down a bit. It will work wonders for your confidence. I'm in the progress of doing the same since I'm not exactly pleasant to look at and am also obese. DON'T LET YOURSELF BE CONDEMNED TO THE WORST POSSIBLE FATE THAT YOU HAVE LED YOURSELF TO BELIEVE IS YOUR ULTIMATE DESTINATION IN LIFE.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 06:29 PM
Worthless Garbage

My Mood: Dead
I know the feeling.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 06:42 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
some practical solutions: make a little skincare routine, dress in clothes that make you feel good, exercise (doesn't have to be gym - you could take up cycling or hiking if you haven't already), give more to others and do other stuff that will help with your unfairly low self esteem. attractiveness consists of 3 parts: health, hygiene and a reasonable amount of confidence; it doesn't matter if you're naturally the ugliest person in the world, as long as you look after yourself and others, people will see the good in you.
emotional solutions: learn to care less, look beyond the superficial of good looks, value things that are genuine and wholesome.

i know exactly how you feel though; when i go out i'm so conscious of other people - i want to hide away from their judging glances, when in reality, strangers don't care about my face, and even if they did it wouldn't matter to me - i don't want to impress them, i want to impress the people i care about instead. just know that self-esteem is something that fluctuates in everyone and be grateful for the things you do have. you are worthy of love, no matter how bad you think you look.

“More disturbing than hurt is love when it's wrong.”
― Ali Land, Good Me, Bad Me
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thanks for trying to help guys
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 02:27 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Doubtful
I hear you on this part there are a lot of narcissist superficial arrogant people in the world that can make you feel ugly. I would avoid those people which is mostly all. Practice looking in the mirror at myself but I felted weird and I say to myself “you are not vain looks does not make a good person”.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 03:43 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
Dont kill yourself
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 08:02 AM
SAS Member

Chrissy ... There are people who can help you and I don't mean plastic surgeons and people who are gonna charge you mega bucks for stuff. Nor am I gonna say weird stuff like "beauty is skin deep" which we all know is a crock.

However ... make up artists can help you and acne can be controlled. Hair under your chin can be plucked and losing weight costs zilch.

Take a look at yourself and decide what can be changed and forget stuff that can't.

Go for it.

"The embers of many past lives lie dormant within us all waiting to be fanned into life by the breezes of remembrance." Jamie Jones.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 01:03 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
Hi Chrissy! Lots of good stuff in this thread.

Even the most out of shape body can be improved, slowly but surely. Invest in yourself, physically and mentally. Set goals, small at first, and work towards achieving them.

Finding exercise you enjoy, or dislike the least, is important for consistency.

On the mental side, consider working on learning a foreign language. With modern technology (phone apps and such) it's easier than ever before, and very rewarding. I've been working on Mandarin the past year, and LOVE it.

What is beauty, anyways? That has many answers, but one thing is for sure. Confidence is damn sexy... in men or in women.

Learn to love yourself, and others will too. I promise. 😀
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 02:30 AM
SAS Member

I can relate to the whole "I should go live in a cave so no one has to look at me" feels. I'm sure most people with social anxiety do. Just doing the simple things people have suggested will seriously make you feel better. I'll add to the list:

If you can afford it, get a facial wax if it's too much to pluck or hard to see.

Scars suck, but you can make them less obvious by taking care of your skin. Look up retinol, BHA and AHA products. I use BHA and retinol every night and a higher percentage AHA once a week for a heavy exfoliation, and ever since the cringe levels upon looking in the mirror has gone down immensely lol. The two brands I use for the BHA and AHA are Paula's Choice and The Ordinary, and a good place to start with retinol is Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Cream. If you can't buy it all at once just slowly build your arsenal of products.

Also you NEED to stay active. I have chronic pain and stiffness and if I don't make myself exercise and do my stupid old lady stretches every day I feel worse and my mood deteriorates too. Something that works well for me is that every time I look in the mirror or look down at my body and think something negative, I have to do 20 squats/pushups. If you actually follow through it'll get you in good shape.

Hope you feel better soon.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thanks guys!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 02:51 PM
I'm somewhat trash.

Language: American English
My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stacks View Post
I feel the same way a lot of the time and it bothers me a lot. If I remember right you had an avatar and you really didn't seem to be too ugly to live at all
That makes me sad to hear that you feel that way because you're a handsome man, and from what i have seen in my short time on the forums, a cool person. you deserve to feel good about yourself just like everyone else here right now.

(btw i'm not hitting on you or anything, just an fyi)

"
Touch every county, let yourself be land.
Open all the inches to help you understand.
Never try to justify a listless sense of longing
With any sort of weakness,

Just play this song and go to Tixis.
"
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 05:12 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightUpTheAzureSky View Post
That makes me sad to hear that you feel that way because you're a handsome man, and from what i have seen in my short time on the forums, a cool person. you deserve to feel good about yourself just like everyone else here right now.

(btw i'm not hitting on you or anything, just an fyi)
Stop hitting on me, haha I'm joking. Thanks, I really appreciate that! Well if you need someone to talk or vent to feel free to message me
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 05:29 PM
I'm somewhat trash.

Language: American English
My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stacks View Post
Stop hitting on me, haha I'm joking. Thanks, I really appreciate that! Well if you need someone to talk or vent to feel free to message me
I might just take you up on that one day! hope you don't regret it!

"
Touch every county, let yourself be land.
Open all the inches to help you understand.
Never try to justify a listless sense of longing
With any sort of weakness,

Just play this song and go to Tixis.
"
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 05:56 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightUpTheAzureSky View Post
I might just take you up on that one day! hope you don't regret it!
Don't make me regret it then haha. But feel free I doubt I could regret it
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 05:39 PM
SAS Member

You're not too ugly to live. Only you think that. Change your thoughts
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 06:14 PM
raising your spirits

My Mood: Brooding
I'm clearly not too ugly to live, otherwise I wouldn't be able to post this. But I'm too ugly for anyone to be happy about the fact that I'm alive.

In science, ideology tends to corrupt; absolute ideology [corrupts] absolutely" - Robert Nisbet
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 07:35 AM
RMS
SAS Member

You're honest with yourself OP. Not only that but you admit it to a bunch of people. For that reason you're pretty damn epic and beautiful inside. Move forward with that knowledge.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page