Psychosis/Paranoia - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Psychosis/Paranoia

Does anyone else ever feel that their anxiety is above the norm of what clinician's consider social anxiety, and might resemble a form of psychosis? Especially, if you also experience feelings of depression, anhedonia, trouble communicating ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 08:06 PM
SAS Member

After a major manic episode one time I had the worst anxiety I've ever felt in my life. It was constant and lasted a few days and was so bad I slept with the TV on all night. I felt like I was going insane - I don't think I've ever been that scared before or since. I came back to Australia and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Do you have a psychiatrist?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Yeah I have been living by the TV all alone for the most part as well. And my psychiatrist has me on parnate which I think makes me bipolarish or at least used to. Now just heavy depression.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshyboy2 View Post
Yeah I have been living by the TV all alone for the most part as well. And my psychiatrist has me on parnate which I think makes me bipolarish or at least used to. Now just heavy depression.
With crippling anxiety
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 08:22 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Have you told him about all this? Maybe he can try another medication.

(I'm a good one to talk, I don't even have a psychiatrist at the moment - I need a new one)
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Think I will. Thanks so much
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 08:28 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Think I will. Thanks so much
No worries - hope you feel a bit better soon.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 06:09 PM
SAS Member

Yes and I tried talking to my psychiatrist about this and he didn't seem to understand what the issue was. He didn't seem to think my paranoia was such a nightmare as I described. I asked to try an anti psychotic drug and he was skeptical at first but put me on the lowest dose of abilify. I felt a noticeable difference in my anger and paranoid thinking. I'm happy with the medicine even if I'm not diagnosed 'psychotic'. I asked to increase the dosage after a year and felt even better, the negative automatic thoughts aren't as strong and I feel more in control of myself. So it is something to discuss with a doctor if you're paranoid enough to cause issues with your life.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 07:17 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Breezy
sometimes I do. I have anxiety but I know I have intrusive thoughts and generalized anxiety as well but I do wonder if there's something more.

I don't think I have psychosis or anything like that but during my bad days anxiety can get pretty bad.

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 06:58 PM
Merry Effing Christmas

My Mood: Brooding
Um, yeah. I think my anxiety goes beyond what might be considered a normal case. I have intrusive thoughts of violence (OCD), a bunch of phobias, nightmares most nights, and a kind of odd auditory hallucination. I'm never really not anxious, no matter where I am or what I'm doing. My therapist asked me to think of "places you feel safe" and I couldn't really come up with anything. I don't even feel safe alone in my own bedroom. Watching television can trigger me. Schizophrenia runs in my family, so I think my neurochemistry is just a bit off. Some days, my life feels like a bad drug trip.

For forty-seven years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming ... but how?
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 06:39 PM
je suis coffee

Language: English, Spanish
My Mood: Lurking
It's weird for me because I feel normal but I have the symptoms of all of these types of things.

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 11:39 PM
SAS Member

I've been diagnosed with OCD in which my obsessive thoughts are mainly around "psychotic delusions". My therapist said she hasn't really heard of anything like it, but she said the obsessive thoughts do fit in there. It scared me to hear that cause I'm worried that I won't be able to receive proper help if I try to reach out for it
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 02:56 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Angry

hypermega security paranoia

always 'ya forget ya passsy woorrdies'??

WHOOO DOES? WHOO DUZZ???

whose experience? who distributes copies of home, car keys, passwords to everyone?

everything been stolen all life?? CHCHCHAAANGGGE!!!!! YERRRR PASSWORDZ!!!! NOW!!! AGAIN!! THEN AGAIN?? KEEP CHANGGINGG the PW everyday always, must? mega immature.. YOU! YOU YOU

OMNIOUS: being called Stupid by authority, software

mass population always forget everything? nobody can remember anything???

all accuse those accused, who are superior? who scared?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 08:28 PM
SAS Member

I get that sometimes. I have social phobia and bipolar 1
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 10:11 PM
SAS Member

You'll notice that many human disorders/diseases share the same symptoms. Anxiety can have racing thoughts and so can Bipolar. Hallucinations can happen from sleep deprivation, schizophrenia or even from a bacterial infection of the brain (Neurosyphilis).

If you break your human self down into it's most essential components you'll find that a lot of people above simply mentioned certain components being disturbed but the way or reason they were disturbed may be unique to them.

Your emotional self (fear, sadness, concern, worry etc)

Your mental self (thoughts manifest here/sometimes delusions)

Your physical self (racing heart, chest pain, nervous legs, digestive system etc)

Your predisposition (genetics etc and how you are unique and affected in different ways, gifts/talents, your sensitivities etc)
Your ability as a human to experience unseen realities (hallucinations, jinn harassment, dreams)

Psychiatry gets people more confused sometimes. It has huge benefits sometimes (people used to die from bipolar). The point is to always keep it simple and not isolate problems this great creature the human being can have to just a single component or sub-component.

I've seen someone get diagnosed with bipolar after a stressful period in their life but they don't have it in their genetics at all and the person didn't have any issues before that.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 10:13 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCoffee View Post
It's weird for me because I feel normal but I have the symptoms of all of these types of things.

Don't even think of self diagnosing now if you feel normal. You are normal then my friend
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 04:10 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Quote:
And my psychiatrist has me on parnate which I think makes me bipolarish or at least used to. Now just heavy depression.
If your psychiatrist is open-minded about trying other MAOIs, Nardil might be a better bet than Parnate.

It's less stimulating and a more calming/sedating.

It's done wonders for my social anxiety.

Given your symptoms, it sounds like Parnate might be making your anxiety worse.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page