People can hear my thoughts - Page 7 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 159 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 08:58 AM
SAS Member
 
RobAlister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 386
I feel like this sometimes. It's not as if I believe people can read my thoughts but that my thoughts are loud and exposed and somehow people can just hear them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notcoolzeus View Post
Yeah it would be great! We could sit at home all day and flip a coin to see who has to go out and buy groceries. Maybe live in the woods? Pretty tempting.
RobAlister is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 159 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Starlight and moonbeams
 
DeeperUnderstanding's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,921
I used to think this, because people would respond to what I was thinking all the time.



DeeperUnderstanding is offline  
post #123 of 159 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 09:43 AM
SAS Member
 
RobAlister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 386
^ Yeah, that's always a bit creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notcoolzeus View Post
Yeah it would be great! We could sit at home all day and flip a coin to see who has to go out and buy groceries. Maybe live in the woods? Pretty tempting.
RobAlister is offline  
 
post #124 of 159 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 11:21 AM
Let It Roll
 
Heartbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sovngarde
Gender: Male
Posts: 307
My Mood: Tired
The feeling of your thoughts being broadcasted to others is one of the main symptoms of schizophrenia but it doesn't necessarily mean you have it. It IS one of the symptoms though.. So, seek help.

"The future is uncertain and the end is always near." - The Doors
Heartbreaker is offline  
post #125 of 159 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 11:56 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by hichews View Post
I am very anxious.
Regardless of what other people say, tinfoil helps. lol...

Naw, they can't read your thoughts, you are simply drawing associations between things in a manner that doesn't favor the odds. Been there, thought all that, and yeah, don't give people that much credit, really, the majority of us are about as aware as to what going on as your average cow, mowing grass in the pasture.

Okay okay, I'm lying, some of us can read your thoughts. Boo...



ASMR Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (works wonders with my anxiety)
MrKappa is offline  
post #126 of 159 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 11:58 AM
SAS Member
 
jhaul23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 49
wow this right along my lines of thought I am presence when I step into a room for good or for bad, in the past mostly bad but i'm learning how to overcome fear and open up my heart and mind to others and not shy away or fear them when i speak through my heart and have confidence in my heart I shine with brilliance and exuberance, its the energy in spirit that binds us
jhaul23 is offline  
post #127 of 159 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 12:45 PM
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Female
Posts: 37
I completely understand the paranoia. With me, it's not usually so much that I think they know my thoughts, but that they have made certain assumptions about me that put me in a poor light. I am always thinking that people don't like me or value me.
atokasmith is offline  
post #128 of 159 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 08:22 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1
I think alot of us are suffering the same. im battling with it too, but hearing that im not alone must mean its impossible because i dont hear any one else. so it must be a trick of our own minds making us believe its happening, i even hear people respond to my thinking. but it is just trickery to make is self obsesed. dont fall for it. i did badly and still it haunts me, but less now since i read all this. hope this helps. and thank you too. God bless x
jusepiechetcuti is offline  
post #129 of 159 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Artest, Christian, Trans
 
SapphireMeadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gerogia, USA
Age: 31
Posts: 377
I sometimes worry about this too, but then I remember that if people really could read my thoughts they'd probably act really weird around me as they'd know what was going on in my head and thus know how crazy I am lol Since people usually act normal around me they must not really be able to. So I forget about it and move on with my day.

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

- Gandhi

SapphireMeadow is offline  
post #130 of 159 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 08:42 PM
SAS Member
 
SternumCrushingBison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: USA-Texas
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Posts: 103
thats your overactive vigilance detecting small changes in a person that happened to coincide with a perceived reaction to you own thoughts
SternumCrushingBison is offline  
post #131 of 159 (permalink) Old 12-26-2014, 11:43 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3

You might not be crazy


First question. Are you a felon? If not, neither was James Eagan Holmes and they targeted him too.
Certain people have been chosen to (without knowledge or consent) transmit thoughts to certain other people. They are extremely secretive. I can help you determine if you are one of us or not. Get a hold of me, fbook Sethian and stay up to date on my research of them. I know it sounds crazy, but I can teach you how to prove if you are one of us or not. Instead of concealing your thoughts, think as much as you can. Think crazy/sick/funny/humiliating/flattering things and watch peoples reactions nearby you. They may even have a conversation with you, where they speak and you only think. The first step is to control your thoughts, to force them to react, to confirm if this is real or not. After that, come find me.
hmseth123 is offline  
post #132 of 159 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 06:55 PM
SAS Member
 
milo001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 632
Sometimes I'll thinking that my sister is spying on me by hiding a camera in my room.
milo001 is offline  
post #133 of 159 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 08:41 PM
Filler for your life
 
ImBrittany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Carolina....for now
Gender: Female
Age: 24
Posts: 545
My Mood: Cheerful
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobAlister View Post
I feel like this sometimes. It's not as if I believe people can read my thoughts but that my thoughts are loud and exposed and somehow people can just hear them.
Ah man, I used to struggle with this a lot!

Plz message me if you're interested in starting a Jonas Brothers tribute band. RIP.
Serious inquiries only, plz.
ImBrittany is offline  
post #134 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 06:54 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3

IT is happening! Just hear me out


Don't listen to people telling you that you are imagining this, or that it's schizophrenia. It's time you find proof. Join me in the search for answers. First you need to prove this to yourself. I have had actual conversations with people where I thought stuff and they would speak back. Figure out how to use your thoughts to force them to react, once exposed don't expect them to give you answers. Just find me, together we can get to the bottom of this. Most important, start meditating, this helps a TON!!!! You won't be bothered as much by people listening in, once you are in control of the things you broadcast. In fact you will develop a level of control in conversations. Remember if they don't know you know...they think the stuff in your head is really you. I have a hard time with this sometimes because under different conditions I begin thinking 2-3 things at once, much more difficult to focus on 2-3 thought streams while performing another activity. Facebook Sethian, I will eventually update things on there...right now it's mostly stuff I wrote while having serious health problems, during a time when strangers were giving me routine death threats(a bluff, to make me move, this is a large conspiracy, I will try and explain in greater detail later). Also start recording peoples conversations when you are nearby, but not within listening range, but control your thoughts so they don't know you are recording!!!!
hmseth123 is offline  
post #135 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 08:38 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeperUnderstanding View Post
I used to think this, because people would respond to what I was thinking all the time.
Because they are reading your body language.
sickofanxiety11 is offline  
post #136 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 01:41 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 428
That absolutely describes that dreaded feeling I went through during my first fit of OCD: paranoia. Thinking people could actually read my intrusive thoughts.
I hope you've gotten better since you posted this.

Thank you dear God for putting me on this earth,
I feel very privileged, in debt for my thirst.
~Nirvana
Ivy60 is offline  
post #137 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 04:00 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 307
My Mood: Blah

a reply


i get this too. im like this all the time. its not schizophrenia as someone posted. i read through a schizotypal forum once and many of the people on there experience this also. im extremely paranoid and my diagnosis is anxiety. diagnosed by like 50 professionals throughout all of these years. yeah it happens.
blahblahdeeblah is offline  
post #138 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 04:06 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 307
My Mood: Blah
I think that it's possible. : (
blahblahdeeblah is offline  
post #139 of 159 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 06:44 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1
Talking

they hear me too and then some


I can get like this too. I actually probably need to just stay on meds. It started as a child actually but it was more like objects around me (dolls especially) possessed the ability to hear me and see me. They never talked, but i was certain their eyes followed me and even winked or grew suspicious looking according to my thoughts.... now that I'm older ive experienced less of believing objects can see or hear my thoughts..but people.. it happens when I get a overwhelming feeling of anxiety... uncomfortable or deep surreal feeling like my thoughts will gather very quickly to point out memory , taste, smell etc that makes the moment in which im in become almost like a huge set up.... in that same moment ...if there is any people around me I will start to believe that they can hear my thoughts, and the thoughts i actually start having are not thoughts in which i typically have ...they can become almost like they're not mine? in this moment of hysteria i tend to apologize a lot or over explain myself, which in retrospect i see makes me look like a loony because I'll kind of explain myself in the position of which i disagree with the thoughts im having and the belief that you can hear them and are judging me or whatever its hard to explain but even characters on television ...cartoons even too...somehow ACCURATELY respond to my thoughts .... it's really scary sometimes.... but quite entertaining ...I'll catch myself throwing back comments to the tv that are completely irrelevant to the "reality" in the show, but seem to accurately hold dialog for my thought process and belief that im in some kind of "set up"... for what im not sure.. but.. like "im the one" .. or just the butt of a horrible joke because everyone can read my thoughts and they know they are not actually mine per say at times so they are able to "tweek" me and get a really good laugh or use me as a way .. its really ridiculous, but totally believable in the state of mind.. I do, however, find I gain a lot of wisdom during these episodes about myself, but also hurt myself too because I create delusions based on peoples facial expressions...like I could get a sense of paranoia about someones intentions because of my surroundings an item or phrase may collectively match a memory and I'll create too like a little story that actually becomes like a conspiracy that which surrounds me and I am the butt of the joke to say the least, kind of how I mentioned earlier.. I tend to do this with relationships around me, I believe in some way they're not sincere ever; lovers are cheating, or like there is some kind of underground radio show that is making a fool of me (i believed this a lot as a kid too, into my early teens... certain things would come present to me that I feel were symbolic to time I spent alone or with others... I never felt this to be truly real so I've always held myself well, just aware of what my brain was connecting ... but even too, I'll catch an intellectual like "experience" that I guess can be kind of "damning" at times because I'll take my thoughts and the idea of which people can hear my thoughts, (oh and too I will sometimes hear voices typically of people I know (they are not aware i can hear them lol... people of my past or don't see often) anyways I will take that idea of thought broadcasting and commentary by the voices (usually is advice, criticism , or sometimes even sticking up for me in my feelings of comfort), anyway I take it in at the same time that my sense of being is somehow subjectively placed...by some greater energy... in the moment in which I'm experiencing and show me either something about myself or the world we are in...good or bad..... recently ive started to believe something awful happened to me in my childhood, or that i've actually been dead before and that's why I am able to witness these illusions...(i used to sleep walk a lot, and have this dream where I fell in from the ground from my window well in my bedroom into my bed....WHATS SCARY IS A WOKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF NIGHT COVERED IN BOX ELDER BUGS .. (they were real). when this dream first occured..... ive also had experiences with the voices of my late grandparents waking up me by calling my name when ive over slept.. ... Yes, I have taken street drugs throughout the years which I'm sure have not helped my delusion much ..... the experiences I've had when I'm high really bring out something incredible though... I've seen spirits walking (for example I lived near a nursing home and while sitting on my porch I would look over and watch hundreds of trapped souls walk aimlessly and it was really depressing because they would walk towards to the street to leave but be "locked" in from going any further.... I remember a couple of them noticed me and waved... when I waved back.. the two that saw me told everyone else and they all gathered at the edge of the yard.. it was a really cool experience..and I just sat on my porch and watched them great themselves and acknowledge the fact that I could see them)..... anyways I've really gotten in depth of my "thing".... but, I must say I really live a normal life with it, and almost have always taken it as a blessing for a deeper insight on whats around me but lately the comments and belief that you can hear my thoughts and the thoughts that are not mine are creating some kind of tragedy somewhere.. and are taking a turn against me ..(self esteem wise)...I'm just noticing more connection in anything and everything and its becoming too much to where I'm not even sure I know who the hell I am anymore, and the world is starting to feel like a giant stage that's wearing out..... thank you for sharing and thank you for reading mine , please feel free to tell me im a total nut bag... and maybe i make you feel less crazy
sunflower12 is offline  
post #140 of 159 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 06:53 PM
SAS Member
 
Hermiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 985
Its paranoid schizophrenia.. sorry
Hermiter is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what is the belief that other people can hear your thoughts beangreens Secondary Disorders 39 06-20-2015 07:06 AM
Frustrated people cant hear me rko74 Frustration 3 10-19-2009 06:52 AM
The belief that other people can hear your thoughts. beangreens Coping With Social Anxiety 2 03-13-2009 01:25 AM
So, you people are going to hear more than my psychiatrist! paper heart The First Step 8 01-30-2009 11:35 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome