Tiny head, trying to be positive - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Tiny head, trying to be positive

But every time I see a mirror I can't help the fact that I get really sad and feel that I'm a joke. I measured the circumference today and its 53 cm (23 y/o male with a weak lower face, 55 cm is the average for WOMEN). It used to look normal in mirrors and only looked strange in pics from a long distance, but the past few days it looked ridicolously small. I have loads of other insecurities but this one is by far the largest because it indicates I'm not a man and the fact that I can't work on it is even worse. I've never even seen an adult with a skull as small as mine and it makes me feel so subhuman that I really dont see the point in living. For the last 4 years of my life I havent had a day in my life where I wasnt sad and I don't think I want to go on for much longer.

I
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 05:08 AM
SAS Member

Language: Spanish, English, German
My Mood: Relaxed
You think about that 50 times more than every person in the world combined.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 07:35 AM
🌱🐌

My Mood: Angelic
Could you grow some facial hair to bulk it out & maybe wear a hat ?

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 09:26 AM
SAS Member

i know how you feel.....i have a similar problem, but in the opposite way.....i have a very large head.....it is shaped like a banana from the profile.....with pointy chin and curved round the back, like a banana.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
Could you grow some facial hair to bulk it out & maybe wear a hat ?
Can't grow facial hair, the hat would just emphasize it. Its so small that I think its mild microcephaly - if it wasnt this small, I wouldnt fret. Ive seen small heads but even for female standards, this is too tiny.Spend the whole day today in bed trying to avoid the mirror.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Oh wait **** sorry, I measured with an actual tape measurer and it's actually 55,5 cm :S This is still incredibly small though I don't wanna kill myself anymore so thats good
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 03:05 PM
🌱🐌

My Mood: Angelic
Are people commenting on the size of your head ? What about if you got fitter & made your body smaller so your head wouldn't look so small.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 03:45 PM
SAS Member

Come to Norway (or Scandinavia). I see a lot of people with small heads. Not abnormal at all. In the 1800-s it was even considered a sign of upper class attractiveness over here.

Embrace the glorious mess that you are
Elizabeth Gilbert

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
Are people commenting on the size of your head ? What about if you got fitter & made your body smaller so your head wouldn't look so small.
I have this one friend constantly bringing it up and in an obviously bad way, like: nice haircut, too bad your head is so small. And it pisses me off. The rest of my friends maybe mentioned it once or twice and thats it, and no one else told it to my face. I am quite lean so I look like I'm small overall, though Im sort of tall and it does look funny at moments.

I realize this is really superficial but I feel like I could be so fkn happy with a bigger head and because of that impossibility I really feel down most of the time.

I guess it comes down to the fact that its such a rare and obvious thing that cant be changed. Like, if I was balding or overweight or something I wouldnt mind as much because its a common problem and theres loads of way to tackle it. This just makes me feel like I shouldnt have been born or something.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 05:03 PM

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by danstroy View Post
I have this one friend constantly bringing it up and in an obviously bad way, like: nice haircut, too bad your head is so small.
That's not a friend. Nobody needs "friends" like that.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 06:40 PM
Not like the other ducks

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
It's unlikely to be microcephaly unless you have a bunch of other symptoms like seizures and intellectual disability and also it would have been diagnosed already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 10:06 PM
SAS Member

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...w-in-size.html

Quote:
And HGH can indeed affect the size of your noggin.
Just sayin, under a doctor's supervision maybe?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2020, 02:54 AM
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Doubtful
I thought this topic was about something else...
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2020, 04:01 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
That's not a friend. Nobody needs "friends" like that.
I disagree about the above comment. Nobody is perfect, and friends do and say stupid and insensitive things sometimes. Especially guys. Guys like to bust each other's balls. There are multiple ways to handle this.

1. Tell your friend how this makes you feel... If your friend is anything like my friends when I was young, that will just add fuel to the fire.

2. Figure out what you friend is insecure about, and when he gives you crap about the size of your head, make a comment about his insecurity. If he gets defensive, then you can confront him about his comments. This would make him more likely to understand how you feel, and he'd have an incentive to quit insulting you if he believes it will stop you from commenting about his insecurity. This also has the potential to cause some animosity.

3. Punch him every time he says something about your head. Just kidding. However, if the above 2 methods don't work, confronting him aggressively is an option. If you choose this option, make it clear to him that you have told him how it makes you feel and that he needs to stop. You need to stand your ground if you take this approach and apply it every time he makes the comment. If he values your friendship, he should quit... or he will see it as a challenge to his male dominance and double down on it. Humans are stupid.

The more important thing is to deal with your insecurity. People very seldom judge other people by the size of their head. Yes, I am sure some people do subconsciously, but your are likely projecting your own self-judgment onto other people and your perception of their opinions. Your insecurity is also likely increased because of your friend. You are taking his opinion as fact and letting it influence your own beliefs.

It seems that you fear being judged as effeminate due to the size of your head. If that is the case, take steps to increase your masculine presence. Wear dark clothes. Maintain good posture. Be assertive. Obviously, that is easier said then done. You may want to research that topic. I know there are tons of Alpha-male/pick up artist books out there about increasing masculinity.

On a side note: While this won't help with the underlying insecurity, weight gain and long/fuller hair also increases the perception of the size of a person's head. Example, compare Leonardo DiCaprio in "The Revenant" to him in "Titanic". Sure there's an age difference, but the skull doesn't increase in size after the age of 23. He gained weight and grew longer fuller hair.

- Strong
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2020, 03:58 AM
SAS Member

Hey @danstroy .

Sorry you're having such struggles with your appearance bro, it's obviously quite distressing, so my heart goes out to you.

I'm not making a diagnosis here but did you know there's a mental health condition known as Body Dysmorphic Disorder or BDD? Yes, many, many people struggle with it from what I know, and in terms of looking into possible ways to overcome these self hurtful thought patterns you're having, it might pay to take a look at the many things known about it on the internet. Because if it's considered a mental health issue then there is, in all likelihood, many suggestions into how to deal with it. BDD - Body Dysmorphic Disorder. You may find help in that area. YouTube, as well.👍

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page