I really think I'm dead - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 01:50 AM
SAS Member

If I am not mistaken, since I experienced the same thing six months ago and was in a complete panic over it, it's very similar to what happened in "The Sixth Sense" except in that movie, he doesn't realize he's been dead the entire time until the end.

Nardil 75 mg/day (22.5 mg in the morning, 22.5 mg in the afternoon, 30 mg at night)
Seroquel 200 mg/night (100 mg to get to sleep, 100 mg in the middle of the night)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 12:15 AM
SAS Member

Similar experience

All my life i have felt as if I have been feeling "outside of myself" I'm not in tune with my body. As a result im extremely clumsy, I feel awkward socializing, and I sometimes look too long at things such as textures trying to make sense of this reality. However, I don't feel dead. You may be in a second life, I do not deny the after life. You are here for a lesson, or maybe to teach. Do not be eager to wake up from this dream. That is all this life is after all. If you are not spiritual you may want to look into the bible. You seem perfectly normal to me.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 02:51 AM
MKarlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusX View Post
I think I might be trapped between the real world and the afterlife which is the spirit world. I am going to allow myself to believe what I believe to be true instead of what I was told by a professional. I was diagnosed with a dissociative disorder. I don't experience reality. The description of my symptoms are exactly as I describe them with no exaggeration. I really do see this world with my eyes as looking dreamlike 24/7. Vividness, clarity, solidness, basically what makes up the visual part of reality is what I lack. It's called derealization and I've been this way since at least age 13. Depersonalization I have also, the feeling of being detached from myself, mentally and physically. It's not an eye condition. It's not made up. I've always told myself there is a 50/50 chance it might be true, but deep inside I feel there is a paranormal explanation for my experiences.

I think I died a long time ago and in the spirit world you are given options of how you want to live in that reality. I've chose to create a reality where I continued living, aging and for whatever reason I cannot explain I don't remember my own death. There is only one memory that is not clear to me as to what exactly happened but remember experiencing something totally different from which I was used to. I see myself crossing the street at night and everything looking very different, almost strange and foreign. What if I never made it crossing this street? What if I got hit and died there? I think I'm somehow getting closer to finding out the truth. Deep inside I can feel there is something unknown to me. It's like someone is playing a big trick on me by having me live in this FAKE reality I cannot awake from. Sorry but I'm not going to lie about it. This reality I experience every day is NOT as reality should be. I SERIOUSLY don't know if I truly exist or my surroundings.

And I'm especially tired of the advice of " listen to your therapist, blah blah blah" Like these people have magical wands in their hands who can diagnose and treat everyone. I gave up on those fools a long time ago. If this is a mental disorder I have, I don't want to treat it. Other than the mental disorder, a paranormal explanation must be considered as a real possibility. I just want to move on to the next life. I just want to remember how I died, why I am still here, what is my purpose and how to move on to the AFTERLIFE. I don't care who thinks what, " You're crazy, dude" My response is Calm down, calm down. I always think where my physical body is buried.
:/

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 11:04 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Confused
I'm super late in this answer but i think it's important because i' ve been suffered with this doubt now for almost 20 years. I'm 98% sure i'm alive but this 2% are sooo difficult...It's awful "living" with this doubt because when i'm in crisis, nothing makes sense, i think my family and friends are impostors or are dead too and i feel afraid of them. If is not my real world, who they could be? what they could do with me? It's a nightmare. I make treatment with a psychiatrist who says i'm anxious and i take lots of pills every day. I'm in serch of a cure to this suffering. Have anyoune wached this movie Inception? There's this character, Maud i think, she has the doubt of she's living in a dream or in real life. It was the kind of think i experience but i think i could be dead.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 11:58 PM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
Interesting how this thread has been necrobumped 4 times.

03-20-2014
09-13-2015
01-12-2016
Today
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 03:09 PM
SAS Deity

Location: Somewhere out there in the vast nothingness of space
My Mood: Daring
Don't give up the fight. No matter what people tell you. You're still alive because you are contemplating whether you are dead yet. If you were, you wouldn't ask that question would you ;-).

Quit contemplating and live. Don't let anyone else tell you how to do that though. You're no one's property and neither are you an animal. Feel free to message me if you want to chat. Cheers mate!

-If you are replying to something I wrote, please make sure to quote me
-I take personal messages. PM me if you want to chat.

"If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?" - John 3:12
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 09:52 PM
SAS Member

In fact! But in my mind, i could be "living" in another place where no one knows that are really dead or i'm in a trap, people are faking to me in order to not discover the death. My psychiatrist have asked: so what? You can't l"live" with the doubt if you are alive or dead? What changes? Well, for me changes everything. But the AFRAID i feel of people surrounding me is the most disturbing thing. I'm ok most of the time, but i have some crisis. I don't desire this suffering to anyone. I'm in constant searching of people who stydy Cotard's syndrome. I know that is not my case, but is similar and maybe that is a way to help not only me but lot of people with dellusion caused by a doubt. Thanks for the anwers!
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 09:59 PM
SAS Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansiosa View Post
In fact! But in my mind, i could be "living" in another place where no one knows that are really dead or i'm in a trap, people are faking to me in order to not discover the death. My psychiatrist have asked: so what? You can't l"live" with the doubt if you are alive or dead? What changes? Well, for me changes everything. But the AFRAID i feel of people surrounding me is the most disturbing thing. I'm ok most of the time, but i have some crisis. I don't desire this suffering to anyone. I'm in constant searching of people who stydy Cotard's syndrome. I know that is not my case, but is similar and maybe that is a way to help not only me but lot of people with dellusion caused by a doubt. Thanks for the anwers!
Cotard's syndrome involves the personal belief that one believes one's soul is lost. Correct? I'll just put it out there that your soul is not yours to begin with, but a gift from God. Think of it as a loan, forever remaining in His hand.

It seems that you have created your own prison world through your delusions. Only you can walk yourself out of what you have thought in to creation in your own mind. You feel?

Have you ever heard of the theory of Purgatory?
"(in Roman Catholic doctrine) a place or state of suffering inhabited by the souls of sinners who are expiating their sins before going to heaven."

Some food for thought. Find a faith and believe in it with all your heart. If you can't save yourself, it will.

"If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?" - John 3:12
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 10:02 PM
SAS Member

Psshh.... Hopefully the next realm system is way better than here. I want out..... Hopefully this would be the final cycle.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 11:55 PM
SAS Member

In Cotards sindrome the person has no doubt of being dead, could feel without a heart or lungs, for example. I'm catholic and unfortunatelly, the faith doesn't help me yet!
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 12:03 AM
SAS Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansiosa View Post
In Cotards sindrome the person has no doubt of being dead, could feel without a heart or lungs, for example. I'm catholic and unfortunatelly, the faith doesn't help me yet!
Hey mate, you spend too much time reading more about more about your problems that will reach a never ending state. You introduce doubt by the more **** you read, which loses confidence from your faith.

Hebrew 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Please do not become like this:

John 10:26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep.

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 09:38 PM
SAS Member

I try to keep myself in reality:
- think in the bills to pay: if i care about bills yet, maybe i'm believing i'm alive
- think in the people who loves me
- think how suicide could help someone is dead- makes no sense
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 05:58 PM
SAS Member

I have a similar issue, except I remember dying. I was burned alive in a box murdered. I even know who one of my killers are. Yet I'm here still, I'm alive but I remember dying it doesn't make sense. I remember the pain and my lungs burning from the smoke I remember drifting to another existence but I drifted here. Everything is somehow different but I can't quite place it, the world isn't the same and neither is anyone I know.
I don't quite understand it.
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 10:12 AM
SAS Member

I often feel detached from reality. I feel like a ghost and it's probably due to shyness and decades of isolation.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 11:41 PM
SAS Member

No way... I think I'm dead too. Though sometimes I think I'm alive. I always feel like parts of my life are being played back to me even though I died a long time ago

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page