Maladaptive Daydreaming - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Occasionally Bannned

Maladaptive Daydreaming

Has anyone that experiences maladaptive daydreaming find anything helpful in dealing with this? This is my biggest problem in life--outstripping even SA. In my 8 or so years on this forum, I have never once posted in or about this topic. It's the single greatest embarrassment to me...infact, the first reader of this thread has the honor of being the first person on Earth to know this about me (yep, even doctors).

`

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

- Ezekiel 23:20

And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight.

--Ezekiel 4:12

Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ***.

--1 Samuel 15:3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 04:03 PM
A3rghee029

I used to. from around 17-21 I would daydream constantly. vividly. I would get a sort of high from it, and since I wasn't getting high from anything else, it became addictive. Its like I would get my fix from the daydream, go make myself something to eat, watch tv, and then close my eyes and start anew. sorry I'm not talking about "daydreaming", just plain old daydreaming.
It never helped with my SA. Just felt good for awhile.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 07:13 PM
SAS Member

All the time? I often daydream of epic science fiction plots that involve the practical use of the philosophies I love so much to dire crises involving all of humanity. In the last year or two, I've actually built upon the same daydream to the point of seriously considering writing down my thoughts and making my own book (for better or worse! lol).

Daydreaming really helps me think things out.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 07:14 PM
SAS Member

Although I wouldn't consider mine maladaptive per say. It does make me procrastinate A LOT though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page