Paranoia - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Unhappy

Paranoia

So I actually have Bipolar II, with my severe anxiety/agoraphobia.

Problem is, I've developed MAJOR paranoia as an adult (noticeable since I was 24) I've been petrified of everything from past boyfriends leaving me out in the woods to pushing me out of the car while on the freeway, my current roommates beating me up or kicking me and my daughter out, all kinds of crazy stuff that I know for a fact wouldn't happen but its there in my head and I hole up in my room/house and never leave and sleep all day so it feeds my already bad depressive states ugh.

I can't do this!

I'm on my meds, and have never gotten off them, don't plan on it either. I worry about my ability to parent my child. I refuse to give her up, she is my daughter and I will do everything I must to take care of her with my own hands, but while I am sick like this... I am scared. For her and for myself.

Help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 01:20 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrvxn View Post
So I actually have Bipolar II, with my severe anxiety/agoraphobia.

Problem is, I've developed MAJOR paranoia as an adult (noticeable since I was 24) I've been petrified of everything from past boyfriends leaving me out in the woods to pushing me out of the car while on the freeway, my current roommates beating me up or kicking me and my daughter out, all kinds of crazy stuff that I know for a fact wouldn't happen but its there in my head and I hole up in my room/house and never leave and sleep all day so it feeds my already bad depressive states ugh.

I can't do this!

I'm on my meds, and have never gotten off them, don't plan on it either. I worry about my ability to parent my child. I refuse to give her up, she is my daughter and I will do everything I must to take care of her with my own hands, but while I am sick like this... I am scared. For her and for myself.

Help.
I had something similar, although nothing so severe. I noticed that watching too much negative TV and movies increases this. Or hanging out with negative people.

I stopped hanging out with people who have similar fears and I stopped watching news and negative movies. I only hang out with positive people and watch only comedies and NEVER watch news. Because we learn a lot of those fears from such sources. I also do cognitive therapy at home, which is basically practicing to think more rationally and changing my brain chemistry.

Also, try to find people who have similar problems and improved and see what they did.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page