Social Anxiety and Lisp - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Social Anxiety and Lisp

I have had social anxiety since my childhood, i have grown really frustrated with it and now want to change for good. However my speech disorder contributes a lot to my social anxiety. I can't pronounce "D" and "T" sounds for some reason and words that have these words come out very differently from my mouth and as a result people often have to ask me i am sorry what did you say, it really hurts my confidence. I think this disorder is called Lisp but when i searched online, all of the results suggest lisp with "S" sounds, does anyone have an idea what i might be suffering from and what i can do to get rid of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 09:56 PM
SAS Member

It isn't your fault you have this, as long as you are confident I think you will get respect. One time my dad couldn't understand someone with odd speech and she thought it was funny, so you could always use humor as a coping mechanism, like a sort of humorous self acceptance. Of course there is speech therapy too that may be able to help. I am also unsure what the disorder is called

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page