go get medicated it works
i would know!!!
<3 all of you
post #43 of 159 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 09:47 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roya View Post
I'm with Dinosaw
Good. Maybe you could clarify what he said, and answer the question I posed to him after his post, seeing he seems to be too chickenshıt to reply.

post #44 of 159 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 09:54 PM
SAS Member

Does it bother you? If it does, you should practice not thinking.
post #45 of 159 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 10:05 PM
SAS Member

I think this SOMETIMES, and sometimes I feel like a higher power can hear my thoughts. But I know it's just me being paranoid.
post #46 of 159 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 11:26 AM
SAS Member

i thought i was the only person who had this... well this is comforting! i didn't realize it was such a thing? i mean.. like i'm totally normal? it doesn't mean you're crazy or anything, yeah?
post #47 of 159 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 05:58 PM
SAS Member

Yes, I've done this before. I don't think its serious or anything, just silly paranoia. Sometimes, I think a certain thing about someone, think they know what I'm thinking, and then, to check if they are a mind reader, tell them mentally to blink their eyelids twice or something like that. Then, when they don't do anything, I think, THEY'RE ON TA' ME! But fortunately its not a constant thing for me, just happens when I'm particularly anxious.
post #48 of 159 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 04:35 AM
SAS Member

Ok thats good then. Yeah, for me it's only sometimes. It's always in the car when my parents are driving me to the train in the morning.. I don't know what it is. Then when I think something to do with say my ex boyfriend or something like that I cringe away like it's wrong i'm thinking such a thing.. It's like somebody's here telling what I can and can't think. thanks for clearing up that i'm sane!
post #49 of 159 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 03:12 AM
SAS Member

message inna bottle

well this is my first post on any forum of anykind. my google results for "people can hear my thoughts,why?" was disappointing to say the least.on the other hand its good to find something u cant google!well all im gunna make this is an invitation. an invitation to talk (btw talking is the hole thats goes unnoticed that must b filled, or we as a race are doomed, for lack of a better word).NOW for the last words ( of this post ), people CAN hear my thoughts through no effort of my own.i never doubted it once i realized it.it didnt make my preexisting anxiety worse( my anxiety is a result of our society btw).but in an effort to end my anxiety i went to psychiatrists and mental rehabs. i must have been on 15 diff meds (wich im against)in my life n none have gotten rid of my anxiety. but i am not crazy because i dont think people can hear my thoughts, i know they do. fact: recognizing a true and real event (in my opinion evidentley) makes you the farthest thing from mentally incapable. the first thing i did was try to learn how 2 turn it off,and now i know that people being able 2 hear my thoughts has become the greatest thing about life for me.like i said this is just an invitation to talk (not nearley all i have 2 say)
post #50 of 159 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 02:57 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hichews View Post
I am very anxious.
If you say people hear your thoughts you should go to hospital right away...

I'm not joking around but it's a sign of schizophrenia...and it's treatable when caught in time... please go now and explain your symptoms...
Good luck =|

"I can only think about a good life or a wonderful suicide note."
"There's two things we can't escape from and only one of both you can do it yourself. Those are Life and Death."
post #51 of 159 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 07:46 PM
UnDeRrAtED

People can see and hear my thoughts like I'm naked
post #52 of 159 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 02:47 AM
SAS Member

I was gonna make a thread on this topic untill i found this one. I have the same belief that the're definately people who can read minds, and yes I know it's soo unlikely close to impossible even. It's not like I think about it 24/7 but I have definatly been getting it a lot more than usually lately. the thought will just pop into my head for a moment and yea i think of things i don't want the other person to think about and then normally this causes me to be embarrassed or unfocused. It's just been a pain lately cause I've gotten this new position at work so im already a little outta my comfort zone.. Either way it's interesting to read what other people think about this kinda topic
post #53 of 159 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 07:06 AM
is trying.

I think people can hear my thoughts, especially when I'm near them, like in the same room or car. I get really mad and start blasting loud sounds in my mind to drive them out. Even when I'm not near people, I think ghosts can hear my thoughts and are judging me.

"You know that you are recalled to life?"
"They tell me so."
"I hope you care to live?"
"I can't say."

A Tale of Two Cities
post #54 of 159 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 03:46 PM
SAS Member

!!

Hi there

just as a suggestion, ive had severe SAS disorder for the past 5 years, and the best solution I found was not at the doctor! It usually came from within, and from my own experience and others I've found, that reassuring myself, that others hearing my thoughts are my own delusions they are not real, and allowing myself to be vulnerable in situations I was afraid to be in by riding the fear out you over come it.
post #55 of 159 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 03:57 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellome View Post
Hi there

just as a suggestion, ive had severe SAS disorder for the past 5 years, and the best solution I found was not at the doctor! It usually came from within, and from my own experience and others I've found, that reassuring myself, that others hearing my thoughts are my own delusions they are not real, and allowing myself to be vulnerable in situations I was afraid to be in by riding the fear out you over come it.
Exactly!
Learn the skills to work through the issues.

I had this happen to me today!

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #56 of 159 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 05:10 PM
SAS Member

It's impossible for anyone to see or hear your thoughts, but convincing someone actively delusional of that fact is very difficult as the same processes in the brain that cause delusions also destroy your insight and ability to think rationally.

I had a psychotic episode after injecting a ketamine analogue on top of a long-acting stimulant, 4 days of sleep deprivation, and a pretty hefty session of hash smoking... When I "awoke" into the insanity, it was like being a totally different person. At the hospital I was convinced at one point the staff were reading my mind and projecting my thoughts up on a screen (which I could see with my own eyes as clear as daylight - not in a trippy way - like it was really there). They were also "projecting" the contents of my hard drive from home up on the screen. It didn't even occur to me that it could be a hallucination, despite people telling me so. But after about a week of no drugs and my natural brain chemistry returning, I soon dismissed these insane beliefs and experiences, and realised they all came from the drugs inducing schizophrenia like mental function.

If that's the way you naturally think, hard as it may be, I would try to question thoughts you have, and not trust them implicitly. Also, get diagnosed by a psychiatrist if you haven't already, trust their opinion, and remind yourself frequently you have a tendency to have these thoughts.

post #57 of 159 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 12:21 PM
SAS Member

Wow, I get this too sometimes. Like sometimes i'll analyze what people say to me and think, "how would they know that or why would they unless they were either spying on me or can read my thoughts" I feel like everyone knows the side of me i don't want them to know... even thought i've never been in a situation where anyone has called me out on it. I absolutely refuse to go to any bars in the town i was raised and moved back to, because i'm afraid everyone knows my secrets and i'm a big joke or something even though i doubt people even know or care even if they did. I can at least rationalize to myself that i'm losing it, i know i'm being ridiculous but it's like i can't stop thinking this way
post #58 of 159 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 01:02 PM
SAS Member

I have everyone else's thoughts in my head.
post #59 of 159 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 05:49 AM
SAS Member

Other people say they are hearing my thoughts

It's not just me that thinks other people are hearing what i'm thinking. It's a running joke in my family. My husband says i'm thinking too loudly, he's always telling me to keep my thoughts to myself. My kids think it's funny. I don't think it's funny, in fact i find the experience unnerving. We've excluded coincidence, like driving past a yellow signpost and both mentioning yellow. The things that are said are eerie. I've done this since i was a child (knowing when someone is just about to telephone). It happens at least once a day. Most often with a family member but today with a person i have never encountered before, a new gym instructor. I told her i had spinal fractures and was thinking about the accidents when i told her. She said "from falling off a horse?" I nodded, she said "you look like a horse person" This might not seem odd at first but why pick a horse riding accident instead of something more common? And i don't look like a horse rider, i'm very overweight at the moment. Anyway i got home and started to tell my husband. I told him she said "from falling off a horse" to which he replied "she said you look like a horse rider"! HUH? I was stumped. I asked if i had somehow already told him of the conversation and forgotten. He said no, in fact he laughed and couldn't explain why he had said it because he agreed i don't look like a horse rider whatever that looks like. I've just about had it. It feels like i can't have a private thought. But on the other hand it feels like a potential skill. Yes i have social phobia for which i'm being treated and i've seen my share of psychiatrists and psychologists. I've never been diagnosed with any form of psychosis. I don't know what to think because other people around me think it's true, if this weren't the case maybe i'd just keep trying to put it down to noise. Thoughts anyone
post #60 of 159 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:39 AM
SAS Member

IMO people have so much in common that our perceptions sort of ping one another creating a tension that facilitates a smoothing over of meaningless noise into idears... I kind of think of it as running a simulation. Even life can be surprising when I say something and what do you know, there goes a truck with a big word written on it of what I have just said.

We are imaginative...and as philosophers have argued, it can be difficult to rule out that we are not simulations. Of course I am probably not being very helpful. In another way, predicting people's thoughts, or broadcasting ones own, may be a sort of idleness.... so get back to work ;]

I think there is more going on myself and look forward to hearing some popularized research some time down the road... in the meanwhile, I suggest trying to enjoy one self, and as always, do no harm. While it is good to be social and fit within the consensual norms, we are running some pretty amazing rigs with our brains.... who can fairly say what the limits are of our potential? I am tempted to believe that I can simulate and make fairly accurate predictions of behavior...but it is also, maybe more, important to scrap the imaginative field, like that old etch-a-sketch sitting disused in the basements somewheres... ah the unbounded potential of being human comes with certain risks as well.... take care all! pleasant dreams... <3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page