People can hear my thoughts - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 159 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 02:14 PM
SAS Member

I want to thank you for answering problems I and other have. I went to the doctor today and im starting treatment. I told him I speak with this voice on a daily basis but now I know how to play it cool among others. I dont panic or go crazy I know how to be "mature" about it. He just looked at me and suggested therapy..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 159 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 12:39 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pameliux88 View Post
I want to thank you for answering problems I and other have. I went to the doctor today and im starting treatment. I told him I speak with this voice on a daily basis but now I know how to play it cool among others. I dont panic or go crazy I know how to be "mature" about it. He just looked at me and suggested therapy..
I'm glad you've decided to seek treatment. Did he give you a diagnosis? What medications, if any, have you been prescribed?
post #23 of 159 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 01:03 PM
SAS Member

For past the past six moths I've had lorazepam and risperidone. But not constantly. I'll just take it once in a while. However I have an appt on tuesday and theyll check out whats the best.. lame.. I dont like admiting it. its retarded.

post #24 of 159 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 06:51 PM
SAS Member

hearing voices and thinking people can read your mind are symptoms of psychosis
post #25 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 04:01 AM
SAS Member

I feel exactly the same way, **** I've been in this state of mind for a few years now, and every time it gets worse. I can't even go out during the day because I get really paranoid, I keep thinking people can read my thoughts, I feel like everyone is looking at me. This disorder has become so severe that I have skip school because I just get paranoid and I start acting weird.
post #26 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 01:05 AM
B double E double R UN

that is how pot affects me
post #27 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 04:00 PM
SAS Member

I used to think this and still do often. But I reposed if people could hear my thoughts they probably would have taken me to the doctor...
post #28 of 159 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 07:38 PM
SAS Member

paranoid schizophrenia possibly, i have this/
post #29 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 09:30 PM
SAS Member

radio waves !!!

actually it is possible ......check out a film from guy richie called revolver!!! its a loosely bassed likeness and you should seek help and its not something you should get drawn into as it does only get worse the longer it goes on but it is real and very possible!!!
post #30 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 10:20 PM
SAS Member

post #31 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 09:34 PM
SAS Member

post #32 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 10:40 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pameliux88 View Post
For past the past six moths I've had lorazepam and risperidone. But not constantly. I'll just take it once in a while. However I have an appt on tuesday and theyll check out whats the best.. lame.. I dont like admiting it. its retarded.
I guess you've been told you have schizophrenia, otherwise you probably wouldn't be on risperidone. However, risperidone has one similarity to most other drugs - it only works if you take it.
post #33 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 08:55 AM
SAS Member

Wow, I thought this place was for finding help, I didn't realize coming here meant submitting to judgment and getting branded without due process.

People here throw the 'schizophrenia' thing around too easily. Open your minds people, spiritual awareness / consciousness raising resembles schizophrenia, at least in the way it's practiced commonly. I'd like to know who's handing out the doctorates to those of you willing to brand others so irresponsibly.

pameliux88 - do not accept a diagnosis of schizophrenia or psychosis without a second opinion. I recommend finding a second doctor that shares your faith or at least respects it. There is no way a doctor can responsibly prescribe meds without a serious course of analysis. What you are experiencing could have dozens of causes, make sure you're finding, or being told, the right one. It may even take you a long time but it's worth the effort, you need the truth, not a band-aid that's more a restraint than a relief.

Here's a word for y'all - Neurodiversity - look it up. Stop letting the neurotypicals tell you how to think and live. NTs are more schizophrenic than not. They're too darn fragile for their own good and their weakness is going to be more disastrous than constructive for our species.
post #34 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 05:17 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaw View Post
Here's a word for y'all - Neurodiversity - look it up. Stop letting the neurotypicals tell you how to think and live. NTs are more schizophrenic than not. They're too darn fragile for their own good and their weakness is going to be more disastrous than constructive for our species.
Yes, you're right that there are other conditions in which risperidone is used (or other people for whom risperidone is prescribed, if you like).
I'm a bit confused by what by you mean by "Neurotypicals are more schizophrenic than not". Are you saying that people who would usually be classified as having normal neuro-psychological function are more likely to be schizophrenic than those who are not?
post #35 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 07:49 PM
SAS Member

This must be one of my major problems these days, like others have said, I automatically assume people know what i'm thinking and feeling, its a scary feeling and seems, completley irrational

"He who is drowned is not troubled by the rain"
post #36 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 11:44 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleseed1 View Post
This must be one of my major problems these days, like others have said, I automatically assume people know what i'm thinking and feeling, its a scary feeling and seems, completley irrational
Yes, but there's a difference between the experience in a psychosis - like schizophrenia - in which people really do believe that others know what they are thinking and feeling; and the experience in SA where you know it's your imagination and anxiety that's causing the feeling, and you know they can't really know what's going on inside your head.

Unfortunately, knowing that it's not really happening doesn't necessarily make the feeling any less disturbing.
post #37 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Permanently Banned

No, they can't, but you can and your thoughts effect how you feel and that shows. They can't actually hear your thoughts, but your body language and stuff kinda reveals it in a way.
post #38 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 06:25 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
that is how pot affects me
I thought it was just me! Nobody even believes me I can hear voices and read other people when I smoke pot. They're all like "it was obviously laced" but I'm like "you smoked the same stuff!"

Yeah, I hear indistinct voices, and sometimes I start to feel like I can feel inside the other people's personalities in the room, and almost make out their thoughts. It starts to totally freak me out because then I can't remember what it feels like to be who I am, and I don't have control over my feelings of self. Sooo crazy. I always get really uncomfortable and have to leave the room. Only when I'm high though.

I'm not saying people who experience psychosis should not seek help, because they should, but I think that drugs (and yeah, prescribed or not!) can mess with our brain chemistry, and mess with our brain waves. When our brains are working in a different pattern from the way we were born to be, then we can potentially see or hear or feel things that we haven't necessarily evolved to experience, but it's energy that's always there, we just don't have the right brain patterns to perceive it. But I'm not crazy, that's just a theory and does not affect the way I deal with reality. I still perceive it in the normal way, and am aware of what is normal and what is not. Still I think there is more to being crazy than what they say...
post #39 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 06:28 PM
SAS Member

Aside from drugs though, other things can affect your mind. Like I used to feel like people were reading my thoughts. But if you are in a room or something that has a high electromagnetic field, if you have a sensitivity to it, you can start to hallucinate or feel paranoid. For me that's what it was, because there was a room in my house growing up I always thought was haunted. I could feel someone or something watching me and reading my thoughts, and got paranoid there were cameras behind the mirrors recording me. It honestly only ever happened in this one room in my entire life. Totally an EMF field. You should look into it if it only occurs in specific places.
post #40 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 02:27 AM
SAS Member

I'm with Dinosaw

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page