The importance of a full health check!!! Possible brain tumour. - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

The importance of a full health check!!! Possible brain tumour.

Hi guys, after meeting a great doctor, actually my first visit. I was sent for a blood test so she could hopefully work out the best option for my treatment, rather than ''just sticking me on antidepressants' in her words. Anyways, it came back with low testosterone, which can
cause SAD, but a bigger concern was my prolactin levels. I'm a 27 year old male and I have 8x higher prolactin for my age group. Basically I'm being sent in for a urgent MRI scan to see if I have a tumour in my brain on the prolactin gland. High prolactin causes other hormones to lower including testosterone and dopamine. Luckily its easily treatable with medication :P and reading some of the reports of people who have been treated im feeling rather optimistic I may start to feel better again. I'll update in the future!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page