re: above post

Sorry that was meant to say 'somewhere horrible' not 'someone horrible'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 02:26 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalbath View Post
Hmm. That self deserting avoidant sounds like me pretty much to a tee.

To answer your question, I do it, but only at night. Kind of like a daydream that helps me slip into unconsciousness in my nighttime dreams. Maybe sometimes I'll wake up with a good dream and stay extra long in bed to somehow prolong that dream. I dunno, I guess when you're in bed and half-asleep they feel more real. My daytime dreaming is hardly ever half as strong. Unless I've got music on and have my eyes closed, which, again, I'm trying to slip into that night-dream state somehow.

I don't think it's bad, unless you find yourself slipping into it in all your waking hours. Kind of like Walter Mitty (which was a really great movie by the way OP, I think you'd like it). If you're doing that as you're going about your daily chores, eating, bathing, etc, then I think it would be harmful. (Though I'm not sure how you manage that anyway b/c daydreaming for me at least requires shutting everything out and full concentration.)

I love my day/night dreams. I wouldn't give them up for the world.

Yes its true. I also found myself like that. It is much help as well.. like in physics I can use my imagination to visualize what would happen next.. so guys try this gift to use in some importants ways.. I would also love to die if I loss my MD .. IM PROUD TO BE AN MALADAPTIVE DAYDREAMING BEARER

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page