Recommendation for people with powerful negative thoughts - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2020, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English

Recommendation for people with powerful negative thoughts

Just a suggestion for anyone with powerful negative and overwhelming thoughts. One that I find extremely beneficial is to FAST. So basically allow your stomach to be empty. When people fast their sex drive diminishes, their sense of smell increases, their thought "volume" becomes 0 or really low. You can drink just water if you want. Try it out I do it a lot and the positive mind state I gain is incredible. Strangely I get a massive boost of energy sometimes too. When your thought volume is barely there, it's easier to not be paralyzed by them and sort your issues out. Your focus is sharp without the "Noise" and you can see the reality of many things. I would also definitely, definitely recommend it for Schizo type ailments.

That's probably why on YouTube they are hooked on the subject of gut health and intermittent fasting now and even talking about its benefits for Mental Health.

It's safer without a fire in your house. But a fire stays when you give it fuel and explodes with the wrong type.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2020, 03:06 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Pensive
Been there, done that. I feel absolutely horrible when fasting for longer periods, at least most of the time, and feel best right after eating. To me, fasting being endlessly assaulted by temptation and being unable to enjoy anything. The only reprieve is sleep and keeping myself distracted by something that doesn't even allow me to think about being hungry.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2020, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchedEarth View Post
Been there, done that. I feel absolutely horrible when fasting for longer periods, at least most of the time, and feel best right after eating. To me, fasting being endlessly assaulted by temptation and being unable to enjoy anything. The only reprieve is sleep and keeping myself distracted by something that doesn't even allow me to think about being hungry.

Interesting. Yeah temptation in an active state of fasting is huge. I found that when I fast or even deprive myself of what I thought was nourishing, my understanding of what is nourishing and what isn't changes. Like, I used to eat very sugary stuff, now sometimes if I taste that stuff it just tastes toxic and artificial. I can now sense the fakeness. Sounds like make you have an environmental issue as well?

Distraction is awseome so is sleep! My kid does it when she's playing but it works for adults too.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2020, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Just some more tips:

1. Make a judgement about the content of the thought

Thoughts are different in Nature. They too can be positive or negative. I find that sometimes ignoring a thought is not the most healthiest thing to do. It can be in the case of OCD though. But sometimes acknowledging a thought can actually free you from it. Inner conflicts are basically a mix of thoughts and emotions and inner conflicts start to end when you acknowledge them first and then give them attention so you can process them in the right way. That's why they say "get it off your chest".

Thoughts are managed and processed in different ways and you don't want to give the wrong approach to a certain type of thought. Thoughts are generated sometimes from your external world, so if I see something traumatic, that's going to become a part of my internal world and thus manifest in the form of thoughts. Relieving traumatic thoughts and emotions may require a different processing method depending on what was experienced.

I guess the point here is that thoughts are a form of communication, and when they come if they are painful and persistent it is important to make a judgement on how to process it instead of suppressing them.

If I have a disturbance in my external world it's going to disturb me on the inside. If I have a very bad abusive colleague at work thoughts are going to be manifesting in my mind all day, if that person is fired everything stops and those thoughts leave my mind.

So it's important to make an intelligent judgement regarding persistent and painful disturbing thoughts/emotions. Dealing with these things can't be oversimplified.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2020, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

2. Cutting off painful thoughts/emotions and the dimension of time

Time is a very powerful and huge concept. It's something to appreciate and be grateful for too. It's something to take advantage of and not abuse. But time also has huge benefits in regard to mental health, how so?

People who are depressed, financially anxious or for whatever reasons can run around for years and dwell in their problems and thoughts. But take a look at the world. Look at a huge stable, robust building operating an established business running like a well oiled machine.

Buildings and stable businesses have a lot of time in it. Time was taken to build it. Time was taken to learn the necessary knowledge to establish the business. Time, sweat, tears and whatever. Year by year the place is running well and people come every day for work or whatever. The place even shelters them from storms.

So how does this relate to painful thoughts/emotions/depression? No body likes to feel them...

Well, If my neighbor gave me a gift of some nice food last week, and I've been running around today looking for food, I'm hungry and I've got thousands of thoughts running through my head what would the smart thing to do be?

Answer: GO TO WHAT IS ESTABLISHED. Time and effort was taken to give me that gift. If I am grateful I will be nourished by that gift and my painful thoughts and emotions stop immediately. I didn't need to look elsewhere as what I needed was with me.

Gratitude is a big word. When we are grateful, burdens drop from our chests. The more you go to what is established, the quicker you come out of pain. Sometimes we get in our own way though and become our own enemies.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2020, 02:17 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Pensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbasGreen View Post
Interesting. Yeah temptation in an active state of fasting is huge. I found that when I fast or even deprive myself of what I thought was nourishing, my understanding of what is nourishing and what isn't changes. Like, I used to eat very sugary stuff, now sometimes if I taste that stuff it just tastes toxic and artificial. I can now sense the fakeness. Sounds like make you have an environmental issue as well?
Yeah, should have mentioned I have a serious sugar addiction and food is pretty much the only thing I really enjoy anymore due to dysthymia.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2020, 02:54 PM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

My Mood: Crappy
When I get really depressed/upset I can't eat, and I certainly don't feel better because of it. If I go longer than about a day without eating I begin to feel very ill. :/

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2020, 02:56 PM
England

Get out and exercise to destroy the thoughts

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page