Talking to Myself. OCD? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Talking to Myself. OCD?

I think I might have OCD. Sometimes I have to constantly go over what my plans are for the future. I go over things that I will say, do, wear, eat, etc. I talk to myself the day before and tell myself which stairs I will take, who I will eat lunch with, where I will eat lunch, what I will eat for lunch or breakfast or dinner, etc.

Sometimes when I am feeling overwhelmed, I feel like I have no control in my life and will not accomplish my goals and will let everything go, so I talk to myself and wind up having to repeat the same things over and over because they don't really get through to me.

I have been told that I also tend to dwell on things a lot. I have been like that since I was a child.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page