Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Secondary Disorders (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f33/)
-   -   Possibly a schizo (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f33/possibly-a-schizo-2222865/)

TheForestWasDark 04-24-2019 05:54 AM

Possibly a schizo

Wow I really had to swallow my pride to post this. For a while I was convinced that hearing people mutter wasn't all in my head. Not to say that sometimes it may be a real thing as i wouldn't put it past someone to spite me or salvage their pride under their breath. I know people can be nasty, but they're rarely that in your face horrible. But lately i think i've been hearing things when im around others, like little comments being made under their breath regarding one of my facial features (even from my own mother) . To put things into perspective i've heard 4 comments about it in the past 3 months from different people.. I was bullied quite a lot about my nose growing up from a handful of people, so its only natural i will be going through the rest of my life with some kind of paranoia and self-loathing. I've had BDD for as long as i can remember.. In fact all of my immediate family members have commented about it out loud, so i know im not delusional in that part. "you are good-looking but have a big nose, hitler wouldn't like you, maybe you should get work done." Anyways enough of the pity party, everyone has their own problems.

I may seek help at this point even though i've always kind of brushed it off, but auditory hallucinations can progress so why not put an end to it.Even though i'm still not set that people really aren't muttering under their breath, as i know its happened a few times after confronting people about it. When i was a cashier it would always annoy the ****ing hell out of me when a couple or something would whisper to themselves as im ringing them up... At my last job that lasted 2 weeks, I walked out because my co-workers were talking in another language right beside me and laughing then would turn all serious and antagonistic when talking to me in english.. Maybe that's why people do it, to make you go crazy..

edit: I now realized that my title is pretty dumb

Royals 05-17-2019 09:00 AM

Have you tried to pray and find your identity in God? Knowing that you were created in His image perfect the way you are. Humans have subjective opinion. It's all about how you feel about yourself. So self acceptance and self love come first. People with big confidence and know who they are won't focus on what others think or say about them. Nobody is perfect and certainly not those people who judge/condemn others a lot. People often complain about others when they are unhappy themselves or jealous. Could it be people only complain because they are not satsfied? If you accept yourself you would not feel the need to be mean to another. Only listen to the intelligent kind people. Not those grumpy unhappy people. What do they know? They don't tell the truth they just spout negativity about someone they do not even know personally. So work on self development and your self image. Other subjective opinions do not make who you are but your own opinion about yourself.

TheForestWasDark 05-17-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royals (Post 1093719425)
Have you tried to pray and find your identity in God? Knowing that you were created in His image perfect the way you are. Humans have subjective opinion. It's all about how you feel about yourself. So self acceptance and self love come first. People with big confidence and know who they are won't focus on what others think or say about them. Nobody is perfect and certainly not those people who judge/condemn others a lot. People often complain about others when they are unhappy themselves or jealous. Could it be people only complain because they are not satsfied? If you accept yourself you would not feel the need to be mean to another. Only listen to the intelligent kind people. Not those grumpy unhappy people. What do they know? They don't tell the truth they just spout negativity about someone they do not even know personally. So work on self development and your self image. Other subjective opinions do not make who you are but your own opinion about yourself.

Thank you for the kind words. Ya lately I’ve been focusing on sensible people rather than randoms I see out in public or w.e. I was getting off the drugs at the time I wrote this. Now being 1 month sober, I’m much less paranoid in general. I mean I still have heard people muttering under their breath in the past, but I don’t overanalyze as much anymore or care for that matter.

Royals 05-17-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheForestWasDark (Post 1093719459)
Thank you for the kind words. Ya lately I’ve been focusing on sensible people rather than randoms I see out in public or w.e. I was getting off the drugs at the time I wrote this. Now being 1 month sober, I’m much less paranoid in general. I mean I still have heard people muttering under their breath in the past, but I don’t overanalyze as much anymore or care for that matter.

Great to hear. Just always remember it's only a few judgmental/insecure/mean people out of 7 billion with subjective opinion and they don't know you personally. You know yourself the best. Most people are still nice (if you get to know them better).

ideasunlimitedonline 05-20-2019 09:16 AM

Individuals can also have auditory hallucinations during extreme depressive episodes as well. It depends on the frequency of your hallucinations and the age of onset. Since you've had it only rarely, and don't seem to hold any odd beliefs in attachment with it, your risk of schizo is much lower. I would recommend going to a psychologist just to be safe.