Thinking to much! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Thinking to much!

Is thinking to much bad? Everytime I'm alone for awhile I start to think a lot of "what if's", Like what if im crazy and im imagining all this, what if im in some giant conspiracy, what if..., but then I go outside and forget everything. I guess the saying "you really need to get out more" applies to me alot. Another question, do u guys suffer from depersonalization, because I think I do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 07:07 PM
SAS Member

re: Thinking to much!

Yes, definitely! Thinking too much is the bane of my life. The other day when I went out into the world I found that was the thing that could jolt me out of my mind into the present and I even thought that - that this is what I need to do; change the pace when my mind is driving me insane.
I suffer depersonalisation when I panic - this occurs when I'm in a social situation I can't get out of & I inwardly panic over the ridiculousness of the situation that I feel I can't get out of. I can't be myself and panic. When I'm calm I can be myself.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 09:25 PM

re: Thinking to much!

I do as well but I seem somehow detached from the thoughts and experience the emotion more. I could think any negative thought and the emotion would somehow be the same. I think the key for me to feel better is to try and get rid of my negative emotion rather than the thoughts.

I was working on my pc the other day, laying on the carpet quite hot and feeling uncomfortable, quite alone and thinking to myself how pathetic my life is now and how I'll feel when I'm an old man and if I were in the same situation. I probably wouldn't be too far removed from killing myself if I have to live this way for another 20-30 years. It's weird. I get caught in the moment and the emotion seems to stay with me and triggers even more negative thoughts.

I don't think this is normal because there are people who work the same job in the same place for 40-50 years and are cheery as happy as could be. If I could work around the emotion I don't think I'd be so bothered with negative thought and just live for the moment instead. I wish I could be a reptile and think on impulse only. That'd be great.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 04:27 PM

Re: Thinking to much!

I use to think the "what if's" alot more a few years back. as for depersonalization, yeah. I have, literly, forgeten who I was for a few seconds.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 04:27 PM

Re: Thinking to much!

I use to think the "what if's" alot more a few years back. as for depersonalization, yeah. I have, literly, forgeten who I was for a few seconds.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page