Implicit Association Test - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

Implicit Association Test

Hello everybody!!

I am very impressed about this forum, I only wish i knew about it 3 years ago when I so much needed to talk with somebody.

I read many pages since i signed up and I realized that what i considered quirkiness is actually remains of my depression and SA. I lived 2 years with severe depression and I almost can't believe they were real. My treatment started because of my new room mate that has quite the opposite personality: she is enthusiastic and full of energy; of course, I felt threatened and more sorry for myself at the beginning, but after a while, I tried to adapt.
It was a painful change, I couldn't express my anger, I felt frustrated and mad on her, but the consequence was that I begun to detach myself from my constant rumination.
So, because I didn't have the space to stay all day in bed and cry all night that i finally changed. This is exactly how cognitive-behavior therapy works! Change the way you act, try to haunt your negative thoughts and challenge yourself step by step by wanting....something...and something more. I know its not a walk in the park, and I want to point out that no matter how much psychotherapy I read, I didn't get any significant results on my own.
I would want to ask you whether you would like to help me with my degree which I failed last year... It is about.. (who wants to guess?) SA of course!

I found that there is a component about our self esteem that isn't so low and i don't understand the reason why.. Our implicit self esteem seem to be quite fine!
Check this link for Implicit Association Tests online:

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/

and if anyone wants to answer my IAT , PM me!

Alexandra

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page