I'm Scared to Get Better - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
Exclamation

I'm Scared to Get Better

I'm really scared to get better. I have paranoid schizophrenia and I'm really scared of getting better. I'm scared of becoming a different person. A person without meaning. I don't want to take meds because of it. I believe that if I get better, I will be alone. My mind wont talk to me anymore or as much. It'll just be me. Idk if any of this makes sense or not.

I paced around for hours, on empty
I jumped at the slightest of sounds
And I couldn't stand the person inside me
I turned all the mirrors around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 05:56 AM
SAS Member

It makes sense to me because change is scary, we only know who we are and no matter how dysfunctional that may be it is what we know and to some extent feel comfortable with.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 04:25 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaywardSon View Post
I'm really scared to get better. I have paranoid schizophrenia and I'm really scared of getting better. I'm scared of becoming a different person. A person without meaning. I don't want to take meds because of it. I believe that if I get better, I will be alone. My mind wont talk to me anymore or as much. It'll just be me. Idk if any of this makes sense or not.
I think you should take the meds. For something like schizophrenia they're very important.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page