insomnia - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

insomnia

recently my life has been very hectic, lots of things that are happening that i am not used to and sleep isnt an easy thing for me to get anymore, usually i go to bed at 4/5 am and sleep till 9 or so then wake up and i was tired before at 11:30 pm so i thought i would go to bed, got 2 hours sleep and then just woke up

i never really had any sleeping problems before not for such a prolonged period(2 weeks or more) is there anything i can do to cope with it? for example i got a few friends i speak to but they are all asleep at this time so loneliness(the main problem i am having with my supposed insomnia) is kinda a pain also should things improve once things in my life calm down? thank you for any help

also i gotta say while i cant sleep and its not fun my life has been so much better recently, things seem to be going well for me in my personal life but i still have lots of stress more than usual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 10:01 AM
SAS Member

The only way to do it, is to get back to your old routine when you went to bed a set time. Like if you went to bed usually at 9 PM on school days, you're gonna have to get back to that even if you have to force yourself to do it.

The body has it's on clock, but you can train it. It's all about routine. And the reason why you weren't able to get up as early after being up so late , was because your body hadn't had enough rest. And sometimes your body will rebel and call the shots lol. Start your old routine tomorrow. You just have to turn off everything and go to bed. Stay determined.

Sometimes reading for 30 minutes before bed helps wind down.

I love you in human and dinosaur speek. -- Leary88
Hear me RAWR
~ Avril Lavigne - Hot
~ Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi

03-01-2012
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
The only way to do it, is to get back to your old routine when you went to bed a set time. Like if you went to bed usually at 9 PM on school days, you're gonna have to get back to that even if you have to force yourself to do it.

The body has it's on clock, but you can train it. It's all about routine. And the reason why you weren't able to get up as early after being up so late , was because your body hadn't had enough rest. And sometimes your body will rebel and call the shots lol. Start your old routine tomorrow. You just have to turn off everything and go to bed. Stay determined.

Sometimes reading for 30 minutes before bed helps wind down.
you expect me to read something?.......like a book?..... j/k thank you for the reply its just such a pain i understand me not being able to sleep but i dont understand why when i am extremely tired my body would actually decide to wake me up 2 hours after i start sleeping thank you for the help though i will do that its 4:03 am here atm so i might listen to some extremely heavy and fast music all day till i reach 11:30 pm ish and go to bed and hopefully get an amazing sleep thanks again

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 10:15 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 161 View Post
you expect me to read something?.......like a book?..... j/k thank you for the reply its just such a pain i understand me not being able to sleep but i dont understand why when i am extremely tired my body would actually decide to wake me up 2 hours after i start sleeping thank you for the help though i will do that its 4:03 am here atm so i might listen to some extremely heavy and fast music all day till i reach 11:30 pm ish and go to bed and hopefully get an amazing sleep thanks again
I know the feeling, I go to bed at 8am, wake up at 11am. Stay up for a few hours, (till 1pm ish) then nap tilll 5pm.

The only way to fix it now, is to stay up all night, and sleep well 2maro night. Try benderal as it will help you sleep threw the night. Sometimes going to bed on a full tummy helps too, a warm glass of milk might help

I love you in human and dinosaur speek. -- Leary88
Hear me RAWR
~ Avril Lavigne - Hot
~ Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi

03-01-2012
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
I know the feeling, I go to bed at 8am, wake up at 11am. Stay up for a few hours, (till 1pm ish) then nap tilll 5pm.

The only way to fix it now, is to stay up all night, and sleep well 2maro night. Try benderal as it will help you sleep threw the night. Sometimes going to bed on a full tummy helps too, a warm glass of milk might help
thank you so much for your help, hopefully i can get back into a decent sleeping pattern i am sorry you have problems with sleep too, i am just hoping its a stress thing i got a few things coming up that i am very nervous about so i am hoping its just stressing me out
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

pity i still have insomnia i really cant wait till this is gone being the only person awake at night is so lonely
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Joe
Permanently Banned

Exercise can help you fall asleep easier because it will make your muscles tired, other stuff like ear plugs (if your thinking alot) and not on a computer/ watching the tv have helped a bit with sleeping for me.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jJoe View Post
Exercise can help you fall asleep easier because it will make your muscles tired, other stuff like ear plugs (if your thinking alot) and not on a computer/ watching the tv have helped a bit with sleeping for me.
thank you i did not know that ear plugs could prevent you from thinking so i will try those mainly my main problem is thinking
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 12:23 PM
just me

I tried everything for 3 years eventually went and seen my doctor and got something non-addictive. Been working like a charm lately and I'm grateful, it is so nice to sleep again.

Don't spread false information that's also bordering, on doseage advice.

Have a working healthy relationship with your doctor.

Major depressive disorder
Bi-Polar Disorder
Social Anxiety
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds8 View Post
I tried everything for 3 years eventually went and seen my doctor and got something non-addictive. Been working like a charm lately and I'm grateful, it is so nice to sleep again.
i am glad for you i might do that if it goes on much longer though its only been about 3 weeks so its not that much
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 04:04 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds8 View Post
What are you taking? I have extreme insomnia issues.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Why so serious?

I was suffering really bad insomnia, I tried everything to get to sleep, kept a pattern, had warm baths before bed, tried some exercise, but nothing worked, I would yawn for ages and feel so tired, but couldn't sleep, when I first told my doctor about my depression and anxiety, I was put on Trazadone and Zopiclone, the Zopiclone at 7.5mg is very useful for helping sleep, the Trazadone helps depression and sleep too, never had any problems since so I would advise a visit to the docs.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla View Post
I was suffering really bad insomnia, I tried everything to get to sleep, kept a pattern, had warm baths before bed, tried some exercise, but nothing worked, I would yawn for ages and feel so tired, but couldn't sleep, when I first told my doctor about my depression and anxiety, I was put on Trazadone and Zopiclone, the Zopiclone at 7.5mg is very useful for helping sleep, the Trazadone helps depression and sleep too, never had any problems since so I would advise a visit to the docs.
thank you sorry for the very late reply but i am glad that things have improved for you
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 04:50 PM
SAS Member

I had terrible insomnia, myself, But I used hypnotherapy to correct, and now sleep so much better, I wouldn't recommned seeing an actual Hypnotist, but try out this CD like I did.

This guy is a true HypnoGod

http://www.stevegjones.com/insomniah...erapycdmp3.htm

Check this out too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC5YXW2SuKM

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page