Is it possible for a persone to be half social phobic and half schizoid - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Is it possible for a persone to be half social phobic and half schizoid

I mean I'm affected by social anxiety disorder, but I'm not interested in relations, in particular I don't want a girlfriend or long-time relation (neither short-time relations). I prefer to live on my own, and nobody should bother me. There is also the possibility that my condition of life make me become like this but I think that also before I wasn't really interested in relationships.
Even as regards being cold and distant I'm pretty similar to schizoid, so I don't know. What do you think about it? Could a person be a mix?
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post my question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

*made me become..
I'm sorry, I didn't remember there isn't the edit button...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 03:40 PM
The Goat King

I have a diagnosis of both Generalized Social Anxiety Disorder and Schizoid Personality Disorder, so there is a possibility you have both disorders.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 07:59 PM
SAS Member

i think I might have schizotypal beside social phobia.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 08:05 PM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

Language: English
Honestly, sounds like me. Nobody has ever suggested schizoid to me, although its certainly something I have considered. In fact my anxieties pretty much stem from the fact I might have to interact with people and do normal stuff, this isn't so much because I am scared of them (though that is there as well to a degree) its more a kind of loathing to have to be like everyone else and do things I simply see no value in doing. My perspective is certainly very different from the 'I want to be normal' posts I see on here.

The only problem I have with schizoid for myself, and the reason I probably am not, is the 'insensitivity to criticism' stuff. I am very sensitive to criticism, and I am def affected by good and bad news.

I am also not particularly convinced about personality disorders in general anyway, it seems that basing a diagnosis entirely on 'difference from the average' is a rather intellectually weak justification.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Well, i'm sensitive to criticism too and I add that I have a schizoid characteristic that is to maintain a certain distance. As regards relations, I'm not interested, but I could find it nice to see a single person rarely in a bar and just talking about recent news. I have not the way of a schizoid when I talk, now I seem a normal person. This is due partially to the fact that I did exposure exercises and even attending university I changed, keeping to stay alone but without inferiory complex(just a choice). So i'm a lot confused, maybe I should stop to label myself with so many labels and focus on contents.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Orange Alert

My Mood: Worried
I think the title applies to me. I don't get lonely, ever. I've never even tried to find a mate, though I'm getting interested now. And I do get anxious about some social situations.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page