Relapsing after years - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Reverse it

Relapsing after years

So I haven't posted here since 2011, and even spent hours trying to remember my log in info. I'm not sure what I hope to gain from this other than to vent. But the other night I had a panic attack, first one in years. Before it I couldn't even remember the last time I had a panic attack. I don't know what triggered it as I'm in a good place right now. I quit my horrible job a year ago to go back to school, and I'm doing really well. I love theclasses I'm taking, I have a circle of friends and a stable study group, like I said, I'm doing well. Lately though I've been having this unrational fear of relapsing. My social anxiety isn't completely cured, but it's not causing me much problems. It almost feels like I'm anxious about becomming anxious and I don't know why. Scool used to be a trigger for me 10 years ago, but last year I've been fine. I guess I'm scared of falling into old habits like spending an hour just leave the house cause I have to check everything, or reading and rereading, redoing my notes. I think I know myself enough to see it if I should relapse but I'm not even sure about that. Whenever I get some time to myself I just think about it over and over again my brain screaming I'm gonna relapse, I'm gonna relapse, over and over again.

Anyways, If anyones got any good tools ot tricks to deal with anxiety I'll gladly take them. It's been a while since I needed them.

-color my life with the chaos of trouble

My parents think I do nothing all day. Please, I run a blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 07:41 AM
🧱

Language: None
Try not to read too much into it. Sometimes you just have a bad day, today being bad doesn't mean tomorrow will be bad. And remember that anxiety is normal and good, as long as you have it under control most of the time.

Play The Social Anxiety Game

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 10:04 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
Heya

Relapses are normal, and there's a silver lining - that means that they're abnormal, not the everyday and expected now - see how far you've come!

I don't think you can ever 'cure' social anxiety, you simply learn how to manage the issues well enough that it doesn't affect you. But sometimes it comes back for a guest appearance, that's very normal, I wouldn't worry. Trust that you're doing much better than you think you are, and that you're aware of your emotions!x

Much love <3

<3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page