Screen & Internet Addiction - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 08:08 PM
castor sacs

My Mood: Pensive
I used to have a gaming addiction. Mostly came out of boredom since I never felt the motivation or courage to hang out with other people, or even work on personal stuff because I'm afraid of failing or not being good enough. I would play MMOs almost 12 hours a day, only getting up to eat or use the bathroom, striving for some sort of human connection -- but ofc it pales in comparison to real human interaction.

I got bored of it eventually. I became too frustrated with how unfulfilling it felt. So I just switched to youtube videos and binging TV shows. And now I feel like I'm getting bored of that, and I'm switching over to just researching stuff and posting online all day. It's not good. I know it's not healthy, but I feel like I can't do anything else or I'll start thinking too much and face the pain of loneliness.

So I keep distracting myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 05:44 AM
SAS Member

I try to play games for only an hour a day, but it ends up being for the majority of my free time and then i realize how much time i have wasted

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page