rfecently diagnosed with ADD(MILD) - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

rfecently diagnosed with ADD(MILD)

Anyone else here have ADD? I still dont think i really have it, i think its just anxiety....but hey if these drugs will help me study and eventually graduate college sounds good to me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 12:50 AM
Spectacular Member

Re: rfecently diagnosed with ADD(MILD)

I want to get diagnosed with ADD so i can finally treat it.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 05:33 AM
SAS Member

How do you get tested for ADD? How does a doctor determine if you have it or not? I sometimes lack concentration and have an inability to control my thoughts, but I don't know if that's due to anxiety or ADD.

What you think is what you get....

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 01:33 PM
SAS Member

According to a study from the university of south australia, fish oils and omega-3s are more effective at treating ADHD than pharmaceuticals, and they have no drawback.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gena320
How do you get tested for ADD? How does a doctor determine if you have it or not? I sometimes lack concentration and have an inability to control my thoughts, but I don't know if that's due to anxiety or ADD.
I got tested by a psychtrist that my professor referred me to. I had to take a computerized test and a self test, also IQ test. I also have mild form of ADD. Resourses should be at your college, as far as a tutoring/ special needs type area.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 04:49 AM
SAS Member

What is the average person who has ADD prescribed? How are they treated? Also, what kinds of questions are you asked in the actual tests?

I think I would do terrible on the IQ test. My short attention span, combined with my performance anxiety wouldn't permit me to do well on it.

What you think is what you get....
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

aderoll is i think what the average person is prescribed
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gena320
What is the average person who has ADD prescribed? How are they treated? Also, what kinds of questions are you asked in the actual tests?

I think I would do terrible on the IQ test. My short attention span, combined with my performance anxiety wouldn't permit me to do well on it.
I can't remember the questions on the tests since I took it 2 years ago and with ADD my memory isn't that great.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 11:21 AM

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Newly Optimistic

My Mood: Daring

I have mild ADHD and a doctor tried to prescribe me Ritalin but I didn't want to be dependent on a drug again so I stopped seeing him.

But now I'm thinking that my constant distractions and inability to concentrate might have made my marks lower so I'm thinking of trying Ritalin. But perhaps I won't take it regularly as I'm told, but only when I have school.

Has anyone here been on Adderall or Ritalin/Concerta? It doesn't make you "boring" does it?

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Living in the East Bay Area in California; my hometown's Mississauga, Ontario.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 08:06 PM

ya, i was diagnosed last april or may, and i really really don't think i have it. Ive been taken adderal.

ya, ive been doin better in school, but i think its just me tryn harder. The adderal has seemed to make things way worse, and i cant think straight. Every emotion is usually amplified, and it continues after its worn off. Before i was on it, i was the most care free person in the world. never stressed about anything. Anything. i still did fine in school too. im not the hyper type or w/e, just focus stuff. i think its just laziness ahha. But now everything stresses me out, i worry about the littlest things and i can never think straight. and i have this headache that doest really hurt but it blocks me from my thoughts kind of it seems. I always feel as if theres something i have to do reallllllly badly, but i don't know what it is, i just have to do it quickly. I also feel really distant. its weird, like in class ill just draw or whatever its so bad, but i can be reallllly creative. i forget things in seconds on occasions. Not to mention the lack of hunger. And i play football, so not eatn isnt good.

i was readn about side effects of adderall, and it said in few cases, but some, psychosis occured. so i looked that up, and guess what one of the main causes is? OVERACTIVITY OF DOPAMINE! ya. and its caused by amphetamines, and guess what adderall is? you got it, an amphetamine. so i really think i do not have add, and that this medication has just made my life worse. Anyone else like this?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Fun...Fluid...Formidable

My Mood: Breezy

I took an online test for ADD just the other day and scored very high. I wonder how aderol works?

Anxiety-free since a quarter a' three...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page