Mescaline and SA? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Mescaline and SA?

Well? Has anyone tried to verify this claim that mescaline helps treat OCD and SA? There is gathering research that suggests the seritonin-antagonist hallucinogens provide (somehow) an almost curative measure.
This seems more promising to me than prescription chemicals. I also understand the sensitive nature and general "aura" surrounding mescaline (images of hippies, losers, the DEA and other negative associations with mescaline), but I didn't notice anything in Forum Rules about posting this idea.
Refrence:
http://www.maps.org/research/psilo/azproto.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 09:40 PM

Re: Mescaline and SA?

Mescaline doesn't treat SA and OCD, I assure you.

Unless you are one of the 1 in a million people who has one of those trips where their third eye opens and you talk to Jesus. To have one of those trips though you take some great risks.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

So you must speak from experience in this...
Can a transcendental experience treat this? This is what you are saying, correct?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 05:44 PM

A transcendental experience can be quite profound and life changing.

What a transcendental experience essentially is, is the death of your false self and the realization of your true self. Or in other words, you realize what you have been all along.

But of course, all drugs eventually wear off, and once you have come down from the high, your false self will most likely appear again. This is why so many hippies back in the 60's turned to Buddhism and Hinduism. The realizations they had on acid were the same truths and realizations professed in these religions.

----

We're talking a lot of acid and shrooms for these god like moments of revelation to take place though. On doses this high it is quite probable that anyone could have a mental breakdown or bad trip.

This is why I meditate. As much as I love psychedelics, it can be quite scary when you go to the deep end of the pool and you can't swim back. When meditating, I can walk away. There is no off switch when you're high.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

But where's your meditation when you're in the McDonalds trying to eat but your concern is so overwhelming that you're being looked at you can't enjoy your meal and you gotta leave?
Where's your meditation when you want to go to that AA meeting but can't, knowing full well you'll leave in a near-panic?
Where's your meditation when you're talking to someone you don't know, but can't do any talking because you're thinking about other things--things like how many microseconds of eye-contact you're making/whether or not the ambient lighting is making you look creepy/whether or not the person you're talking to hears the tremor in your falsetto/hoping your next sentence doesn't contain a stutter as the sentence two sentences before did, etc.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 06:51 PM

hehe, no one meditates at McDonalds silly.

Meditating is like reading a book. When you stop meditating, you walk away with something. Just like when you put down a book, you walk away knowing something you didn't before.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 01:14 PM

No way!
That IS NOT a good idea.
Unless you like going to mental hospitals.
Been there, done that.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll714
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelKent
No way!
That IS NOT a good idea.
Unless you like going to mental hospitals.
Been there, done that.
By exploiting tolerance it's possible to completely bypass the conscious-altering effects of psychedelic drugs. So no it's not a bad idea at all. My mom and several of my friends suffer from OCD and I might even have it myself. OCD is @#%$ terrible. This is a complete cure we're talking about here.
Right. We have to look at this from the therapeutic end; not the 'Headbanger's Ball' end.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page