I'm having this weird thing with subvocalization - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I'm having this weird thing with subvocalization

So I made this account because I needed somewhere to discuss this with people who could actually know what's going on. I have the kind of anxiety where if I think something's off I constantly obsess over it hoping that it's better everytime I "check" only for my worry to keep increasing. My new obsession is one of the scariest because it has to do with my own thoughts. So basically in my head I try to think of certain sounds, namely the "F" sound and a lot of the times something feels off about the pronunciation in my head. I can say it just fine with no issue and when I manage to distract myself it's not an issue but when I really get to obsessing over it it almost feels like my brain isn't making the F sound in my head. One side not is if I start silently moving my tongue and lips it feels more right for the most part. I looked up keywords on Twitter and I've found a couple other people who are experiencing this so I'm not the only one. The point of me making this thread is to hopefully find clarity on wtf I'm doing or to at least hear from folks who've experienced it. (or to give Google a result so if somebody else is experiencing this they know others are going through it)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 04:52 PM
(J)joke(pj)partjoke(s)sar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAINIACx View Post
So I made this account because I needed somewhere to discuss this with people who could actually know what's going on. I have the kind of anxiety where if I think something's off I constantly obsess over it hoping that it's better everytime I "check" only for my worry to keep increasing. My new obsession is one of the scariest because it has to do with my own thoughts. So basically in my head I try to think of certain sounds, namely the "F" sound and a lot of the times something feels off about the pronunciation in my head. I can say it just fine with no issue and when I manage to distract myself it's not an issue but when I really get to obsessing over it it almost feels like my brain isn't making the F sound in my head. One side not is if I start silently moving my tongue and lips it feels more right for the most part. I looked up keywords on Twitter and I've found a couple other people who are experiencing this so I'm not the only one. The point of me making this thread is to hopefully find clarity on wtf I'm doing or to at least hear from folks who've experienced it. (or to give Google a result so if somebody else is experiencing this they know others are going through it)
No i dont have that problem but it sounds like Ocd as you know already.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page