Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Secondary Disorders (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f33/)
-   -   The ONLY Way to Cope with Life is to DGAF (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f33/the-only-way-to-cope-with-life-is-to-dgaf-2226403/)

versikk 08-19-2019 01:59 PM

The ONLY Way to Cope with Life is to DGAF

seriously.

the only way to cope with all the hellish aspects of being human is to just not give a single fcvk. actually, some care should be taken; a certain balance need to be struck between "DGAF" and "mildly concerned". I finally understand the meaning of "dont care" finger tattoos.

it's like: "i'm fcvking tired of giving a shxt. i'm out. i'll put on my mask of mild concern but in my mind i'm taking a dump on you"

reminds me of: when people say they don't give a fcvk, or they don't care, it means they are sick and tired of being sick and tired and they want out of the game. it usually doesn't mean that the person has been successful in disregarding all the ills of the world (people who don't care wouldn't even bother to inform anyone that they don't care - cos they don't care).

i still believe that people have good in them, yes, they do. but mostly, they're horrible.

most people hate me (i mean it - you wouldn't like the real me) and i dislike most people, some i'm neutral towards, some i trick myself into liking because i can't cope with reality (i need social stimuli), and a select few i'm prepared to like to some extent.

oh by the way - this coping thing is valid for any kind of pain it's just that what triggered me now was specific people's behavior.

kinda goes without saying really if you think about it.... just stop caring about an issue and it's no longer an issue.
https://i.imgur.com/c4jt321.png

this dog doesn't have a problem with the fire. the fire will engulf the dog and kill it, but does it matter? no, because the dog doesn't fcvking care anymore. as the Tao teaches; relax into the chaos. the problem isn't the experience of suffering, it's the reluctance towards the suffering. fighting suffering, is suffering.

i probably have some kind of derealisation because i'm not fully knowing that i'm writing this post or even feeling these feelings but there you go. (maybe i am fully conscious i really don't know)

SplendidBob 08-19-2019 02:08 PM

Something happen fella? You ok?

blue2 08-19-2019 02:32 PM

Yes, sit in fire become crispy bacon.

Entrensik 08-21-2019 02:07 AM

Yes your 100% right. "He who DGAF will conquer the world" the problem is that its almost impossible to not give a ****. There are moments in life where you genuinely DGAF and it's during these moments that you come to the realization that not caring is the key to freedom. But these moments are rare and they're very temporary. All you get is a little glimpse of what it feels like to be truly free before you have to go back into your little box and continue being a slave to the judgement of those around you.

The thing is your ****ed either way when your pain becomes triggered. Either you engage with the pain/suffering and amplify it or you don't engage with it and still suffer because your not addressing the flash flood of emotions that comes with this pain. The question then becomes how can you address the negative emotions while at the same time preserving your emotional state?

One potential solution might be to take responsibility for your pain. A great way to do this is by just simply asking yourself, "why do I deserve to suffer?" Maybe by taking responsibility for your own suffering you'll be able to cancel out the pain. Try it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

versikk 08-23-2019 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SplendidBob (Post 1093786917)
Something happen fella? You ok?

Let's just say having Cluster-B people in your life is ****ing terrifying. Not a good combination with my regular, chronic existential dread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue2 (Post 1093786933)
Yes, sit in fire become crispy bacon.

The bacon turned into a crisp, thus noticing that what they thought was a throne, was actually a frying pan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entrensik (Post 1093787891)
Either you engage with the pain/suffering and amplify it or you don't engage with it and still suffer because your not addressing the flash flood of emotions that comes with this pain. The question then becomes how can you address the negative emotions while at the same time preserving your emotional state?

isn't this essentially allowing yourself to grieve when something bad happens?
Quote:

One potential solution might be to take responsibility for your pain. A great way to do this is by just simply asking yourself, "why do I deserve to suffer?" Maybe by taking responsibility for your own suffering you'll be able to cancel out the pain. Try it.

Being responsible for your pain? what does this mean?

Entrensik 08-23-2019 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by versikk (Post 1093789137)

Being responsible for your pain? what does this mean?

It means accepting blame. This is one of the things I struggled with the most when I was learning how to manage my depression. As a matter of fact Iím starting to believe that taking responsibility for your life, problems, ect, should be the first step in overcoming all depression.

It all has to do with eliminating a victim mentality and letting go of what we canít control.

For example at the moment Iím writing this Iím feeling very lonely and I can feel the emotions starting to kick in. This is a great opportunity to exercise this:

Why do I deserve to be lonely?
ēBecause Iím a coward
ēBecause Iím not at peace with who I am
ēBecause I let my fear control me
ēBecause I havenít learned how to overcome certain issues

(When you do this exercise you have to do it in a self loving way)

In other words itís my fault and I really have no other choice but to fix this myself.

Idk what it is about accepting blame but it does an amazing job of putting you in control of your problems while at the same time absolving you from having to grief/express your emotions and going into these very dangerous ďtantrumsĒ.

Taking responsibility is very powerful stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

versikk 08-26-2019 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedStar2000 (Post 1093790355)
Pour a beer for this dude. My treat

what in the everloving god are you on about?