Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

OCD and effective medications

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  lily 
#1 ·
Anyone have OCD and was helped with medication?

I've experienced recently extraordinary OCD w/ #'s related to bad things and events coming from either me or another medication I'm taking or another naturopathic medicine I'm taking but I have to deal w/ this now while I pray to God...

I'm thinking to try fluoxetine (Prozac), or fluvoxamine (luvox). Zoloft I've tried for anxiety a long time ago and it didn't help w/ anxiety and in the trial period I had a hallucination that the people in the tv could probably see me and Paxil in the past didn't help w/ anxiety and I gained 20 lbs in the trial period and it was very addictive getting off of it without a really bad side effect or something like that.

I would like to stop trying the clomipramine due to something really bad I found about it but I think it did help so far.

Thanks so tremendously.

#6 ·
I find the anxiety hard to describe. I am considered tp be on the spectrum (Autism/Asperger). I constantly need some peace of mind (calmness). Noises, lights and too much socialization drains me out. I am very sensitive, which causes a lot of stress. I had a few panic attacks in college when talking to a group of people. I get to know better, about what to do, when the tension goes up. I still need to be aware so that things don't get out of hand.

#7 ·
Fluoxetine helped me with my ocd intrusive thoughts and helped me lose weight.First 3 weeks were awful,my ocd got worse and i would wake up after only 5 hours of night sleep with horrible morning anxiety.It got better after 21 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.