Lack of will to live, but not suicidal - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #61 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 11:15 AM
SAS Member

I'm not suicidal. But I have lost the will to live. I hate everything and what society has become. I dont want to see world war 3. I don't want to see terrorism take over the world. I don't want to know what our world has become in 10 years time when I have children. I don't want kids growing up with false hope and beliefs about society and the way out system works like I did. I Am ashamed to be human. Now I'm not a "nature freak" or anything, but humans are slowly destroying the planet, our earth is beautiful. I dont want to experience the end of humanity. Who knows what will happen the next 5 years, let alone the next 70.
I am fed up with poverty, terrorism, war, disease, cruelty, and all the other sh!t that goes on that I cannot change
I am simply fed up with living and id rather die than live in such a fcked up place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 12:20 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Lonely
That's fairly common to reach that level of disgust. When it happens to me, firstly, no more news, blogs, etc. Secondly, I try and focus on one new small thing I can do to make a contribution, i.e. recycling, picking up litter, smile more at people, etc. I don't know where things are headed, but I refuse to be part of the problem and I try to make small, but meaningful changes to help.
post #63 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 12:18 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningknight View Post
I'm just surviving day by day. If I was in a car wreck and was on the brink of death I would just accept it.

The only real thing that gives me any will to live at all is my loving girlfriend. I really don't know what I would do without her sometimes.
Your lucky you have a relationship a lot of us on here can't get one because of are SA. I do wish I wouldn't wake up every single day because I never really have any fun in my life. Literally the only thing stopping me from killing myself is that in the bible it doesn't say you will go to hell if you commit suicide but it also doesn't say you want so I will never take that chance because NOTHING is worse than hell. I do believe there is Hell and Heaven I know some people don't but I have had experiences and seen with my OWN EYES things move by themselves. There is going to be people that say I am just saying this for attention and that it could be wind or something but I know it wasn't and that is the only assurance I need.:

In order for there to be winners there has to be losers. Most of us just don't know the story of the losers since it's always told by the victor.

post #64 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 01:01 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyfish View Post
I'm not suicidal. But I have lost the will to live. I hate everything and what society has become. I dont want to see world war 3. I don't want to see terrorism take over the world. I don't want to know what our world has become in 10 years time when I have children. I don't want kids growing up with false hope and beliefs about society and the way out system works like I did. I Am ashamed to be human. Now I'm not a "nature freak" or anything, but humans are slowly destroying the planet, our earth is beautiful. I dont want to experience the end of humanity. Who knows what will happen the next 5 years, let alone the next 70.
I am fed up with poverty, terrorism, war, disease, cruelty, and all the other sh!t that goes on that I cannot change
I am simply fed up with living and id rather die than live in such a fcked up place.
I am never going to have kids because as you are clearly seeing for yourself the world is a good place but humans are making it bad. Animals never murder or rape or cause wars? Also animals only love they don't judge you or anything there's no reason to hurt them. (yet we still do)I don't want to bring anyone else into this, especially young children. We are on the brink of world war three USA and there allies against Russia and all there allies. The way I see it Humanity is not the name of a species, it's the name of a virus because once we destroy our planet we are just going to (assuming we don't destroy ourselves in the next 250 years) go to another planet and destroy that one.(also assuming we would be technologically advanced enough by then)

In order for there to be winners there has to be losers. Most of us just don't know the story of the losers since it's always told by the victor.
post #65 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 01:13 AM
SAS Member

Nice to know I'm not alone in how I feel. At least we have each other on here.
post #66 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 02:11 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Drunk
I know how it is. Each day I become more suicidal. What really hurts is that someone close to me could help me, but they refuse. It just makes it so much worse.
post #67 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 02:14 AM
SAS Member

That's how i feel, life is pointless and i don't belong anywhere. I can't relate to all these people with their optimism, their relationships and their projects, they can have all of that because they are normal.
post #68 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 10:37 PM
SAS Member

Wow finally people that know what I feel. I'm so tired of people saying it'll get better don't worry. Like how can I not? I hate being awake everyday but I don't want to kill myself because I'd never want to put my family through that. I've been on two different mess and I've been to the therapist and nothing has helped me.
post #69 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 10:46 PM
Chlorine and Wine

My Mood: Dead
Simply nothing more to give.

Here's to life, the vice
The great herald of misery
In this cup, spiritus frumenti
For this is the nectar of the spirit
post #70 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 11:38 PM
Permanently Banned

Yeah, I don't really value my life much. I don't intend to end it, but some days I wish something would randomly happen that would.

Life is a gift, I still have some youth left. I realize this. I should be doing more with the opportunity I have.

But I've been demoralized to the point where I don't have much energy or will to push forward, to go after what I want, to work on getting better. My will is broken and I'm searching for some kind of motivation, a catalyst, a turning point. To get me started.

Other people are so motivated and passionate, they are nose to the grindstone going after what they want, accomplishing things, building momentum, having awesome lives. For now I'm content to read a lot, screw around online, play games, go on the occasional date or nature walk. it's not really living, it's more existing, and wasting the opportunity of life.

Some people just don't have that 'drive' I guess?
post #71 of 78 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 08:13 PM
SAS Member

Unhappy

What my family thinks will help:

I told my mom that I have lost my will to live on numerous occasions. She always goes "Oh god, Molly. What the hell is wrong with you?" And dismisses it. I know she would be upset, but she is not what is keeping me alive.
post #72 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 05:50 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
I can relate to everything on this thread...
post #73 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 09:14 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Worried
A constant apathy to everything including death.

post #74 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 10:30 AM
SAS Member

Waking up in the morning is so depressing. It's never a "can't wait to start my day!" feeling, it's more of a "god ****ing damnit here we go again" feeling.
post #75 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 05:07 PM
SAS Member

Why isn't there a damn switch in our body ? "Press button to end life".
Why do I have to keep on going, dreary day after dreary day ? Feel condemned to life. Pointless, pleasureless, boring and dull no matter what to me. I do envy people who seem to rejoice in everyday little things. Never been able to feel that. Ever. Like a ****ed up machine that should have been discarded from the assembly line but which doesn't want to stop, I have to endure this damn pointless joke. There's no need for me to fear afterlife. It's already hell down here.
post #76 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 05:27 PM
The Groat King

That's how I feel, not suicidal but very bored with life in general.
post #77 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 04:04 PM
Nefelibata

We have the potential to make our planet such a beautiful, amazing place to live in yet we almost always opt to destroy it with our actions. To make myself feel better I often think of elaborate parallel universes where every negative action here is positive elsewhere, a sort of Yang to "our" universe's Yin. Imagination is one of the few things still tethering me to this ****ty dimension

I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.
✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
─ Anas Nin
post #78 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 05:13 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellophanegirl View Post
However, most of the time I feel like I'm in this kind of limbo space. I just spend all of my free time online, getting more and more bored and restless. I don't really love my job, and it's not related to anything I might be striving for in the future.

I feel like I'm just floating through life like a ghost. I don't want to die, but I don't feel happy or exited about the life I have right now either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fate77 View Post
Yes. I really don't see any purpose in living, although I don't think I'll ever commit suicide.

I think having no broader purpose to one's life is probably the primary cause of depression these days, and there's a correlation between hedonism and clinical depression.

So many things I'd like to do, so many tasks I'd like to complete, but I never have the self-discipline to get around to doing them, which absolutely destroys all self-esteem.
These two quotes describe how I used to feel very well.

No purpose. Didn't have any drive, nor enthusiasm. No discipline to do anything.

Thankfully, I'm a completely different person today. I'm motivated, and pursuing goals that are dear to my heart.

If I had two pieces of advice, that have had a HUGE impact on me, it'd be the following:

1. Ditch easy instant gratification. Staring at a screen several hours a day while munching on Doritos turns you into a zombie. It literally eats up all your natural drive, and causes you to self-loathe. Since I've cut out all that hyper-stimulating stuff, I've found myself with a lot more energy, discipline, and a renewed enthusiasm in life in general. @fate77 talked about how hedonism and depression are linked. That's exactly true. Constant consumption of entertainment will make you addicted and miserable.

2. Build the life that you want. Live according to your values. Literally sit down with a pen and paper. And think long and hard about how you want to design your life. Don't think that you're condemned to being a little drone who works for a bit entity, if that's bothering you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleSister View Post
It's called low-grade depression, I believe. But I know what you mean.
It's also called dysthymia. Low grade depression that goes on for very long, often longer than a major depressive episode.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page