Panic attack? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Panic attack?

Okay, so today I decided I would take my g/f to her favorite restaurant as a surprise... unfortunately, that means driving over a bridge to get there, and ever since I was little, I've been pretty terrified of bridges.

As we were driving over the bridge, I experienced what I think may have been a full-blown panic attack... I felt like I couldn't breathe and started gasping for air, and I was convinced that I was going to vomit into my lap right then and there, my mouth got extremely dry and I was gripping the steering wheel so hard I was practically shaking...

It was over in a few minutes, but I don't think I've ever experienced something like that... could this have been a panic attack? It's bizarre, because I've driven over bridges a number of times before, and although I get nervous, I've never experienced these symptoms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 11:59 PM

something similar happened to me last night, I was eating with a friend in a restaurant but when I was ending my food, people started dancing (I hate dance and that HORRIBLE music) so I went to the bathroom to relax but the panic attack was TOO MUCH and I had to go outside =/

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page