SPD - Schizoid personality disorder - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

SPD - Schizoid personality disorder

yesterday i come across this wiki article - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoi...s_and_symptoms - and it instantly shock and fascinate me, I kept researching for hours. I always viewed my disorder manly through the social anxiety, but reading this I came to the conclusion that it is only a part of it.
Social anxiety has a big role in schizoid personality disorder.
I think this could be to intrest to others that are coping with SA. Alot of people in this forum which are slient but do read this forums.

I am one of them, and writing this post is pretty hard for me, because I am not a person who shares any personal stuff with others, not even 1st-grad relatives. I find it very difficult to talk about emotions in gerneral no matter positive or negative.
I realized a lot that was always there but I didnt see it up until now. Looking in the internet for other people with SPD is very hard, because this people are not likely to share, it's not that there are so few of them but like schizophrenics they dont realize their issue and even if they most likely dont open up about it. For me SPD is like SA on crack and I dont mean to play down SA at all. Because even if I overcome my fear of SA, Im still not able to have a normal conversation because of my fear of intimacy, holding back emotions and talking very formal and artificial.

Reading this yesterday was for me like getting smacked in the face.
I think this posting is boring, very selfish and trivial, without any "content", and that I am giving up a part of myself sending it, im going to do it anyway, because Im told this is the normal thing to do. So embaressing, uncomfortable. I want to tear up myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 06:38 AM
SAS Member

SPD people are secretive. They do not like to post comments. They prefer private messaging. See inbox for more.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Aspergian

I had a counselor many years ago tell me she thought I was SPD, after I looked online at the description of the disorder I was sure she was correct.

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 06:22 PM
SAS Member

In the past I've thought I am borderline, schizoid, cyclothymia, you name it.

I recommend getting evaluated if you are really concerned about it. It may provide you with relevant information.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page